Team-BHP - VW India to import Porsches. Shreyans now only a dealer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW India to import Porsches. Shreyans now only a dealer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119965-vw-india-import-porsches-shreyans-now-only-dealer.html)

VW India to import Porsches. Shreyans now only a dealer-sam_0657.jpg

That Porsche owners in India were an unhappy lot is a known fact. The brand built a terrible reputation for after-sales service. Precision Cars, part of the Shreyans Group, was the sole authorised importer for Porsche. Now, Precision cars will only act as a Porsche dealer.

Incidentally, another VW group company, Audi had a bitter experience with Shreyans just 2 years back (Link to thread). From that time on, rumour mills kept insisting that the responsibility of importing Porsches will be taken away from Shreyans soon.

Well, the rumour has come true. Volkswagen Group Sales India has announced that it is now the sole importer of Porsche cars. VW India will handle management & expansion of the dealership network as well. In the initial stages, Porsche wants to have a dealership presence in every Indian metropolitan city, as well as important B-towns. Mr. Anil Reddi will head Porsche India.

Our luxury car market continues to grow, and VW / Porsche is keen to get a direct slice of the pie. Mercedes & BMW are known for their high customer satisfaction levels, and bend over backward to please their customers.

Porsche has so far had 1052 sales in India, 85% of which were from the Cayenne SUV. VW announces that upcoming Porsche models include the 911 Carrera, Macan (compact SUV launching in 2013) and Panamera diesel. Expect Porsche to get beefed up support toward marketing & advertising soon. Assembling Porsches in India, to avail of lower custom duties, is a realistic possibility. Remember, Porsche has relatively higher volume aspirations than Ferrari or Lamborghini.

How does this work for BMW, Mercedes and the other companies that import cars? Is it imported by the dealer or the manufacturer?

About time that the Porsche brand gets an uplift in India. I absolutely love this brand since it does live up to being an everyday car that can go oh-so-fast. A perception that gets set in my mind more and more as i travel to countries where Porsche is an established brand.

Not sure how many Indian buyers will buy into its practicality aspect and use it as their primary car. Esp given the top dollar they might pay for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 2764335)
How does this work for BMW, Mercedes and the other companies that import cars? Is it imported by the dealer or the manufacturer?

With Mercedes, BMW, Audi and now even Lamborghini, it is the Parent company that is in charge of import of cars which the dealer buys to sell. In my knowledge, Precision was working on a contract which had to end sometime. With time we will have more and more manufacturers getting into importing their cars on their own, and many who have already been importing, will try and start assembling in India to save on the ever increasing import duties and will try to increase volumes drastically.

I assume Shreyans continue to be A.S.S. for Porche.

If problems for Porche owners are w.r.t after-sales, how does who imports the car change anything?

Last page, todays Economic Times. Porsche has gone press about the change that is going to be in place from now. So much is about to change for Porsche in India, its not even funny.

Doctorque- could you shed some light on these changes expected? I assume the delivery/wait time will now reduce but When is the next dealership in Mumbai likely to be appointed as well as the service center?
I don't see the CKD Cayanne coming in anytime soon, the Q7 will be VW's first choice to produce locally over the Cayanne. But then again the current gen q7 is on its way out so chances of q7 assembly this year are slim too

P.S: Porsche please plonk that 4.2TDi v8 in the Cayanne!! A Cayanne D_S is long due!

Any chance of the Cayenne Transsyberia making it to Indian shores? I know they built just 20 odd (as per Top Gear), but that is one hell of an awesome rugged beast on steroids!
The niche car/SUV market is a highly profitable one and looks like Porsche wants a piece of this cake in India. But in the import SUV market, it looks like the Q7 has built up quite a reputation and it will be a tough task to dethrone the current King of the hill!

Regards,
Rohan

Some more bad publicity!

Vipul Shah sends notice to car firm over repair delay - Mumbai Mirror

Ashish Chordia has filed a case against Porsche.Porsche sales and more importantly after sales are currently in a limbo.

Quote:

Porsche India, the official importer for Porsche cars in the country, has announced that it has managed to top the best-ever monthly sales performance for Porsche in India since the start of deliveries on October 1, 2012, with 117 owners receiving their cars.
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/323...-in-india.aspx

Most of the sales i believe would be generated by the Cayenne which is the most practical of the lot for Indian conditions. Waiting for the Mumbai showroom to open.

Looks like the changes are already starting to show results. Just hope the trend continues for Porsche. They have sold 117 of them in October alone.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17305625.cms

Shreyans Motors has nothing to do with Porsche any more..They have been replaced in Mumbai by the Aadya Group. The new showroom is being built as well as their service center in Mumbai. As for existing or prospective customers goes..they can still purchase cars through Aadya Group and the service of the cars is currently done at the Audi workshop at Kalina.