Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 09:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!

I too saw this car on the GST Road. I was not interested to take any pictures as it was obvious to me that it is Logan/Verito. It looked funny with all those camouflage. That wasn't necessary for this face lift. I think Mahindra might have planned to take some attention by camouflaging, otherwise no one would have paid attention .
Old 5th May 2012, 10:03   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the Scoop.
It'll having most of its flaws Ironed out, like;
-Boring Front looks.
-Plain-jane, boring & Worst-est rear looks.
-LHD Configuration wipers.

Now it looks better than Manza, Etios & New Dzire.
Infact the best looker in its Entry Sedan Segment.
Definitely I'd like to wait for this car, as against going with already booked My New Dzire ZDi.
I'm confident that it won't be priced much differently than its current version, which is a Overload of VFM.

Any time-frame for its launch, bhp-ians ??
Old 5th May 2012, 10:29   #18
BHPian

Once, Verito was on top of my wish list. It has a good renault engine (Though derated for fuel efficiency) and excellent built quality. Its taxi image didn't bother me. As long as I am happy and comfortable in my car, what others think is immaterial. But it didn't have passenger airbags, and windscreen wiper were of opposite config. So I opted out and went for Manza.
M&Ms treatment, and mob mentality killed this car. The comfort and durability it offers at rock bottom price is amazing. I hope M&M dont change the price much. Still it will be the most economical, I guess. And after these changes, customer wont have to compromise for getting this VFM.
Old 6th May 2012, 01:16   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice scoop. I hope they managed to change the color of the interior elements too! I just could not stand the greige and that is the single biggest negative for me! Otherwise it's a preferred car for me.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 01:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

I heard from one of the M&M dealership here in Chennai that Mahindra is testing the fully Electric Verito and may launch this soon. I cannot confirm on the reliability/authenticity of the report .
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 08:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

The facelift would definitely do a world of good to the Verito and would breath some more life to it. Mahindra has succeeded in luring the single car taxi operators also to verito who otherwise stays with Indica/ Indica. Single Taxi owner-drivers were always aspiring to upgrade to an from Indica to Indigo but Mahindra found success by attracting them to Verito.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:37   #22
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice scoop. I hope they managed to change the color of the interior elements too! I just could not stand the greige and that is the single biggest negative for me! Otherwise it's a preferred car for me.
As far as i could see, the interiors are of the "same" colour as the existing model, except that the grains were not visible. The existing car's interiors has a very badly designed surface pattern (Grain). Thankfully, there weren't any cheap wooden inserts visible to my eyes.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:48   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Classic case of too little, too late.

The Logan looked cheap and outdated at the time of its launch in 2007. Exactly 5 years down the line, it looks even more cheap & outdated, in the face of better, fresher competition. There are some truly competent sedans out there for not so much money. Why would anyone bother with the Logan? Sorry, but the facelift isn't going anywhere.

Thumbs down.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Mahindra is testing the fully Electric Verito and may launch this soon. I cannot confirm on the reliability/authenticity of the report .
That could be the case too. I remember seeing fully electric Verito at the AutoExpo this year in Delhi. No pics though.

It is good that Mahindra is integrating technologies from its acquisitions Reva and Logan and integrating them to bring out a combined version under their own brand! Good business strategy.

And now I hope they don't prove me wrong!
Old 7th May 2012, 18:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
That could be the case too. I remember seeing fully electric Verito at the AutoExpo this year in Delhi. No pics though.
I'm having the pic of the same from AE2012.
Truly it seems to be a combination of multiple brands from different worlds.
i.e A Renault bodied car with REVA Powertrain & Mahindra branding.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-dscn1067.jpg  

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-dscn1068.jpg  

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-dscn1069.jpg  

Pics: Facelift Mahindra Verito Spied! SCOOP!-dscn1070.jpg  

CRtorquefan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 21:16   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Logan looked cheap and outdated at the time of its launch in 2007.
Well said, GTO!

There is no problem in selling outdated products if there are sufficient customers for it. But if not much customers are interested in it, manufacturers should show their brave heart in discontinuing those outdated-sales duds. Verito, Estilo, Ambassador, Aveo, Accent, Xylo, Gypsy, Sumo... all belongs to this list, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th May 2012 at 21:17.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:37   #27
BHPian

While Verito is a car with excellent mechanicals, the desirability factor is near zero !
Recently I checked the car at a Mahindra showroom and I found the interior quality truly substandard for a 6.5 lakh rupees car. VFM and cost cutting are two different things. The plastic quality,dials,seat fabric and controls are quite rudimentary and are similar to what you get in some Mahindra UVs.
More than the exteriors (which also looks utilitarian), the interiors needs serious refurbishment.
Turbokick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 23:16   #28
BHPian

Good to see a facelift for this workhorse. Verito (Logan) has always caught my eye for its no-nonsense appeal. Some interesting facts about this car:

- The cheapest version of this car in Romania costs only Euro 5500 (Approx Rs. 3.79 Lacs) and has air conditioning, Airbags and ABS as standard.

-The car uses 50% lesser electronic devices for cheaper production and easy repairs

- ORVMs are symmetrical and can be used on either side of the car

-The Dashboard is a single injection-molded piece making it not only cheaper to produce but also makes it rattle free

- The Logan Platform is used as a sedan, pick-up and estate

I only hope that the facelift Verito has a peppier set of engines which are fun to drive, better looking interior plastics (preferably in black and Aluminum finish), an impressive Speedometer cluster and some new-age features at least as optional or accessories (eg .electric ORVMs, Steering mounted audio controls etc)
Old 8th May 2012, 14:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks like they fixed the wipers finally for RHD.
Thanks, I didn't notice that at first when I saw the pics. That was one of my biggest grouses with the Logan/Verito. It seemed to me like an attempt to cut costs gone too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nice scoop. Home the interiors too get an uplift with better shaped door panels and a bit more upmarket dash.
I hope so too. I positively hate the dreary, super cheap - and worse still, Obviously cheap - design and materials used in the door panels of the current Logan/Verito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Classic case of too little, too late.

The Logan looked cheap and outdated at the time of its launch in 2007. Exactly 5 years down the line, it looks even more cheap & outdated, in the face of better, fresher competition. There are some truly competent sedans out there for not so much money. Why would anyone bother with the Logan? Sorry, but the facelift isn't going anywhere.

Thumbs down.
IMHO with the face-lift, realigned wipers, a bit more sound-deadening, and (hopefully) better looking interiors, sales will pick up.

It already has a huge fan-following as a taxi, and as mentioned by someone else, it does make a lot of practical sense. It just needs that bit more to placate - if never actually tug - the heart.

Last edited by VeluM : 8th May 2012 at 14:01.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:32   #30

I also happened to see the heavily camouflaged Verito near Maraimalai Nagar with what looks like a new Grill,but what baffles me is that it was kind of a Mahindra convoy with two New veritos and a camouflaged XUV500. I was not able to see whether the XUV was LHD or RHD,it was far gone before I could notice.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks