Team-BHP - tailstory
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   tailstory (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11885-tailstory.html)

recently it came to my notice that the tail of chevrolet aveo and ford fiesta have striking similaritites and i also saw the thread which showed similarity between the front of aveo and alto . are we short of designs?? what do you say guys????

Hi All, I saw the new cheeky red bright and colourful vibrant Aveo 1.6 and I must say this car looks very good from outside as well as inside. I did not get a chance to test drive it however I came upon this web site where the Aveo was given a thumb down by the Euro NCAP on 3rd March 2006. This review says that - "the Chevy Aveo was singled out for unacceptably high risk of injury to the driver’s chest". I would not risk buying a car which does not provides proper safety, though the higher end model does have ABS and Airbags etc. So why has this review mentioned so?

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/03/...rom-euro-ncap/

My current shortlisted cars are Aveo / Ford Fiesta / Honda City ZX / Maruti Swift (for long run).

Any suggestions as I want to put hard earned money to proper use? I did single out Aveo but this European review on the web site has made me think again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garvit2002
recently it came to my notice that the tail of chevrolet aveo and ford fiesta have striking similaritites and i also saw the thread which showed similarity between the front of aveo and alto . are we short of designs?? what do you say guys????

Most cars these days look like one another. The Fiesta takes after the Mondeo, and both share a tail lamp design with the C-class. In profile they all look alike - the Aveo, the Suzuki Liana, the Toyota Yaris sedan (which is slightly bigger, though), even the Indica and the Petra. Same profile for so many cars.

Its very rarely that one comes across a truly original design these days, and when this happens the car is usually in the super-luxury category where it is important to be different. We've had the Sonata that features the Accord's rear, and the Accord which had a Lexus rear and the Azera which has a 7-series style treatment on the rear and the new Camry that looks like a lot of designs come together. At least the old Camry was original - nobody would want to copy THAT.

Look at the profiles of all super-minis today and they all seem to be copied from each other - only the bonnet/headlamp/grille and the tail-lamp treatment differ. The Swift is different from that group, but then it takes design cues from the Mini. So who's original?

Hey, Tech!
Are you from NCAP?
You seem to be posting similar posts on many threads!..

Safety... is important.. but not the only thing.

Mr. Tech
this is my serious concern to you u are replying messages which have no relevance to the topic of the thread. i mean how do accidents connect to the similarity of the shapes of some cars ??????

@TECH: Please stop devaiting from the topic of discussion of the current thread. Threads for discussion of same already exist, and if they do not, you are welcome to start a new one. Do not dismiss this as a lack of concern for safety.

@garvit: i agree with you. the industry is going the indian music way. " kahin ki ent, kahin ka rora...bhanumati ne kunba jora". and when that happens, the safety issues get neglected. I think swift is one really good product after a long time in india ( or globally??). good job by suzuki.

@steeroid: i like tha old camry design. it' simple. it' not a copy. and it looks sufficiently good in all colors.only had they priced it better?. by the way, your signature informs that you never get bored, atleast in india.

now a bit ot:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech
My current shortlisted cars are Aveo / Ford Fiesta / Honda City ZX / Maruti Swift (for long run).

drop the aveo. IMO, it does not stand in the compitition. weak product, as it looks like. As of now.

OFF TOPIC BUT I THING AFTER TECH 2 THREADS IT BELONGS HERE.
SAFETY SAFETY AND SAFETY !!!!

I mean ppl get a little practicle even M800 is still selling. How safe is M800 ???? Wats its Safety Ranking ? If i was in EURONCAP i wont even include M800 in cars list regarding safety standards.

Everyone is saying AVEO is not a safer car or stuff ? Hw can you all tell by just seeing results and other things ??? Why can't we just understand this that the car has ABS/EBD/DUAL SRS AirBags (Fully loaded one) ? Isn't that what we call safety ?

The fiesta top end doesnt include Air Bags .. So its not safe i guess !!

please: Stop it. The car is safe enought for ppl who live here. Not each and evryday you take your car and bang it hard into something and check the safety. Have some faith ? 80 % of the world lives on faith .

I have a Power windows and i have faith that they will work. I have Autocop installed on my car and i hace faith that it will somehow alert me from getting my car stolen.

So just have faith. Coz if u aint got faith then u aint safe !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech
Even Skoda Octavia bear huge damages in collisions - http://www.vv.se/filer/11632/skoda_o...tor_011126.jpg

Safety is important isn't it? Or does the indian psychology still weighs FE and looks?

Check out more adverse results on the new Aveo on the web here -
http://www.google.com.sg/search?as_q...s=&safe=images

Take a Good look at this review on the new Aveo by EURONCAP. Makes you think doesn't it?
http://www.euroncap.com/images/resul...asheet%203.pdf

Surprisingly Swift (Suzuki) got 4 stars in EuroNCAP with Swift "suffering minimal deformation in the frontal impact and providing good protection for adults throughout."

http://www.euroncap.com/content/safe...?id1=6&id2=213

It appears that Maruti has done a proper homework with a world class product which has been receiving so many awards and even getting a clearance from EURONCAP. It will probably survive many future tests. I did not favour Swift due to its small car reputation but these reviews make you think, don't they? Also I think that Swift has many deficiencies at present like ordinary interiors and squeaking noises however I feel that Maruti has done it on purpose and will soon present its all new Swift with better features to keep the Indian market captivated with its world class product for many years to come and to keep its cash registers filled up year after year. Maruti must have foreseen the competition they will have to face in the coming years due to globalisation in Indian Markets, so I feel that they have some tough plans for improved verions of Swift in the coming years. I think that they are well prepared. This is probably going to be another at least 5-7 years of success like the Maruti 800 and Esteems of the yester years for which they have still been releasing 'All Improved' versions. They do not want to release the best product in one go and end all profits for years though they can do so? Isn't it?

and considering safety how many of us wear seatbelts ....now even rear seatbelts are standard(oem) but how many rear passengers were them ....my guess- none.and y is the vxi model of the swift sellin more than the zxi.do we really care....i mean all of the team bhpians.cos if u hv to spend the extra dough on safety features like abs,airbags...for eg upgrade from vxi to zxi you wud rather say nah!!!!i can rather get cool alloys with good tyres and some performance mods.safety right now is relative....if u have a budget of 6lacs u might sya i can either buy an accent or a swift zxi...and then maybe u wud buy a zxi if ur safety conscious but if u have the budget to buy a swift vxi...no way will u try to get more cash for the zxi....
now comin to the topic have seen the aveo on the road ,it does bear a resemblance to the fiesta but the aveo manages to impose a stromger presence on the road....somehow the shoulder lines,the side profile all make it look like a scaled down version of the optra.