Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 09:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
I'm considering New i20 CRDi Sportz against New Dzire
What's your take ??
Considering the number of complaints, users have had against the i20's previous version regarding weak A/C and steering rattle, I would recommend you play safe and go in for the Dzire since you already have a booking. Granted that it (the i20) is a new model and the flaws may have been ironed out by Hyundai, but one can never be sure right now. A short TD might not throw up these issues but these might just surface after you've clocked some miles on the car.
I only say this considering the history of the model (no offense meant to any i20 fans).
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 10:21   #92
BHPian

I have the first-gen i20 with dark brown dashboard, music system with the same color, red/orange lights for the instrumentation cluster and the music system, and no chrome on the front grill ( for the magna trim). I know looks are subjective, but I think this was the best version of i20, looks-wise. They spoiled it with the silver coloured music system and blue lights, and now the looks have gone further downhill. Of course the improved features are another matter, and the steps they have taken on the AC and steering are welcome ( if they have really improved ).

Just my personal view.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:45   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
So, how many of you think that it's advisable to wait for New iGen i20 to arrive !

I'm considering New i20 CRDi Sportz against New Dzire
What's your take ??
I'd always go for the tried and tested Dzire, rather than try my luck with a just-launched model.
MalluDude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 10:55   #94
BHPian

I own the current gen i20 and I feel that it had more contemporary looks that the new version. In the new version, there are too many things happening. But I envy the new gadgetry included in the new version.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:57   #95
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
I'd always go for the tried and tested Dzire, rather than try my luck with a just-launched model.

Mauti swift Dzire is a newly launched car , which is launched only a few months ago. It is not a tried and tested one. Only the name is same. Hyundai i20 is a face-lift, not a newly developed car. So the i20 is basically the tried and tested one and swift Dzire is a new product. B/w the most tried and tested model in India is HM ambassador

Last edited by anb : 30th March 2012 at 10:59.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 11:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai seeming to be doing something right!!! One of the reasons i did not go for the i20 was the lack of ABS in sportz version. They have that now!! Good job Hyundai.

Also likes the return of all 4 disc brakes. Welcomes the driver arm rests. Is sun roof available as an optional extra? Just asking because there was limited run of the asta crdi with optional sunroof and 6 airbags that i really liked.
Old 30th March 2012, 11:36   #97
BANNED

What I fail to understad is that the AT (Sportz) is 7.67L while the Sportz is 5.75L. The differential between the AT and the corresponding MT used to be under 1L. Agreed it is a 1.4L against the 1.2L but still the diference appears to be too high. Also, what are the differences between the Sportz & Asta. As usual the Hyundai site is junk, it will not even scroll the specs (that too in IE only).

One other point, what is the AT the old 3+1 or something better?
Old 30th March 2012, 11:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, what are the differences between the Sportz & Asta.
Main differences that Asta has over Sportz are-

ABS with EBD
Dual Airbags (Sportz has only driver side)
Rear wiper
Front fog lamps
Sun roof (only in Asta Optional)
Side/ Curtain Airbags (only in Asta Optional)
Audio Visual navigation System (optional)
Old 30th March 2012, 11:58   #99
Senior - BHPian

ABS is standard in all sportz/ asta/ asta with sunroof models. sportz AT, asta CRDI and sportz CRDI only get rear disc brakes. AVN system is withdrawn. More than the diesel, I am interested to see how the petrol with (first in segment?) VVT in both the intake and exhaust side drives and responds to the throttle plus AC and steering response. Rather than buying a car loaded with too many features, I would still prefer buying a car with less features but with better engineering finesse, so jazz X still remains my choice for the best VVT equipped petrol supermini.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:16   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
ABS is standard in all sportz/ asta/ asta with sunroof models. sportz AT, asta CRDI and sportz CRDI only get rear disc brakes. AVN system is withdrawn
Sid, I would disagree on few of the points here. ABS is not standard on Sportz models. And AVN is available as an option. Please find the link below to the brochure with all the features list (couldn't attach it here as its over 18MB)

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/wcm/gro...ent/287246.pdf
Old 30th March 2012, 13:22   #101
BANNED

Every time when Hyundai comes up with any upgrades in i20 they claim they have solved the steering / suspension issues. But the truth is, it is still present in all i20's produced so far.

They have only acknowledged the effected vehicles count through the TSB (i10 & i20) as 766666 (Seven Lakh Sixty Six Thousand and Sixty Six only) but till today there is no official recall announced.

Last edited by wildon : 30th March 2012 at 13:23.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:24   #102
Senior - BHPian

@flyingkolors, I guess sid is talking about the F/L specs and not the old one.

True, with this major facelift, hoping that the steering issues are sorted. Why don't they just go hydraulic power steering?

Last edited by govigov : 30th March 2012 at 13:26.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

Wow the fluidic design now extends to the i20 and I would say it does look good atleast in the pics, so much feature is packed with so many models does get confusing
Old 30th March 2012, 13:35   #104
BHPian

had booked the i20 on march 15th & got a call today from advaith hyundai,its on display,will see it this weekend.i have always been a hyundai fan
Old 30th March 2012, 14:29   #105
BANNED

Even the Dzire AT has ABS. So Hyundai are playing games. Reduces my enthusiasm. Also, do I mean no response to mean that it is the pathetic 3+1 box or there is no information.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks