Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 14:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower

The TATA Indica engine is supposed to be a smaller version of the 483DL that debued in the TATAMOBILE 206 in 1990. ..........
The Tatamobile (along with its engine, the TATA 483) was introduced in July 1988.
Old 8th May 2006, 20:26   #62
BHPian

Pictures In London

Hi Guyz,

I promised a few photos of the reva from London and here they are.... Sorry for posting them late but I had my exams.

These Pictures are all in London

Thanks

Redcandle

Old 8th May 2006, 20:35   #63
BHPian

Abundance of Reva in London

Hi Friends,

As you might have seen in the pictures above, the Reva is sold under the name "G-Wiz" here in UK, I have to say its selling like hot cakes. Hard to Believe???? But its true. You see so many in London.

I was speaking to my relative ,who is a solicitor (lawyer) in a posh city law firm, and she told me that all the managers in the firm are buying the Reva (G-Wiz) as their mode of transportation to work. They have four of them in their office alone. And apparently, it is supposed to be "cool" and "with the time" in the offices of London.

And I completely believe that its true. It is a know fact that all production environment friendly cars are ugly looking (with exceptions) and people have started accepting it. And for all people who want to get on the eco car bandwagon, Reva is possibly the cheapest choice available.

It is hard to believe but a fact that Reva is selling more cars outside its home town.

Redcandle
Old 8th May 2006, 20:36   #64
BHPian

Reva UK Website

redcandle
Old 8th May 2006, 21:30   #65
Team-BHP Support

Plenty of Tata 207 dual cabs in Malaysia. Never saw any Scorpios.

Reva is popular in London due to exemption from the 6 pound congestion charge
Old 8th May 2006, 21:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle
. They have four of them in their office alone. And apparently, it is supposed to be "cool" and "with the time" in the offices of London.
Well, they find the London cabs acceptable, then why not the Reva. They seem to be from the same generation, design wise.

On another note, BAJAJ Pulsar will be sold in the USA via Kawasaki dealer network.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

Reva is popular in London due to exemption from the 6 pound congestion charge
The congestion charge is £8 now...... and is likely to increase further!!!
Old 9th May 2006, 09:30   #68
BHPian

, from pictures posted by redcandle, I found that in London (maybe other places as well) that the front license plate is white whereas the rear one is yellow. Any idea why?

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 9th May 2006 at 09:31.
Old 9th May 2006, 18:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
, from pictures posted by redcandle, I found that in London (maybe other places as well) that the front license plate is white whereas the rear one is yellow. Any idea why?
Its a law to have the front number plates with white background and the rear with yellow. Its all to help read the number easily during night and less visibility conditions.

The white background makes it easier (than other colours) for the person trying to read the number of the car, when the headlights are switched on.
The yellow background brings out more from the black numbers when the yellow light from the car behind sinks into the yellow background instead of reflecting back (in case of white). In case of white, when the light from behind falls on the number plate, the white colour shines brightly (like a reflector) and makes it harder for the black number to be visible. The yellow colour also helps the speed cameras to catch the number plate easily.

Thanks

Redcandle

P.S.: Please let me know if I am wrong.
Old 12th May 2006, 02:07   #70
BHPian

Suzuki ALTO

Hey People,

Have seen the alto (indian alto) which has replaced the older alto (indian zen) on many occasions. These are the pics of one of them on the other end of my street.....

Thanks
Redcandle

P.S. - What do you think of the picture quality???? The pictures were taken on my phone... Sony Ericsson K750i.

Last edited by redcandle : 12th May 2006 at 02:10.
Old 12th May 2006, 02:13   #71
BHPian

Alto - Made In India????

I dont know whether the above car is made in India.....

Does any one who ows a Alto ( 2002/2003 model ) let me know any marks or other company's logos on the car's headlights, rear lights, indicators, windshield, wipers etc so that i can go and have a look for them on the above Alto and find out if it is made in India???

Redcandle
Old 12th May 2006, 03:10   #72
BANNED

Kind of a tangent, I am not sure if this counts, but I once saw a Mahindra tractor in Calif. I have also seen a couple Enfield bullets, and Bajaj scooters in San Diego.
For dealer search-
http://www.mahindrausa.com/
http://www.bajajusa.com/
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/
Old 12th May 2006, 14:08   #73
BHPian

The Top Gear magazine described Alto as "cheap-n-cheerful Indian built supermini".
So I believe these Altos are actually made in India

PS: These are similar to India's Alto VX (4 cylinder 1.1L engine - available in manual & auto mode+Airbag)

Last edited by sbasak : 12th May 2006 at 14:14.
Old 12th May 2006, 21:03   #74

The Daily Express Guide To World Cars also mentions the Alto as being made in India. Also i believe Mahindra still sells its Classic In some export models like Australia even now.The Scorpio is sold as the Goa in Euro markets since Ford owns the Scorpio brand name there
Old 12th May 2006, 22:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

We're getting to see more and more Scorpios on Dubai roads these days, some of them driven (and probably owned) by Indians but its becoming a lot more widespread despite one really scary Scorp manouvre I saw on the highway once. Tata apparantly cant sell here after tried to sell their Tata Estate sometime back and got blocked from the market by the Mercedes Benz agent.

I hear the Scorpio has been introduced in South Africa last month. Way to go! Lets see more Indian cars abroad. And India-made too - last year Hyundai apparantly exported 100,000 cars from Chennai. The trickle is becoming a stream now. I hope more manufacturers follow...Renault, whats taking you so long?

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th May 2006 at 22:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks