Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 01:08   #31
BHPian

Re: Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the r

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
That is how it is practiced, but it is not correct by the rule. I am surprised, this was not checked at the time of your two-wheeler license test. As per rule, you have to use right hand irrespective of vehicle you are using.

At the time of my two-wheeler license, we were doing these right hand anti-clockwise movement to indicate left turn as Rohan has explained above. There was bit of confusion for some people as this sign is very similar to slowing down indication.
I think there is some serious misunderstanding. You and I are actually on the same page with the right hand signalling. All I am saying is that since a majority of the motor cycle riders do not signal at all, I will be happy even if some signal with their left hand.
w0lf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 17:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the r

I scored 90%! I guess flunking my LL Test once and DL test once helped.

As far as hand signals go, no one will really bother to check if you're turning your hand anti-clockwise or not, in the dark, that will be barely noticeable. All the person behind will interpret it as is a Right Arm sticking out indicating a Right Turn. Law says Right Hand only, but practicality both.
Old 17th April 2012, 19:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

This test is really crap!!! I got 9/10 in my first attempt; either the software has bug or simply marks one wrong answer if first 9 of them are right.

And believe me, these questions are absolutely ridiculous & damn simple.
Old 17th April 2012, 19:52   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
This test is really crap!!! I got 9/10 in my first attempt; either the software has bug or simply marks one wrong answer if first 9 of them are right.

And believe me, these questions are absolutely ridiculous & damn simple.

Dear Sir, with all due respects, this is basically a test for a Learners Licence. What do you expect asking for "Otto Cycle" or "Pascal Law" or "Thermodynamics" ?
Kindly guide.
Regards.

Also coming up, Color blindness test. (based on the response of board users).
Do not forget to LIKE on Facebook LLRtest | Facebook
safety4all is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 17:14   #35
BHPian

Excellent initiative !!
There is no bug in the bits i've tried so far. I got 10/10 in my first attempt and also in quite a few of my numerous attempts after that. It's great fun to test your knowledge and correct any pre-harboured mis-conceptions. I'm sure all of us will find stuff that we're mistaken about.
Reading some of the earlier posts, i've realised that even a lot of Team- BHP-ians are not aware of the correct rules/regulations.
@ Safety4all .. thank you for devising this test.
@ Jalsa77 .. a big thank you for sharing this on Team-BHP.
@ fellow Team BHP-ians .. please take this test (over and over), enhance your knowledge, and educate your friends and family around you.
Lets make our roads more pleasurable to drive on !!
revvhed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 17:31   #36
BHPian

This is a very good initiative. I will need to ask my wife to go through this as well.
Passed thrice! 70/90/90!
Lol, I flunked in the DL test once actually!

Last edited by punto_ : 19th April 2012 at 17:33.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 19:42   #37
BANNED

10/10. Perhaps associated with advertising for Delhi Traffic Police has helped. Anyways most of the signs are those which you seldom come across. Just one basic rule though; triangles are cautionary signs and circles prohibitory.
anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 23:01   #38
BHPian

8/10 there is something sign call give away? no i don't know... do you?
Old 20th April 2012, 00:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Not relevant but still saying here:
Why do elders always hold their kid's left hand and walk on the road ???
So that the kid gets hurt before they do ???

In a road that does not have foot path, the rule (and common sense that is rare) is to walk facing the traffic. And that means, hold the kid's left hand so that the kid is away from the traffic.
Old 20th April 2012, 01:16   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
A good initiative. I also wish they make these things a part of our school curriculum, so that our children learn these things at an early age. That would also help them to admonish or correct their parents when they make mistakes and also help them to be knowledgeable and polite drivers once they start driving.
An excellent idea! With most parents buying their teenaged high school going children a motorised vehicle, including such tests into their curriculum will definitely serve to develop responsible road users. I will take this up at the next Parent teacher Association meeting of the institution where my son studies. I would encourage all team-bhpians with kids to do this. It will be one massive step for encouraging road user discipline.
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 07:56   #41
Team-BHP Support

I'm quite pleased. Got 9 out of 10 right. Couldn't answer one question that requires you to quote the section under MV Act for dangerous parking or something like that. I thought it was reasonably straightforward actually.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:00   #42
BHPian

Ah! Very interesting indeed. I took the test and got 9/10
Old 20th April 2012, 10:43   #43
Ice
BHPian

Absurd. If this is the level of testing required to get a license, then we have a SERIOUS problem.
Old 20th April 2012, 11:57   #44
BHPian

That was nice, I scored 80 %. Got stumped on 2 questions.
Old 20th April 2012, 13:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Great initiative I must say, but as in everything else, many questions are out dated.
I got one as below:
When you are about to stop your vehicle, you should -
Put your hand vertically out.!!!! That was right answer, as opposed to 3 other that goes - put your hand out and wave up and down etc.
This had been applicable, probably 20 years ago.!
Other than that, "something is better than nothing."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks