Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 18:18   #1
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!

Guys,

While returning from Guduvanchery on NH45, i spotted this heavily camouflaged new Mahindra Verito. At first i thought it was the CS version of the Verito, but this was not the CS as it had the full length.

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-1-verito-new-3-quartersoptimized.jpg

The changes i could see...

Exterior

Front

Old vs New
Name:  Verito  Front.png
Views: 22872
Size:  60.7 KBPics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-2-verito-new-frontoptimized.jpg

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-3-verito-new-frontsideoptimized.jpg

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-4-verito-new-front-rightsideoptimized.jpg

New Headlights with indicator on the top of the headlight
New Bumper with horizontal blades instead of the mesh at the bottom
New front grill with mesh at the back
New Fog lamps

Back

Old vs New

Name:  Verito  Back.png
Views: 22419
Size:  54.6 KBPics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-5-verito-new-back1optimized.jpg

New Tail Lamps (still looked el-cheapo stuff)
New Bumper with covered tow hook
New reflectors at the bottom of the rear bumper
Number plate in now on the boot door and not in the bumper
Lip Spoiler missing

Sides

Old vs New (This also shows that the spied car is not a CS Version)

Name:  Verito  Side.png
Views: 22391
Size:  75.4 KBPics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-6-verito-new-sideoptimized.jpg

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-7-verito-new-side-1optimized.jpg

Not much change here
The ORVMs seemed to be slightly bigger
The ORVMs seem to have a plastic housing now, which looks more upmarket than the plain jack metal of the door frame
Same old style pull type door handles
New wheel caps

Interiors
From what i could see from outside, the interiors looked similar to the existing model including the air vents in front, the small orange LED display. I hope Mahindra has changed the location of the power windows on the doors instead of the dash board

MODS: Could not find a topic on facelifted Verito (but could find only the CS Version). If required, please merge with existing thread.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2012 at 21:28. Reason: Watermarked pics. Thanks!!
MAS is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 18:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!

Nice scoop. Thanks for sharing.
Also it looks like Mahindra has redesigned the wipers which were earlier suited for LHD cars.
Looks like Verito is getting a new front grill as well.

Last edited by speedmiester : 4th May 2012 at 18:28.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 18:28   #3
BHPian

Whatever lifts they have done is miniscule to the looks. Probably they have made some changes to mechanicals and structurals as well and that is why they have gone into the whole charade of camouflaging and all with test mules.
The new head lamps look slightly bigger and that is a good thing happening to the front of the Verito.
I like the new rear look also as compared to the existing model.
Old 4th May 2012, 18:31   #4
BHPian

Very nice Scoop. I believe the back of the car is good now. They have moved the Licence plate from Bumper - good move. Over all i think the car will look good from earlier version. Some one please water mark it
Old 4th May 2012, 18:54   #5
BHPian

If this test mule was without a camouflage it would have tough for any one to gauge that this is a new model. M&M is just trying to revive a dead car where as in essence they need an all new sedan to ensure higher profitability.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 19:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

This (post) is much better than the one ACI have reported. Overall the looks seems to be improved in this facelift.
It seems that the changes are more than skin deep (more powerful engine), lest why would they be road testing the same, & could have launched it like they did it last time when they renamed it to Verito from Logan.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 4th May 2012 at 19:16.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:21   #7
BHPian

Although the rear looks fine, it seems the front gets the famous Mahindra Walrus treatment! That single piece of equipment can destroy the entire look. IMHO, something like a faux mesh (like Palio Stile) would look really neat.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 19:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

A facelift, so soon?! There was one just so recently.

How long is Verito supposed to carry Renault's engine? If that contract is nearing an end, is M&M up to developing their own small engine or something?

Unless there is something radically diff. under the hood, this facelift is meaningless. Given the exteriors, this car ain't pulling crowds. It's run in the taxi segment is under threat with all the competition now too!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th May 2012 at 19:33.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:39   #9
BHPian

Great scoop! And a job well done on the detailed pictures you have captured. Looking at the pictures closely, it seems the famous Mahindra Grille will grace the front of the Verito as well. And could very well look like the picture below.

(http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...-this-week/331)
Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-verito.jpg

Apart from a few cosmetic changes I do not see any reason why this refreshed model should sell more than the current one. With the entry level sedan segment full of great options like the Dezire, vento, Etios etc, the only thing that could save the Verito is a killer introductory OTR Price.

Good Luck Mahindra!
amrisharm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 19:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

The front bonnet has a softer curve than a sharp edgy nose. Looks like that of the ford ikon! But anything will work to give this a refresh and a more Mahindra look instead of a Renault look.
Old 4th May 2012, 21:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!

Looks like they fixed the wipers finally for RHD. The wipers in current Logan and Verito looked so out of place.

Moving the number plate to the boot lid is a good move. Fills up a big empty gap.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 23:27   #12
BANNED

This car (Logan or verito), is a car that long term, non image conscious people should buy. It is a great car, has a lag less wonderful engine and terrific interior space, without any pretensions like aHyundai and therefore is very relevant and suitable for India; however the Indian public is still on the learning curve as far as car buys are concerned and till they mature, they wont realise the real value of a Verito.
I have seen examples of Meru cab Logans that have covered 4-6 lakh km and are running superbly. The driver confirms that apart from regular services, the cars have had no major work done on them. The lack of complicated electronics also ensures that the car will outlast the overdone Verna, i20 and the like
fiestarry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 02:42   #13
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice scoop. They seem to have touched upon all the relavent stuff, including the wipers and front and rear lights and bumpers. Home the interiors too get an uplift with better shaped door panels and a bit more upmarket dash.

Mahindra could do decent numbers with this considering that the previous one too still sell a fair bit compared to its age.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 07:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

I saw this car too in chennai on wednesday on the GST road and tried to take pics but couldnt do it as i was driving and there was heavy traffic. i didnt see any major changes though.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:06   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
If this test mule was without a camouflage it would have tough for any one to gauge that this is a new model. M&M is just trying to revive a dead car where as in essence they need an all new sedan to ensure higher profitability.
Exactly my thoughts! Logan/Verito has been here for a long time now, why use camouflage? Even more so, when the changes aren't so drastic! With a personal car reg. plate, it could have easily passed as a one off modded Logan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks