Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2012, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners

Tata Manza Owner's Meet - by Tata Motors.

I got a call 3 days ago, inviting me for an owner's meet where executives from Tata wish to interact and hear complaints and feedback from Manza owners.

The meet is scheduled today, 21st April 2012 at Wasan Motors Workshop, Deonar.

Anyone else got a call? Anyone else coming?

I shall post the details here after I come back.

Request to Mods: Extremely sorry,but I was just not sure where to post this.
Kindly shift it to the appropriate thread and guide me for the same. Thank you.
Old 21st April 2012, 13:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza Owner's Meet by Tata Motors

Well I also have been invited to a similar meet at R.D. Motors Kolkata.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:46   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata invites feedback from Manza owners

It was a nice meet spanning over 1 & 1/2 hours.

The GM of Wasan Motors was also present.

Tata Motors officials (only one I believe) could not make it as they were stuck in a similar meeting at Hyderabad (?).

I shall be posting a detailed log of the event and its happenings and the strong feedback received from all the participating members soon.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 07:23   #4
BHPian

Good. If TML is doing something like this, then, there should be something around MANZA coming up, may be, in an year's time.
The same thing was done last year for Safari customers and I believe, TML did take it seriously the feedback. It was not just on vehicle alone, but also on the dealership experience, service experience, etc ...
I heard some changes in KHT [Bangalore] after that meeting happened.

So, something smoking on MANZA - may be, MANZA CS or estate version of MANZA ?

Prem.
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:06   #5
BHPian

I don't think Toyota or Maruti have done such exercises exclusively to know how they front end is doing or their product is ? And given the ample information they will have in their customer support databases and complaint letters I'm sure they will be well appraised. Tata doesn't need to ask customers about the dealer experience or after sales experience instead they should send their people with Maruti cars to a maruti MASS or visit a maruti dealer for a car enquiry.

As far as product feedback is concerned I'm sure they already know what they have to do they only want janta to support them with their top management. Any OEM will know what it has to do, it's just about getting congruency!! that's the BIG BIG problem.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 17:19   #6
BHPian

My apologies for the delayed post.

Actually Wasan Motors had promised to send over the presentation (ppt) via email and I was waiting for the same so I could post the entire thing here.

Esssentially there was a Powerpoint presentation with regards to the details of the Manza.
Partly based on the owner manual and partly technical.

They gave details of importance and significance of each light on the dashboard.
What grade of engine oil, brake oil etc. to be used.
When to change, when to rotate the tires.
Textbook driving instructions.

All these details I shall post once I get the ppt.

Feedback provided by all the owners :
There were about 11 owners there. From across all strata (based on observation) since they had a IT guy, a single mother with her kid, 2 businessmen, 2 professionals. So a mixed group.

Salient points of feedback:
  • Unhappy with the 5 items deleted from Manza so far (the topic came up because they were still mentioned in the ppt)
  • Glove box light
  • Glove box lock
  • Passenger seat lumbar support
  • Rear seat 12V charger socket
  • Vanity mirror lights
  • In addition to this : -
  • The keys on the steering be used to navigate the HUD menu as well (software upgrade)
  • Provision for dead pedal
  • Brighter fog lamps
  • Stronger A/C
  • Bluetooth pairing to allow multiple phones at the SAME time (as of now it only remembers them in the memory)
  • Rear seat niggling noise
  • Commonest complaint was small minor niggles which kept occurring in an otherwise fine car
  • 1 gentleman had a clutch plate fault within 1 & 1/2 months of purchase. Wasan Motors was asking for a hefty sum, he escalated the matter to TM and they ofcourse ensured it was attended to 'under warranty'
  • Positive feedback noted by all was the Average (FE), Space, Comfort, Engine was excellent

A couple of new things were introduced.
An AMC provided by Tata Motors themselves. Interesting package.
(again will write about it in detail once I get the ppt)
&
24x7 Helpline service.

Finally the GM of Wasan Motors met everyone personally and gifted everyone with a reasonably huge gift box.
When I opened it (at home) it contained 2 glass bowl (as in fruit bowls) of some obscure brand !

Tea/ Coffee & Refreshments (biscuits etc.) were offered.
It was decently organized.
BUT
the absence of an actual Tata Motors employee made it reasonably futile.

We were all informed about the FREE upgrade of Anti-Roll Bar Bush. (Tata does not want to use the word re-call - lest its share prices tumble again)
The parts have not yet arrived at their workshop.
They shall call up owners and change the bush as and when possible within the next 6 months.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 17:56   #7
BHPian

It looks like TATA has realised the importance of taking feedback from the existing customers & potential customers also , Tiday i received a call from tata motors requestig feedback of my Test drive of Sumo Grande ( Tded it three months back. )
Old 27th April 2012, 19:02   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siedo View Post
It looks like TATA has realised the importance of taking feedback from the existing customers & potential customers also , Tiday i received a call from tata motors requestig feedback of my Test drive of Sumo Grande ( Tded it three months back. )
Sumo Grande ?!

Wow, so they are paying attention to all products across the range, trying to improve the lagging sales too.

What were the questions asked?
What was the response given to complaints, if any ?
Old 27th April 2012, 20:55   #9
BHPian

Finally got the email !

They had sent the email to everyone the next day itself, but they did not have my email id - as my email id was mentioned on the feedback form - which they claim had to be sent directly to Tata Motors (?! - since definitely I had written a lot on the feedback form at length)

They sent a pdf file of the ppt.
Which is too big to attach here.
So I re-converted it to ppt - yet too big.
Thus have taken screenshots of each important slide and attaching as images.

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-1.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-2.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-3.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-4.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-5.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-6.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-7.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-8.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-9.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-10.jpg

Tata invites feedback from Manza owners-presentation-manza-11.jpg
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 23:43   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a nice initiative and irrespective of how the feedback translates into action session to share details about the car one owns can only add to overall good will. Wasan motors and TATA should carry out more such activities - it really does not cost them much to get mindshare of atleast their own existing customers.
Old 28th April 2012, 23:45   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Sumo Grande ?!

Wow, so they are paying attention to all products across the range, trying to improve the lagging sales too.

What were the questions asked?
What was the response given to complaints, if any ?
Dr. Suraj, I am not sure that Tata Motors is serious. Must be some kind of eyewash. Recently I wrote to customercare@tatamotors.com asking why the oil change in Manza Quadrajet is decreased from 20 K to 10 K kms. I got a reply asking my engine number, chasis number etc. After providing all the details no response even after a week
Also, I am thinking of going to consumer court on this issue. Is it ok for manufactures to change such things after selling the car ? Remember Manza uses synthetic oil and the oil cost itself will be close to 3500 for every 10 K Kms. Add to this a conservative paid service cost of 1200 and wheel balancing and alignment...... cost shoots upto around 6000. Not acceptable to me. Please share your views. Are you guys comfortable with this maintenance cost and synthetic oil change at every 10 K ? I bought manza assuming it is economical to run. Even my Safari service does not cost so much every 10 k :(
Old 30th April 2012, 15:46   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Please share your views. Are you guys comfortable with this maintenance cost and synthetic oil change at every 10 K ? I bought manza assuming it is economical to run. Even my Safari service does not cost so much every 10 k :(
power ranger,

Take a look at the long term ownership report of a manza here.

You can switch to Selenia WR 5W40 oil. That will reduce your maintenance cost. For the traffic/road condition in Bangalore it will be good for the engine to change oil at 10K interval?

*Edit*
Sorry, I realized lately you been having a conversation with Amit there on that thread as well. Hope you are able to go for Selenia WR 5W40.

Last edited by sajanjohn : 30th April 2012 at 15:50. Reason: adding missed information.
Old 1st May 2012, 00:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me that is wondering why the education about Manza to existing owners??!!

Nevertheless, much needed "initiative" from TML. Finally they are viewing their customers as non-cab drivers..

With the Manza, they have a solid platform to build on. Hope sanity prevails and we seen some VFM UVs coming out. They should do a la Ertiga with the Manza product line, not just the estate and CS skew's.

Lastly, they need to care about fit and finish - else they will become irrelevant.
Old 1st May 2012, 00:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, a great initiative and blah blah blah. For what ? 2 weeks back (in pondicherry) , a man (about to retire cop of 59 years), was resting in the Manza, got charred to death as his son & D-I-L went up to a bank to pledge some jewels. Why should this happen ? What is wrong ? We have already heard of many Nanos burning up. Can't this be avoided ? Investigate and find out the problem TATAs, PLEASE !!!
Old 1st May 2012, 02:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hope Tata realises that theres an incredible vaccum for an affordable diesel sedan with an auto box. Somehow manufacturers are reluctant to couple a diesel engine with an automatic!!

Most Viewed