Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2014, 12:06   #31
BHPian

Some pages back there was an incident reported by a fellow bhpian having same number plates as his car!

Well just saw the same with a state transport bus from twitter #traffline where two buses have the same number plates.

Wonder where is all this heading towards!

Registration Number fraud! Someone else using my number plate-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415514932.036507.jpg
rahulk2510 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 16:23   #32
BHPian

Re: Registration Number fraud! Someone else using my number plate

Hi all,

I am facing a similar problem. I know an influential and reputed person whose family is my family friend. 3 months ago he said that he is having a dispute with his car finance company as they have charged more interest. His is a Chevy Aveo, I have Optra. He said he will use my car number for few days so that the finance guys dont trouble him. He asked for a xerox copy of my RC and I gave him without hesitation as I respect and trust him a lot. But few days back when I went to his town (I live in Hyderabad) he was still using my number plate. We both were driving our own cars and I stopped him and asked about the number plate and he told me not worry and he will take care of everything and drove off hastily. I am a bit concerned and nervous. Why is such an inlfuential, rich and reputed person doing this? And what might the be worst consequences of this? Please help.
Old 13th December 2014, 17:56   #33
Team-BHP Support

Boss trust me, you don't even want to imagine the possibilities & consequences of someone using your car number - it can be that bad. Even worse, it was done with your consent.

Get hold of the RC photocopy and ask the person to remove the plates from his car, no matter what.
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 18:04   #34
BHPian

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for your msg.

I just talked to him on phone. He said his car finance company has charged exorbitant amounts for foreclosure of his car loan. He is not willing to pay such high amount and they threatened to seize the car, so he is using my car number. The dispute is now in court and settlement is expected by this month end. He said he will remove the number plate soon after settlement.

Thats his story. Dont know what to do. I cant check him daily as he lives 270 KM away.
Old 13th December 2014, 18:20   #35
Team-BHP Support

What he is doing is illegal, period. Nothing can justify it.

Ask him to use a cab or whatever. What if he crashes and kills someone - you go to jail !
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 18:39   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
Hi Eddy,

Thanks for your msg.

I just talked to him on phone. He said his car finance company has charged exorbitant amounts for foreclosure of his car loan. He is not willing to pay such high amount and they threatened to seize the car, so he is using my car number. The dispute is now in court and settlement is expected by this month end. He said he will remove the number plate soon after settlement.

Thats his story. Dont know what to do. I cant check him daily as he lives 270 KM away.
Whatever be the story, just don't budge. Family and friends won't be at your help if something wrong happens as it is your number at the radar.

Take his original RC as a proof.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 09:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

I am facing a similar problem. I know an influential and reputed person whose family is my family friend. We both were driving our own cars and I stopped him and asked about the number plate and he told me not worry and he will take care of everything and drove off hastily. I am a bit concerned and nervous. Why is such an inlfuential, rich and reputed person doing this? And what might the be worst consequences of this? Please help.
Wow! Have you seen the news lately? Only the rich, influential & reputed people try to pull off these stunts for petty reasons and mostly get away with it.

Try to speak to him one last time firmly or take a bold friend with you if you feel uncomfortable. If this fails, launch an FIR in your nearby police station and hire yourself a lawyer if need be. If the cops ask you on how he got a hold of your RC book photocopy, deny any knowledge of it. Plus, he owns a totally different car with a different VIN. If possible, try to take a photo of this fraud's car with your registration number on it, while parked in his house or with fraudulent face in it (as evidence of forgery).

Disclaimer: My post is just a knee-jerk response. Lawyers on the forum may pitch in with more informed opinions.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 14th December 2014 at 09:34.
Old 14th December 2014, 09:52   #38
Team-BHP Support

His car is a Chevy Aveo and yours is a Chevy Optra. For most people- they can at max identify that it was a Chevy. I hope the colours don't match as well?

In any case- if at all something goes wrong- he can wash his hands clean and anyways he has the influence to come out of situations. What if he goes and bangs somewhere and police arrive at your doorstep- do you think he would help you out?

A simple no earlier would have been better. Not only did you break the law and put yourself at risk - now you have a harder task at hand!
Old 14th December 2014, 14:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

I am facing a similar problem. I know an influential and reputed person whose family is my family friend. 3 months ago he said that he is having a dispute with his car finance company as they have charged more interest. His is a Chevy Aveo, I have Optra. He said he will use my car number for few days so that the finance guys dont trouble him. He asked for a xerox copy of my RC and I gave him without hesitation as I respect and trust him a lot. But few days back when I went to his town (I live in Hyderabad) he was still using my number plate. We both were driving our own cars and I stopped him and asked about the number plate and he told me not worry and he will take care of everything and drove off hastily. I am a bit concerned and nervous. Why is such an inlfuential, rich and reputed person doing this? And what might the be worst consequences of this? Please help.
BABA, The problem is between his car finance company and his car had no where had you in any picture , why did you jabajasti accept to be a part of this ?

Secondly, when he uses a copy of your RC book or has a copy of your RC book with your number in his number plate, he is driving the car without insurance. A ticking time bomb this.

The worst consequence of this would be you in a legal tangle of world war 2 proportions if he has an accident and people die.

If cops smell a fish and confiscate his car, you will not know how to explain what to anyone and the only option left would be for you to build the best fake story of your life.

If the finance company files a case against him, you are part of the case.

Force him, YES literally force him, arm twist him even to give you back a copy of your RC book and Number plate and get this done with asap.

And next time please think before doing it and not after.

Best of luck and I hope you don't have your car number or any pictures of your car with the number visible on team-bhp, this is a public forum and you never know who is reading what.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 12:31   #40
BHPian

Re: Vehicle registration number racket busted, eight held in Belagavi

Belagavi:: A notorious gang involved in changing registration and engine (chassis) numbers of new four-wheelers and heavy vehicles and reselling them was caught by Belagavi police. They swindled banks by securing loans twice for the same vehicle, after creating fake registration papers.
Read:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...-belagavi.html

Last edited by virgopal : 16th October 2016 at 12:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks