Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 12:21   #151
BANNED

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

People do we have any updates on the AC and steering issues ??
Have those been rectified on the new model ??

I am looking to buy a diesel hatchback and i20 is one of the contenders.
Hence a strong AC is a must for me considering the scorching summer which lies ahead up here in the north.

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 4th April 2012 at 12:23.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:55   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Do post pictures of the bronze color if you've already seen it on the car. My wife has booked the white, and the window to change the color, although very small, is still open. Fought my way through on this with the dealership since bronze is a debuting color. So I'd be grateful if you can help me pull the curtain on this mate.
I got a chance to take a snap of the bronze color during my recent visit to blue Hyundai. The color looks pleasantly great under showroom lights and the new front design do look better in flesh than on photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs-20120329_181337.jpg  

Raonick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 13:05   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Here goes Deepan.

Cheers.
This is not indian spec car. i'll upload the snaps i have taken today in the yard when i went to visit my brother's car (deepanonline), A Bronze i20 Crdi Asta.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 13:21   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
This is not indian spec car. i'll upload the snaps i have taken today in the yard when i went to visit my brother's car (deepanonline), A Bronze i20 Crdi Asta.
Oops, sorry - my bad.

Raonick has posted a snap, IMO it looks very nice!
Old 4th April 2012, 13:25   #155
Senior - BHPian

Magna (O) is a good VFM over Magna, for 30 k more you get:

1. Rear defogger
2. Electrically adjustable/heated/auto folding OVRMs (as against manual of Magna)
3. Turn indicators on mirrors
4. 2 DIN Music system + MID
5. Auto AC with clean air filter (as against manual AC of magna)

IMO isnt it strange for all these features the price difference is just 30k ? Am i missing something?

Last edited by DCEite : 4th April 2012 at 13:31.
Old 4th April 2012, 13:38   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

1. Rear defogger
2. Electrically adjustable/heated/auto folding OVRMs (as against manual of Magna)

IMO isnt it strange for all these features the price difference is just 30k ? Am i missing something?
The actual cost of these options will be much lesser for Hyundai than when purchased and installed retail. That is because of reduced labor costs, wholesale/factory pricing and lack of retail margins etc.
Old 4th April 2012, 13:50   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonick

I got a chance to take a snap of the bronze color during my recent visit to blue Hyundai. The color looks pleasantly great under showroom lights and the new front design do look better in flesh than on photos.
Excellent work Raonick. Thanks a ton mate. The color does look suitably impressive what with those focus lights raining on the car. But is it vastly different from the earlier gold (or whatever Hyundai called it) under natural light? Now I am really in a bit of a dilemma - you know the head v/s heart kinda battle!
Old 4th April 2012, 14:17   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post

I am looking to buy a diesel hatchback and i20 is one of the contenders.
Hence a strong AC is a must for me considering the scorching summer which lies ahead up here in the north.
I suspect AC should have improved and made similar to i10 given that the engine has been upgraded. Although I have not visited the showroom and got to question the Hyundai sales guys.

As for the steering rattle issue, this is something only time will tell. As per comments for other in the thread, Hyundai sales guys are saying this time is has been rectified. But this is the standard response whenever a newer version of i20 is launched. To me it sounds as if hasn't been touched much i.e. no design changes have been made by Hyundai.

As I said, only time will tell. So unless you can wait for a couple of months, go for other options.
Old 4th April 2012, 14:44   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonick View Post
Oh finally..thanks Raonick.this looks great comparing to other colors and even my wife is convinced with BRONZE. So confirmed the same to dealer and i am just waiting for spcecial number G.O. Once it is done, will register the car by next week and take delivery as well. Thanks Karthik(my bro) as well for taking additional time to go check the vehicle in yard.
Old 4th April 2012, 16:58   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Rear defogger

Actually at the price of Magna (O) the earlier i20 had Sportz model.
Sportz model also had Driver side Airbag, Music system, Auto AC, Music System, Electric Mirrors. The only thing missing was Turn indicators on OVRM's.

Pre-Facelift Magna also had ACC and Music System. Don't know if current one has the Music system or not.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 17:02   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Nobody can answer that right now. Once few i-Gen i20s are sold, users will be able to tell that.

According to Hyundai, there was never a problem with AC or steering. So why will they say that it has been sorted out.
Old 4th April 2012, 18:13   #162
Senior - BHPian

GTO and team,

Any plans on an official Test drive of the new i20 ?
This would clear a lot of air about the AC and steering rattle issue. Also since the engine is now VTVT, official review would throw more light on its performance.

Gentle request
Old 4th April 2012, 20:10   #163
BHPian

Seen the New i-Gen i20 Sportz ABS in white on-road today.

Overall the car looked nice, but a Bit tiny-ish in presence as against previous faced-i20's.
But its Attention to detail & fit-and-finish really stands out, as against the New Swifts & Dzires' standing nearby.

Personally I liked this car but I'll try to keep my words reserved till I'll get the confirmation about the gripes which previous i20 is having(i.e Weak AC & Steering rattle).
Even one of my friend revealed the same problems in his 8-months old/14k kms driven i20 Asta, before I say something about it.
Old 4th April 2012, 20:18   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GTO and team,

Any plans on an official Test drive of the new i20 ?
This would clear a lot of air about the AC and steering rattle issue. Also since the engine is now VTVT, official review would throw more light on its performance.

Gentle request
Steering rattle issues in most cases crop up after the car is run for a few hundred kms.

If the rattle issues were solved and if steering rattle was never an issue on the i20, then why Hyundai is still unable to give written guarantee that the issue has been solved. In my i20, they have proposed to change the steering rack again( this will be the third time) and they claim that the steering rattle issue will be solved this time( as this is the rack that is being used on the new face lifted i20s). But they are not given any guarantees. So, has it been solved? You decide.
Old 4th April 2012, 21:00   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Hyundai strategy seems to be to pack the most "in-demand" features in a car! Sure to attract a lot of customers!

But, in the looks department, I prefer the original i20, to me this looks a little bland (no offense meant to any fans).
I agree with you Vasanth. The original i20 with the triangular shaped headlamps looked much better. It stood out and looked expensive. I do not like Hyundai's fluidic treatment been given to all the cars in its stable. Good enough for the ones purchasing its low end cars but no justice to the ones higher than Verna. They all look the same now and it has lost its novelty factor. Looks just like any other hatch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks