Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 16:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Does Figo still carry the VFM tag among the Diesel cars?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th May 2012 at 17:29.
DevilsCry is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th May 2012, 17:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

The new Figo Titanium comes with

1. Tilt steering
2. Alloy wheels
3. Fog lamps

I agree the new Swift is a great product, but then speaking of VFM... the Figo takes it! The new Swift is a premium hatch and priced at a premium too
Old 9th May 2012, 17:44   #63
BANNED

Thanks all for mentioning the errors in my post when comparing Swift ZDi and Figo Titanium. My source was cardekho.

I suggest Team-BHP to start a section that 1) lists features and specifications of all cars, and 2) feature comparison section. Why we need to go to other sub-standard sites for these data and be hammered?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th May 2012 at 17:46.
Old 9th May 2012, 18:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a poll ? If i was asked this question a year back i would say that Figo is sheer VFM . For those who feel that Figo s price is justified since they have added *new* features like alloys , tilt adjustable steering etc. these features should have been added earlier itself. Ford did not add these features since Swift ( the main competitor) didnt have a ZDI variant in previous Gen. Only after the Next Gen Swift was launched with a ZDI Figo got these upgrades.

At nearly 7 lacs OTR for a car based on previous gen Fiesta Platform and which has not got a facelift yet i dont think its a sheer VFM as before.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 18:47   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Thanks all for mentioning the errors in my post when comparing Swift ZDi and Figo Titanium. My source was cardekho.
If you are doing a feature comparison, I guess the best is to refer to the respective cars' official websites. There may be some minor errors out there as well, but should be much better than third party website references.

Back to the topic, the OP included only Swift VDi in his list, citing the price difference.
Old 9th May 2012, 19:02   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Take list of what is lacking in Figo Titanium compared to Swift ZDi:
This the final corrected list since your post had a lot of errors:

Power: 75PS Swift vs 69PS Figo
Torque: 190Nm@2000RPM Swift vs 160NM@2000RPM Figo
Power Windows-Rear
Automatic Climate Control
Rear Seat Headrest
Steering mounted audio controls
Outside Temperature Display
Outside Rear View Mirror Turn Indicators
Audio System Remote Control
Anti-Theft Alarm
Seat Belt Warning

What the Figo has extra:

Bluetooth audio
Boot release from remote control
6 speed intermittent wipers with courtesy wipe

The Figo Titanium is almost 1lakh lesser than the Swift ZDi.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 23:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

I would also suggest the Beat Diesel as a VFM city Diesel hatch
Old 9th May 2012, 23:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I suggest Team-BHP to start a section that 1) lists features and specifications of all cars, and 2) feature comparison section. Why we need to go to other sub-standard sites for these data and be hammered?
I came across the below thread which has the technical specification but they are not updated with the latest,

Figo:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ture-list.html

Old Swift:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ture-list.html
Old 10th May 2012, 05:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja
Can we have a poll ? If i was asked this question a year back i would say that Figo is sheer VFM . For those who feel that Figo s price is justified since they have added *new* features like alloys , tilt adjustable steering etc. these features should have been added earlier itself. Ford did not add these features since Swift ( the main competitor) didnt have a ZDI variant in previous Gen. Only after the Next Gen Swift was launched with a ZDI Figo got these upgrades.

At nearly 7 lacs OTR for a car based on previous gen Fiesta Platform and which has not got a facelift yet i dont think its a sheer VFM as before.
But at about a lakh lesser than the Zdi, Figo titanium is still more value.
I felt Ford has put in really useful features in Figo rather than only the fancy ones. I would anyday prefer the bluetooth in the stereo to ORVM turn indicators. Besides, Figo has more space both in cabin and boot. For a family, able to buy a single car, the Figo still makes more sense.
The man on the street would be too bothered about which platform the car is. At 7lacs,The Figo may not be sheer VFM but definitely more value than the swift ZDI or VDI excluding resale value concerns.
Figo titanium would be tremendous value at 6.5lacs, but as long as Ford perceives a good demand, they are going to slowly perk up the prices.

The real VFM diesel hatch would be VISTA, I guess.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 10th May 2012 at 05:03.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 07:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I see this previous gen platform being used make Figo discussed by many. Can I know what this previous gen platform lacks apart from looks which are subjective compared to say new platforms like Swift/Liva who are its competitors? AFAIK It handles on par if not better then a Swift, Rock stable at high speeds, rides well. So what does the platform really lack. Just trying to understand. Not debating.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 08:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I see this previous gen platform being used make Figo discussed by many. Can I know what this previous gen platform lacks apart from looks which are subjective compared to say new platforms like Swift/Liva who are its competitors? AFAIK It handles on par if not better then a Swift, Rock stable at high speeds, rides well. So what does the platform really lack. Just trying to understand. Not debating.
1) Better Safety. The latest Fiesta has got more safety mainly due to more modern structure. The older model has 4/5 star ENCAP rating and new one has 5/5 ENCAP rating.

2) Lighter weight. Aids in FE, performance and also in handling.

3) Stronger structure and lighter weight might give suspension and tyres a longer life ( relatively ).

4) Improvement in ride quality due to higher strength of structure, higher refinement.

Its not about staying above competitors, but its like staying in equilibrium ( as much as possible ) with global market. i20 and Micra brought in features like Electric fold mirrors, they could have done without it also just like competition. But they opted otherwise to be in global tune. One has to admit that Hyundai has introduced many features which is helping them a lot.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th May 2012 at 08:45.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 09:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Better Safety. The latest Fiesta has got more safety mainly due to more modern structure. The older model has 4/5 star ENCAP rating and new one has 5/5 ENCAP rating.

2) Lighter weight. Aids in FE, performance and also in handling.

3) Stronger structure and lighter weight might give suspension and tyres a longer life ( relatively ).

4) Improvement in ride quality due to higher strength of structure, higher refinement.

Its not about staying above competitors, but its like staying in equilibrium ( as much as possible ) with global market. i20 and Micra brought in features like Electric fold mirrors, they could have done without it also just like competition. But they opted otherwise to be in global tune. One has to admit that Hyundai has introduced many features which is helping them a lot.
Can we use the ENCAP ratings for Indian cars?
Also, from my experience, the Figo rides and handles better than the swift. The Swift may have a good EPS but it doesnt even come close to the Figo's steering. End of the day, Figo is a success for Ford because people find a FORD VFM (how many Fords can be called VFM, just look at the new fiesta). Swift is a success because it is VFM in its own sense, but the brand Maruti also comes into picture (does Ford even have a brand value? just kidding). Maruti does give you peace of mind ownership but their cars are over-rated when it comes to FE, costs etc. I have owned an alto for 3 years and I am speaking from experience.

Suhas
Old 10th May 2012, 09:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
But at about a lakh lesser than the Zdi, Figo titanium is still more value.
I dont think you got my point . What i was trying to say was when Figo was launched the top end was 6 lacs OTR now its almost 7 lacs OTR. The Previous Gen Swift was 5.7 lacs for VDI when i purchased my Swift and now the same version is 6.8 lacs for Next Gen VDI. So both the cars have seen a increase in price of almost 1 lac ( Figo has given additional features , Swift has a new model with better interiors with NO new features in VDI). My another point is Figo should have got a mild facelift also to justify the price increase and that it has been in the market for quite sometime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I see this previous gen platform being used make Figo discussed by many. Can I know what this previous gen platform lacks apart from looks which are subjective compared to say new platforms like Swift/Liva who are its competitors?
Just FYI i own a Swift and i prefer the Figo over it anyday. Reg. based of previous Gen Model , it makes Figo a bit dull from the front atleast IMHO. I like the rear of Figo. Its just the looks to be frank .I like the interiors, space and overall handling of the Figo. Just feel its should have been a bit cheaper(at 6.5 lacs it ll be steal) . But as many say its still somewhat cheaper than competition.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:36   #74
BHPian

I own a Ford Fiesta Classic, purchased it last Dec. I've owned a Swift Diesel for three years, take my word of advice, wait if you have to, GO BUY THE SWIFT! unless you have a 10+ budget for a Sedan, there is no other car in the 5-9 lac bracke that is worth it.. makes sense? it will, when you pick up another car.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:44   #75
BHPian

Being a novice I cannot really say whether Figo is still VFM or not. All I can say is why I chose Liva GD over Ford Figo Titanium (other variants not considered, since I wanted ABS) about 6 months ago. My final shortlist had only these two cars. I gave up the superior handling and additional features of Figo (cost being not a factor) because of the following:

1. Reliability. I did not want the engine to die off on me or unscheduled visits to the workshop for other niggles.
2. Reported lack of power when fully loaded at higway speeds. I feared it may lack power when climbing mountain roads with full load.

These are also things that I don't mind paying for. Most of the comparisons on this thread hang on the number of features of the car. That was not so important for me. In fact, I wanted a car with less electronics. Though I would have liked a rear wiper on Liva.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks