Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 15:48   #91
BHPian

Re: Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
6 lac is too optimistic a price for this quirky variant. Unless there was some faux cladding masking the rear shape, it doesn't look too good eithers, purely a utilitarian vehicle to me, so price can't match the premium hatches. Even at Rs 5.50 lacs not too many would like to buy a strange looking vehicle when better options are available.
ps: who would buy such a strange and quirky design when a 'proper sedan' is available at Rs 6 lacs in Honda Amaze
Old 11th April 2013, 21:23   #92
BHPian

Lets hope M&M can ensure that they do a thorough job of chopping the boot to sub 4meter. I still Maruti did a pretty shoddy job with the Dzire as the boot space is just around 20% than a standard hatchback. M&M should also position the car and price it appropriately to make a fist of the sub 4 mtr segment. Lets hope M&M can work on revamping the interiors and make it a great car. Its got a gem of an engine the renault 1.5 ltr dci. In fact i travelled in the meru cab which had over 3 Lakh plus on the engine and it never sounded harsh. Apparently the engine has not been touched barring the regular servicing + timing belt change.
Old 15th April 2013, 00:01   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Breaking : Vibe caught undisguised;

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20130415041052_verito_vibe_spy1.jpg

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20130415041048_verito_vibe_spy2.jpg

Source :
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/339...hatchback.aspx

Last edited by karan561 : 15th April 2013 at 00:07.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 00:13   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
So, I was right about the tail-lamps afterall- from the initial spy pics! But wish I was wrong - the design doesn't gel with the car at all - and looks too bulky from the rear!

I hope Mahindra comes up with a killer price tag! Nothing else will do.
Old 15th April 2013, 00:18   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So, I was right about the tail-lamps afterall- from the initial spy pics! But wish I was wrong - the design doesn't gel with the car at all - and looks too bulky from the rear!

I hope Mahindra comes up with a killer price tag! Nothing else will do.
I kinda disagree after looking at the ugly front though

IMHO the rear, rear 3/4 angle is the most attractive design element, kinda vaguely reminds me of the 07 Ford Focus hatchbacks;

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-used_ford_focus_2_5_st_2_5_door_hatchback_silver_2007_petrol_for_sale_in_uk.jpg

regarding the pricing bit

Last edited by karan561 : 15th April 2013 at 00:19.
Old 15th April 2013, 00:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

1)Verito sedan BS3 D2 is 6L, BS4 D2 around 6.3L. So how & why will they price this at the same band?

2)The tail lights can illuminate a hundred metres! God save those riding/driving behind this hatch.

3)The space between seats and hatch door suggests good boot space. A killer pricing means one thing: RIP Tata Indica(taxi).

Last edited by ramzsys : 15th April 2013 at 00:28.
Old 15th April 2013, 05:25   #97
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra has cleverly used those giant-sized taillamps to mask the bulky C pillar which is the result of chopping off the boot from the Verito. Looks like this taillamp cluster too would have a major part just for ornamental purposes like the Scorpio.

While the rear profile looks ok, the car still appears boxy from the front.
Old 15th April 2013, 07:17   #98
Senior - BHPian

For 5.75 lakhs, this improvised machine is not going to sell. With the Honda Amaze at 6L, who in their right mind will buy this? I think ACI has got the crack at the pricing very wrong. Or are they testing the market and fishing for comments?

Isn't 'vibe' a departure from traditional Mahindra names with an 'O'? Or is it because the name still has Verito?

Last edited by deetjohn : 15th April 2013 at 07:19. Reason: typo.
Old 15th April 2013, 08:38   #99
BHPian

It looks like they have retained the Verito's width. This is going to be a seriously disproportionate car with the Verito's width and a sub 4m length. Remember, in width, the Verito is comparable to cars a couple of segments higher.

My big grouse with the Verito is the quality of brakes. Pretty sub-standard, even on the ABS equipped top end. I hope they have fixed it on this one.

The Verito D2-D6 variants are 6.3-7.2L ex-showroom in Bangalore. Going by the ~1.3l difference between the base level Xylo and Quanto, the Verito hatch should start around 5l ex showroom.
Old 15th April 2013, 10:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Knowing Mahindra, I know that they would price is competitively. I somehow have a feeling the the base petrol will come at a price tag of 3.99 ex Delhi and would be pitted directly against the Etios Liva, the Ritz, Sail - UVA and perhaps the upcoming Nissan Datsun products. Mahindra now understands a thing or 2 about car markets as well so they would not try and pit it against the more established players like the Swift/Polo/I20.

I see a good car with some sensible pricing in the making. As I said, This should become Cabbie's favourite in the coming months.

OT: I see a Grey/Black Gurkha there in the first picture.
Old 15th April 2013, 11:03   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I see a good car with some sensible pricing in the making. As I said, This should become Cabbie's favourite in the coming months.
If priced well, this could go on to become the next Indica, coming with much more established mechanicals and reliability.
Old 15th April 2013, 11:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Is this a hatch for sure? If you look closely , no hinge-points are apparent at the top of the rear windscreen.
The typical gap between the top of a hatch and the trailing edge of the roof is not to be seen. The windscreen seems to be quite firmly bonded to the roofline.
Of course, M&M may have done a brilliant job with gap & flush matching (a la Skoda Superb), but I am getting the feeling that this thing will be a "hatch - silhouette" booted car.
The little bootlid will flip upwards to give access to the luggage compartment.
Old 15th April 2013, 12:21   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Is this a hatch for sure? If you look closely , no hinge-points are apparent at the top of the rear windscreen.
The typical gap between the top of a hatch and the trailing edge of the roof is not to be seen. The windscreen seems to be quite firmly bonded to the roofline.
Of course, M&M may have done a brilliant job with gap & flush matching (a la Skoda Superb), but I am getting the feeling that this thing will be a "hatch - silhouette" booted car.
The little bootlid will flip upwards to give access to the luggage compartment.
If so then it will be a major dis-advantage coz the cab market wont like it as it will be difficult /impossible to store luggage or enter bigger cargo into the boot.

Not sure Mahindra would want to risk with that
Old 15th April 2013, 12:32   #104
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Vibe will not have a rear washer/wiper option at all, even though the aerodynamics will cause enough dust to settle on the rear windscreen.
Old 15th April 2013, 12:38   #105
Senior - BHPian

Please Anand Mahindra, Change the front end of the car. This resembles the jalopies of the 70's. Back seems to be very aggressively angled which might hit the head room at the rear?
Its for sure a new concept in design atleast to India who are used to more curves than a sharp one like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks