Team-BHP - BMW X1 Facelift - Leaked!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW X1 Facelift - Leaked! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/118509-bmw-x1-facelift-leaked.html)

BMW gave the X1 a very early facelift, maybe to update it with all the new BMW goodies which the older version was missing out.

Nothing much meets the eye except the new 'white' halo rings, revised bumpers and new color options.

Posted here cos of the X1's relevance in BMW's strategy for India. Please move to Int'l section if found irrelevant here. Thanks.

Source
Quote:

Facelift features include a new front bumper with silver painted accents, same headlights but with slightly new internal design, new side mirrors, redesign side sills also with silver painted accents, new design taillights and new rear bumper.

Inside, there are some tiny differences in the lower center console and dash panel trim pieces but eveything else looks the same.
Other changes include new alloy wheel designs and a fresh palette of exterior colors.

Engine options will likely carryover for Europe and the US-spec model will solely be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that develops 245 PS (180 kW / 242 bhp) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque.
BMW X1 Facelift - Leaked!-507159281670081839.jpg

BMW X1 Facelift - Leaked!-546637647358880071.jpg

BMW X1 Facelift - Leaked!-10859525651224281366.jpg

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

242 bhp and 350 Nm of torque?
Current one is 177bhp and 350nm of torque, I guess there is a typo in the source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brraj (Post 2734313)
242 bhp and 350 Nm of torque?
Current one is 177bhp and 350nm of torque, I guess there is a typo in the source.

Every car including X1 comes with multiples engine options, the figures mentioned in the source article are for US spec 28i Twin Turbo Petrol engine. The power figures mentioned by you are for 20d Diesel currently sold here.

My bad, being a diesel head never it came to my mind that its a petrol X1 :).

The front definitely looks meatier than the current gen.

If only they could do something to the X1 to make it seem more muscular. But that's for the X3 and X5!

This X1 revised bumper looks good, the current one looks like a kind of odd snarl when observed from the side :)

For a regular production vehicle this is the first time after Previous BMW 7 where BMW is launching an early facelift, Lets hope interior quality is taken up as the car uses some very rough plastics in some areas of the dash etc.

I guess in India they will use this model to counter Q3's Launch?

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2734373)
Every car including X1 comes with multiples engine options, the figures mentioned in the source article are for US spec 28i Twin Turbo Petrol engine. The power figures mentioned by you are for 20d Diesel currently sold here.

It is the same engine that does duties in the 2012 base 328i sedan for the US. Supposedly is better performing and is more efficient than the naturally aspirated inline 6 that adorned the earlier 3 series models, so much so that most reviewers have recommended the 328i over the 335i! I guess it will do good on the X1 also, if it ever comes to India.

This looks better than the current one, I also see the electronic shifter inside. But no suspension control, which the new 3 gets. Also that is a cracker of a petrol engine for the US market, but I doubt the people there would like its size.