Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 22:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!

Happened to drive my friends Logan Diesel and I was delighted to see the power it it had and also the sound. I Found that the sound of diesel was really less .

Am sure this could be a option that would work for Mahindra. Its aldready selling around 1500 per month and with this change it could as well go up in the numbers.
Old 11th May 2012, 16:27   #32
BHPian

Saw this car on GST road, near Airport (on 7th May, ~4:30PM). I was being driven at a great speed. When I first saw this wierd car, I thought it should be some petrol head who got bored with the verito's design. I have never seen a car camouflaged like this, otherwise would have taken some snaps, was travelling alongside for a long time.

Don't know what they were testing, it was driven at high speeds till the airport, and then slowed down a lot and was just rolling at slow speeds in the GST road till Kathipara flyover and then turned left towards Porur.
Old 12th May 2012, 09:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
Saw this car on GST road, near Airport (on 7th May, ~4:30PM). I was being driven at a great speed. When I first saw this wierd car, I thought it should be some petrol head who got bored with the verito's design. I have never seen a car camouflaged like this, otherwise would have taken some snaps, was travelling alongside for a long time.

Don't know what they were testing, it was driven at high speeds till the airport, and then slowed down a lot and was just rolling at slow speeds in the GST road till Kathipara flyover and then turned left towards Porur.
Hi guys,

Saw the interiors of this car also. There is no change from the existing verito.

@optimus, the car is going to sriperumpudhur for testing and its there i learnt that the car will be sub 4 meters. They have just chopped off the boot a little to bring it under 4 m.

No major change in engine

Barath
Old 12th May 2012, 14:45   #34
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Happened to visit Indianautosblog.com. Pictures are posted there and acknowledged Team BHP.

Link here: Mahindra Verito facelift - What's changing?

@bharatvajan - I could not notice anything on the car that showed that it was a CS version. IMHO, it is merely a facelift of the existing Verito.
Old 14th May 2012, 13:36   #35
BHPian

What Mahindra needs now is a complete redesign and not just a cosmetic facelift. The verito/Logan has been popular with the taxi wallas and if Mahindra wants the Verito to be part of that segment only, then so be it.

If they actually want to catch the fancy of the average sedan buyer, the complete look of the car, engine NVH levels and dash board redesign is a must. A more powerful engine would also be welcome.

I guess buyers in this segment would not mind spending 50000 extra for a better and good looking car.
Old 14th May 2012, 18:24   #36
BHPian

I was also amazed at how good a MERU - Mahindra is, but to be blunt - the airport MERU cabs keep running on highways alone.
They are all expert drivers with <10% stop and go traffic. I wouldnt go to the extent of saying that Mahindra Verito would perform better than a Honda/Toyota/Hyundai. And have serious doubts about numbers for this car because desirability is really important
Old 14th May 2012, 19:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Hi guys,

Saw the interiors of this car also. There is no change from the existing verito.

@optimus, the car is going to sriperumpudhur for testing and its there i learnt that the car will be sub 4 meters. They have just chopped off the boot a little to bring it under 4 m.

No major change in engine

Barath
Barath, the car I saw was not the CS version, the length was similar to the existing version.

The Logan/Verito was always a boring design, what Mahindra needs to do is a complete re-design of the Verito (aka Hyundai Verna) and not a mere facelift.
Old 14th May 2012, 21:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if its too late but definetly too little.

The car still has good ride, space, engine and proportions and it known to be reliable.

Can't the company that did the XUV500 give it a full makeover and come up with something that's pleasing to the eye?
Old 16th May 2012, 10:44   #39
BHPian

I too have seen this yesterday evening at around 7.10pm. near Vandalur on the GST road.
Was behind it. Couldn't take a pic as my mobile camera is Blocked by my company with a sticker. Didn't take any furhter risk to remove the small patch and take a snap as I was driving in a dense traffic.
The prominent features I noticed were,

1. The Wheels have a comparatively wider stance. They seemed R15 though.
2. The alloys were having 5 spokes. Was able to see when it stopped behind a truck.
3. The guy in the second row doesn't seem to be a company's employee as he was were rustic in apperance and enjoying the drive
4. The whole body was camoflagued in Black and white stickering.
5. The profile of the boot was different too. Definately not a C.S version.

M&M, When can we expect some sedan which can impact like an XUV500?
Old 16th May 2012, 11:58   #40
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post

1. The Wheels have a comparatively wider stance. They seemed R15 though.
2. The alloys were having 5 spokes. Was able to see when it stopped behind a truck.
This means M&M are testing different versions of the face lift. The one I saw did not have the alloys, but wheel covers. Let us wait and see how the face lift works out for Verito.
Old 29th May 2012, 16:13   #41
BHPian

Verito hatchback
Came across this report from Telegraph India

Mahindra & Mahindra is planning to drive in the hatchback version of the Verito in September.

The $14.4-billion company is looking to sell 3,000 units per month of the Verito hatch. It is also slated to launch the mini-Xylo this fiscal, said Arun Malhotra, senior vice-president, sales and customer care.

“We had launched the Verito in 2007 in collaboration with Renault, which had a 41 per cent stake in the joint venture. In 2009, Mahindra bought over Renault’s stake fully. At that time, the vehicle was selling only 350 units a month. We turned that around to sell 5,300 vehicles a month in 2009-10 and by 2010-11, sales climbed to 10,100 units, marking a growth of 86 per cent. In 2011-12, we sold 17,980 Veritos,” Malhotra said.

“We have plans for Verito. We will launch a hatchback version of the car four months from now,” he said.

Mahindra sold 4,40,000 units (passenger and commercial vehicles) in 2011-12, posting an overall growth of 27 per cent. In April 2012, its domestic sales totalled 39,299, a growth of 29 per cent over 30,349 units sold in April 2011.

Malhotra said the company’s Nasik plant would continue to manufacture all variants of the Verito, including the upcoming hatchback.

I am not aware of any Verito hatchbacks spotted on Indian roads! Do you think this story is believable?
Old 21st June 2012, 15:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive India has reported fresh sightings of cameo-ed Verito undergoing read tests. Here is the report:
Old 21st June 2012, 15:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive India has reported fresh sightings of cameo-ed Verito undergoing read tests. Here is the report:

SPIED! Is this the Mahindra Verito facelift?

These appear to be more clearer & better due to light & angle (or rather absence of sun-light).
Old 21st June 2012, 16:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Its looking a lot better now. Also, the website is not OD but BSM.
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:41   #45
BHPian

saw this @ mahindra service feedback. Think this is the face lifted version.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-new-verito.png  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks