Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2006, 21:34   #31
Team-BHP Support

Title has been modified to fit the topic.

Damn! I am switching to reliance, I can use the extra petrol.
Old 15th April 2006, 01:19   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man
Nsbhat r u sure about that coz one of Friend happened to acquire Franchissee of Reliance Petrol Pump in Meghalaya. According to him the fuel acquired from Assam oil.
It is possible Real_Man. Meghalaya is far off. Now Assam Oil is owned by whom? One of those State owned oil firms I am sure. They may have tied up a barter deal. Reliance probably picks up the oil for those areas from Assam Oil and in turn supplies its parent with the equivalent amount of the crude to its parent in some other area where they do not have arrangements of their own but Reliance has its depot.
Old 15th April 2006, 17:38   #33

Just checked

Our pumps have reached upto Assam only
This pump in Meghalaya might be some other venture.....
Old 15th April 2006, 19:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the matter of fact being Reliance Fuel makes the engine knocks as its not pure.
Quote:
The engine Knocks and Reliance Employees have also admitted that there is Jhol in their fuel.
Hey busa could you elobrate on that? Is this from a confirmed source? I used to fill up my S10 regularly with 97 octane fuel from the Reliance pump at kopar kharine. I never had any engine knocking issues but I am worried if there could be any long term damages....
Old 15th April 2006, 20:00   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Hey busa could you elobrate on that? Is this from a confirmed source? I used to fill up my S10 regularly with 97 octane fuel from the Reliance pump at kopar kharine. I never had any engine knocking issues but I am worried if there could be any long term damages....
Amit I do not think you need to worry. That was nsbhat saying that Reliances own employees say such stuff about their own fuel while the paying customers sound so happy. And then as Steeroid pointed out that as a common malady of all the Indians (to denigrate themselves and covet the neighbours...).

The fact is that I have filled from Reliance pumps at the wierdest of places. My experience says that generally Reliance pumps give a far better quality than what you will ever find from the state owned company pumps (may be a COCO is different).
Old 16th April 2006, 11:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

something tells me this reputation of reliance's is going down pretty well with chevron texaco and the recent reliance petro IPO.....
Old 17th April 2006, 22:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
Off Topic : What is the octane rating of petrol available from Reliance pumps ? Is it normal 87 octane ?

I've known that Reliance don't have any premium fuels ?
The octane rating is 89 and its pure petrol without any additives. I'm one more fan of Reliance Petrol!!
Old 17th April 2006, 22:30   #38
BHPian

But i get better FE

I did try Reliance Pump's quiet a lotza times. I got better FE. But.... ?? is that true?
No Clue, may be when i find time, i am goin' with a CAN ! to reliance pump.

Cheers,
Jai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks