Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2014, 15:44   #1036
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

@prakash_ajp & @rsidd
Thanks for the suggestion guys. Agreed there's no point in being adventurous for something that isn't broken . I'll stick to my existing service center for now.
Old 18th July 2014, 17:18   #1037
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
They stock running spares from the dealership at Guwahati. Now that the dealership is closed, I wonder where they will get the spares from.
Green Valley Fiat, aka Abhishek Motors, sometimes used to source parts from Sanjay Automobiles located at Chatribari Road. That happened more than once in case of my Palio Multijet.

When all else fails, Sanjay Automobiles is the place to go. Enter Chatribari Road from near Himatsingka Petrol Pump at AT Road. The place is not very far from Paltanbazar end of the Panbazar overbridge.

Uno, Palio, Punto, Linea owners in North-East ... we're in the same boat brothers!
Old 29th August 2014, 23:49   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Uno, Palio, Punto, Linea owners in North-East ... we're in the same boat brothers!
Its not funny anymore from FIAT. Look at that vast unserviced area in Andhra - Orissa - MP belt.

No service centres in Visakhapatnam or Vijayawada - two of the largest cities of Andhra!! I have to drive down to Bhubaneshwar or to Hyderabad- 600 km just for routine servicing!!

When they parted ways with Tata, I thought it was an apt example of "good riddance to bad rubbish" - esp with my experience with M/s SRMT at Vizag for my first free service of my 2012 Linea and an associated insurance claim.

In fact last year I timed a drive (for my vacation) to Pune such that the second free service can be at the new Fiat Service centre and I loved every bit of the experience.

But that was by "choice".

This situation is panicky - to not have a service centre in your city at all!!

I am moving to Mumbai in a couple of months, so hopefully will not have any issue with the third free service at 30000 km.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Fiat service centres.docx (760.8 KB, 388 views)
Charioteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 04:24   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charioteer View Post
Its not funny anymore from FIAT. Look at that vast unserviced area in Andhra - Orissa - MP belt.

No service centres in Visakhapatnam or Vijayawada - two of the largest cities of Andhra!! I have to drive down to Bhubaneshwar or to Hyderabad- 600 km just for routine servicing!!

When they parted ways with Tata, I thought it was an apt example of "good riddance to bad rubbish" - esp with my experience with M/s SRMT at Vizag for my first free service of my 2012 Linea and an associated insurance claim.

In fact last year I timed a drive (for my vacation) to Pune such that the second free service can be at the new Fiat Service centre and I loved every bit of the experience.

But that was by "choice".

This situation is panicky - to not have a service centre in your city at all!!

I am moving to Mumbai in a couple of months, so hopefully will not have any issue with the third free service at 30000 km.
Now, this is something worrisome for a different reason. What about the roadside assistance? So, if I were to plan a drive to Chitrakoot or in the central-southern parts of the country, what use is the roadside assistance in case of any mishappenings? They have tie-ups locally to help us but I am worried about original parts if required!
Old 28th September 2014, 20:45   #1040
BHPian

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

No dealership or service centers in Assam as well. A new dealership (Mahesh Fiat, Guwahati) is apparently coming up, but not sure when. There are so many unresolved issues with my Punto, along with a jammed bonnet that it's making me really impatient. A big thumbs down to Fiat India though; their new motto seems to be "sell it and forget about it".

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Last edited by riturajsharma19 : 28th September 2014 at 20:56.
Old 29th September 2014, 07:29   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
No dealership or service centers in Assam as well. A new dealership (Mahesh Fiat, Guwahati) is apparently coming up, but not sure when. There are so many unresolved issues with my Punto, along with a jammed bonnet that it's making me really impatient. A big thumbs down to Fiat India though; their new motto seems to be "sell it and forget about it".

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
No service center in my vicinity, Siliguri, the chicken neck of India. Closest one is in Kolkata now. Too far. Terrible roads. Disappointing show by Fiat, although they had promised to open a service center here earlier this year.
johy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:04   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
Now, this is something worrisome for a different reason. What about the roadside assistance? So, if I were to plan a drive to Chitrakoot or in the central-southern parts of the country, what use is the roadside assistance in case of any mishappenings? They have tie-ups locally to help us but I am worried about original parts if required!
OT:- Chitrakoot, Jagdalpor don't even have any service point of Ford, Toyota, Chevy, Honda and so on. You has to travel 100+ KM if you are stuck somewhere in that region. Very bad from all the company who proudly say go anywhere

I think FIAT should at least think of Mobile service for some of the place where they are not able to find any Dealers.
arin_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:21   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
No service center in my vicinity, Siliguri, the chicken neck of India. Closest one is in Kolkata now. Too far. Terrible roads. Disappointing show by Fiat, although they had promised to open a service center here earlier this year.
Do they have a service centre even in Kolkata? As per the last update seen here on our forum itself, the Kolkata dealership had also shut shop. Or have they opened a new one now?
Old 29th September 2014, 13:37   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Do they have a service centre even in Kolkata? As per the last update seen here on our forum itself, the Kolkata dealership had also shut shop. Or have they opened a new one now?
edit:

It is not Garodia,

but Bose Automobile Kolkata.

Phone: 9831726042 (Sujit Das)

Source: Fiat toll-free

Last edited by johy : 29th September 2014 at 13:43.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:48   #1045
BHPian

I got update from service Fiat-Chrysler Group that they have appointed a new dealer/service provider in Kolkata - Austin Distributors.

I have been urging Fiat to hold outreach camps at places like where I live.
Old 16th June 2015, 18:29   #1046
BHPian

Tuli Motors, Wazirpur is closing their Fiat dealership and going back to its Tata Motors dealership. The last day is June 30th and they have already stopped taking cars which require major work.

Now except Kashyap, no other good dealer in Delhi.

Last edited by humans : 16th June 2015 at 18:30.
humans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:45   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Tuli Motors, Wazirpur is closing their Fiat dealership and going back to its Tata Motors dealership. The last day is June 30th and they have already stopped taking cars which require major work.

Now except Kashyap, no other good dealer in Delhi.
This is a major concern for me. I'm sure the company has long term plans in India and engine sales/royalties will keep them profitable. But what about the dealers? Will the good dealers stick with them? This is what worries me.
When Tata Motors fortunes went down some important dealers of theirs quit.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:18   #1048
BHPian

Kashyap Fiat- Delhi n Noida

Shutting Down by 28/02/18
PB10rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 21:20   #1049

Hello Fiat owners in NCR. Where do you suggest to go for the scheduled service now?
Old 1st May 2018, 00:39   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Hello Fiat owners in NCR. Where do you suggest to go for the scheduled service now?
I have heard about Landmark Fiat in Motinagar. And for a change, been hearing good things about the place. Maybe try there?
RoadGlide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks