Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 20:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Pointless. Why dont they realise they could spend their money launching more significant brands?

None of VW's cars are compatible for India. And no, dont mention the Touareg, cos the Q7 and Cayenne will roast it for brand crediblity over here.
Old 5th April 2006, 04:54   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey 30lacs is cos its brought in through the cbu route,rightly mentioned by another member.30lacs for a common peoples car.....well we r paying 12l for a corolla or an octavia too..
Old 6th April 2006, 03:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
hey 30lacs is cos its brought in through the cbu route,rightly mentioned by another member.30lacs for a common peoples car.....well we r paying 12l for a corolla or an octavia too..
WHo would pay 30 lacs for a wolkswagon?

No doubt its a good car but it doesnt command the premium to be a 30 lac car.

One of hte reasons why superb didnt fare well on Indian shores.
Old 6th April 2006, 07:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Even after knowing the crediblity of these reporters and their reports, we still got excited and started crucifying VW. Let the car first come in and let the company announce the prices then we can discuss, praise or crucify the company. I am sure VW officials are aware that 30 lakhs would be too much to ask for the Passat. VW have tried to push the Passat upmarket and to a very large extent they have succeeded. I wouldn't compare the car to a A4, 3 or C class. Drive one or ride in one and I am sure you guys will think of A6 and E class levels. The report also says that once assembly starts the Passat will be priced at Accord and Camry terrirtory. So anyone who buys a Passat for 30 lakhs will find the car selling at 17-18 lacs in 6-8 months? Imagine the anger of that customer!

Quote:
Once production starts though, the Passat will be battling the Camrys and Accords and that, dear reader, is when the fun will begin.
As a product though, the car is bloody fantastic! I was never a Passat fan but this new one is a brilliant product. Like I said, it makes you think of A6 and E class when you drive one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks