Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2012, 11:44   #16
BHPian

re: Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3

They should seriously think of doing a hatchback instead of a CS Verito.

A Link to news report on the same : Here
Old 29th July 2012, 22:29   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep agree a Verito Hatch with the right interiors has greater potential compared to the CS Verito.

They could do both just to cover all bases.
Old 30th July 2012, 00:33   #18
BHPian

Most of the CS versions of their respective sedans have eaten into the parent sedan image & sales. See Indigo-Indigo CS-Indigo XL case.

So, adding another variant in Verito range, with a chopped boot will eat up the parent Verito sales.
IMHO, Verito CS is now almost an infeasible design, considering the Normal sized Verito measures ~4300mm & shaving off ~300mm from it, will make disproportionate & totally boot-less.
Instead, a decent looking hatchback can be carved out from such exercise on Verito.
These Verito-twins will provide dual advantage to Mahindra i.e entry to 'dream'-hatchback segment & presence in sedan segment, which they're already having now.

I'm quite positive about these Verito-twins.

O.T: Why not a 1.5l, 64PS K9K diesel engine for Verito hatch & Nissan Sunny/Renault Duster based 1.5l, 85PS for Verito sedan, atleast for its top-end variants.
Old 30th July 2012, 00:42   #19
BHPian

Probably they're trying to capitalize on the normal man's tendency of rating a sedan above a hatch. Most households that can't afford 2 or more cars would prefer a single VFM sedan (CS or not) at the price of a hatch now, won't they.

If priced aggressively enough, this could be a game changer for M&M.
Old 12th October 2012, 23:50   #20
MHG
BHPian

After the launch of the Quanto this car seems to have disappeared from the radar. Any idea what is brewing and when it could launch ?

BTW, the Verito refresh was out and they still decided to provide only 1 driver airbag instead of the standard 2 driver + front passenger setup. With that being the case, I doubt the mini verito could be extremely compromised on safety methinks.
Old 13th October 2012, 09:02   #21
BHPian

Should be around April 2013.

Quote:
Mr. Nayer also told IAB that the Ssangyong Rexton will be launched in under two months and will be positioned above the XUV 500. The Verito sub-four meter sedan, which is another important product for Mahindra, will be ready by April 2013.
Link:http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/m...-by-april-2013
Old 24th October 2012, 21:52   #22
BHPian

First ever Pic of Verito CS.
I must say it looks much better than expected. It will be diesel powered only as Mahindra doesn't have a 1.2 Litre petrol engine which can get excise benefits.

Link:www.autocarindia.com/News/320375,sub-four-metre-verito-by-march-2013.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20121023083120_verito_small.jpg  

sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 22:20   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
I must say it looks much better than expected. It will be diesel powered only as Mahindra doesn't have a 1.2 Litre petrol engine which can get excise benefits.

Though looks nice, it is just a rendering by autocar team, and not the original one. 'Autocar image' is their rendering, and 'autocar scoop' is the original scoop.
Old 25th October 2012, 00:24   #24
BHPian

Weird..

I still doubt that the car shown in the pic above can be feasible, as the previous LOGAN/VERITO was ~4300mm longer & New Verito is even few inches longer. So they need to entirely shave of its boot or even need to shave off the front bumper to make it under 4m length bracket.

But since its already official news that New sub 4-metre Verito is bound to arrive sooner or later, so lets see how Mahindra takes this challenge & accomplishes it.
IMHO, its better to introduce a hatchback than weird sedan just to achieve some 4 metre long car.

O.T: How many of you guys here car are expecting to see the Quanto-based 1.5 Twin-turbo, 3-cyl 100 PS engine in Mahindra sedan/hatchback. IMHO, its not a bad idea though.
Old 25th October 2012, 05:05   #25
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
IMHO, its better to introduce a hatchback than weird sedan just to achieve some 4 metre long car.
I heartily agree. Infact this whole 4m rule gives me the jitters because I have seen several fine hatchbacks in the international market that are longer than that and look damn good. Its just the Indian fascination with a 3-box car that sells these things.

EDIT: Looking at the autocar image, they can pull of a coupe look for this car...

Quote:
O.T: How many of you guys here car are expecting to see the Quanto-based 1.5 Twin-turbo, 3-cyl 100 PS engine in Mahindra sedan/hatchback. IMHO, its not a bad idea though.
I would love to see this engine considering it produces 50% more power than the regular Verito but do you think they'll do that ? If it was put into a sharp handling hatchback version of the Verito with fully loaded features it'd be a true blue hot hatch that nobody else have at the moment (and only Punto Sport would come close in performance).

Last edited by MHG : 25th October 2012 at 05:06.
Old 25th October 2012, 10:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post

Usually, the difference between rendering and actual model would be with the C pillar thickness and even the angle of the rear windscreen. For the CS version, the windscreen angle is much steeper (similar to the hatch versions than the sedan version) to make the boot lid look larger. This 'mod' job is the primary culprit behind the ugly looks. Since M&M doesn't have a hatch, I hope they retain the rear windscreen as is and make it open along with the boot lid just like we had in Octavia and Accent Viva.

And I hope they add foldable rear seats to ensure practical value instead of making the rear seat back angle similar to hatchbacks (but we Indians give more priority to snob value than practicality anyways, so it would still sell without it ). Swift hatch is more practical IMO than the new Dzire for this reason- I could transport a table or a couple of big suitcases in hatch keeping the rear seats folded but can never do that on a DZire.

Slightly OT but I hope the Brio based sedan that the Honda is planning might be much more pleasing once it comes as the engine compartment is smaller in Brio and leaves more margin at the rear for the designers to give a decent design for the C pillar and boot while still being inside of the 4m.
Old 25th October 2012, 14:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have full feeling that this is how the Verito CS would look like. Look at the past issues of ACI for "Autocar Image" of any new model and that's precisely how it looks.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 16:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I have full feeling that this is how the Verito CS would look like. Look at the past issues of ACI for "Autocar Image" of any new model and that's precisely how it looks.
But that's too a Ironic reality;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Weird..
the previous LOGAN/VERITO was ~4300mm longer & New Verito is even few inches longer. So they need to entirely shave of its boot or even need to shave off the front bumper to make it under 4m length bracket.

But since its already official news that New sub 4-metre Verito is bound to arrive sooner or later, so lets see how Mahindra takes this challenge & accomplishes it.
So therefore, it would be really interesting to see, how Mahindra is going to execute this engineering & designing task.

On lighter note, or still Mahindra is going to blacken its last C-pillar to beautify the rear looks !
Old 27th October 2012, 22:28   #29
BHPian

this car looks awfully weird.
like it's confused between being a sedan or a hatchback. Bad designing.
Now waiting for its' honda competitor, the brio sedan.
Old 8th November 2012, 20:07   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted the verito CS
After booking a new honda dio for myself, I and my mother were returning home when a car was constantly honking from my back. It was being driven very rashly and overtook a few vehicles. It finally started coming very close to me. The headlamps were very uncommon to me, a person who can tell the car by the headlamp. First I thought it was a Honda city. When I finally let it pass, I was surprised to see that it was a new car, unregistered, and it was a Verito with temporary plates. It was not having the tail lamps of the current verito and hence I was sure it was something new. I then tried hard to follow it and as it was around my area, my mom was able to snap the car and also took a video. Its not so good as it was taken from phone. From what my mom saw, "Pre-launch test vehicle" was written on the car. Will post the picture and video in a while.

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-upload.jpg

It ain't so bad in looks and is definitely better than the dzire. It really does not look as if its shrunk.

Last edited by audioholic : 8th November 2012 at 20:30. Reason: Added image
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks