I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 12:39   #271
BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Kochi Police has started to fine & remove the cars with sunfilm on from today.
Old 21st June 2012, 13:32   #272
Senior - BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot_Roadster View Post
No tension in Mumbai as of now. I recently purchased an i20 Asta (review coming up soon) and installed the legitimate 50/70 Llumar film. I dont sense of any crackdown happening unless Dhoble takes the job onto himself
No film is legitimate. You will have to get it removed.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:04   #273
Senior - BHPian

I have not removed my sunfilms till date and dont see the cops checking for this at all, atleast where I live in Bangalore {White field}. And even when I'm fined and forced to remove the films I plan to remove only the sides and the back. I dont think the cops will figure out that I have a sunfilm in the front windscreen since its of the CR70 equivalent in solar gard.

Also, I was told by my sun film dealer than the CM of Tamil nadu-Jayalalitha has mentioned that she may not be able to implement this in TN due to soaring temperatures. Any idea on this?
Old 21st June 2012, 14:29   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I have not removed my sunfilms till date and dont see the cops checking for this at all, atleast where I live in Bangalore {White field}. And even when I'm fined and forced to remove the films I plan to remove only the sides and the back. I dont think the cops will figure out that I have a sunfilm in the front windscreen since its of the CR70 equivalent in solar gard.
Even I have not seen any sun film checking in this area. i would also suggest that you retain the front sun films as they would not be detected easily.
Old 21st June 2012, 16:45   #275
BHPian

Not enforced in Bangalore yet?

I had grounded my car for a couple of weeks while I used official transport till there was some clarity on this rule. However I didn't notice any sun-film related stops at least on the route I take. (Begur Road-Bommanahalli-Madiwala-HSR-Inner Ring Road-Domlur.) I even did a return trip to kerala over the past weekend due to an emergency. No hassles.

While the percentage of tinted vehicles has certainly dropped a lot, there are still quite a lot of vehicles with tints intact.

Has anybody been pulled over in Bangalore over this issue?

What's the future? I heard that there will be an announcement along the lines of ISO certified tints that adhere to the RTO regulations (70/50) will be made legal very soon. Any truth to this?
Old 21st June 2012, 20:09   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I have not removed my sunfilms till date and dont see the cops checking for this at all, atleast where I live in Bangalore {White field}.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Even I have not seen any sun film checking in this area. i would also suggest that you retain the front sun films as they would not be detected easily.
On my way back from work saw the Inspector of Traffic Police, Whitefield pull over and challan quite a few cars with films, opposite the Container Corporation turn off.

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 20:54   #277
JLS
BHPian

Hi,
Here in Ahmedabad, I have observed that police is stopping and checking cars that have really dark films.
Fortunately both my cars have light films and I have naver been stopped.
I believe, here in Ahmedabad this law is not being implemented very strictly and I plan to keep films.

Regards,

JLS
Old 21st June 2012, 21:22   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem
I had grounded my car for a couple of weeks while I used official transport till there was some clarity on this rule. However I didn't notice any sun-film related stops at least on the route I take. (Begur Road-Bommanahalli-Madiwala-HSR-Inner Ring Road-Domlur.) I even did a return trip to kerala over the past weekend due to an emergency. No hassles.

While the percentage of tinted vehicles has certainly dropped a lot, there are still quite a lot of vehicles with tints intact.

Has anybody been pulled over in Bangalore over this issue?

What's the future? I heard that there will be an announcement along the lines of ISO certified tints that adhere to the RTO regulations (70/50) will be made legal very soon. Any truth to this?
Sachin's Auto Shop recommends to hold on, as Garware has filed a petition and is waiting for the court vacation to end. I hope the courts provide a verdict favouring transparent sun films.
Old 21st June 2012, 21:58   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I recently removed the sunfilm after waiting for some relief. Now I observe that the police is not so serious about flagging down cars. I had llumar films which were quite light. Now I feel I must not have done so. Its really a sad thing to try to obey the law and then look like an idiot in front of people who haven't removed it.
Old 22nd June 2012, 00:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

but I would want to know if anyone has used a Smoke Tint Spray before?? It would be a good or I guess only alternative to a sun film and even if stopped by the cops it would be impossible for them to figure out that the glass is not factory tinted. How many of us would put such a thing is the question.

It would be great if someone could share some more info about this product.

VHT Smoke Window Tint Spray
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:05   #281
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have removed the sun control films in my car as a DIY. Don't want the coppers to stop my vehicle and utter comments when I am riding around with my family.
Regards adrian
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:11   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys, I recently removed the sunfilm after waiting for some relief. Now I observe that the police is not so serious about flagging down cars. I had llumar films which were quite light. Now I feel I must not have done so. Its really a sad thing to try to obey the law and then look like an idiot in front of people who haven't removed it.
Well said. I see a huge % of cars on road in B'lore with tints still on; what I don't see is cops checking/fining such cars.
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:11   #283
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be no activity from RTO/traffic police regarding this in Pune. Has anyone been pulled over in Pune?
Old 23rd June 2012, 18:47   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
but I would want to know if anyone has used a Smoke Tint Spray before?? It would be a good or I guess only alternative to a sun film and even if stopped by the cops it would be impossible for them to figure out that the glass is not factory tinted. How many of us would put such a thing is the question.

It would be great if someone could share some more info about this product.

VHT Smoke Window Tint Spray
Dont even try these. Read up on the internet you will find a lot of horror stories on these things. Runny finish, tend to scratch soon when windows are rolled up and down, if they get dirty there is no way to clean them. You need to scrape the paint off the windows to remove them etc.
If you need protection and remain in the right side of law please check on transparent uv/infrared ray protection films. These are not cheap but totally worth it. Else try sun shades or newspapers
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 10:50   #285
Senior - BHPian

Finally got pulled over for the sun films on my car. This happened at the dhaula Kuan clover leaf exit from the NH8. Pulled over, engaged the cop in a friendly conversation. agreed to pay the 100 rupee fine without any argument, told the cop i am a lawyer and asked him t not remove the sunfim from my car since it was in the middle of the afternoon and my kid was sleeping in the back seat. A bit of polite talk works wonders.

reached home, and effortlessly removed the sunfilm in 10 minutes. hats off to 3M- they quality is so good that there was no residue whatsoever on the glasses. In the process, reaslied that the Scorpio comes with really pathetic quality glasses on all the doors.

O.T. while i was chatting with the cop, a few others whpo were pulled over were having heated conversations in 45 degree heat! I mean, whats the point? you broke the law, pay the fine and go.....arguing will serve no purpose. I mentioned as much to the cop and he said "sahab, problem yeh hai ki padhe likhe log sabse bade gadhe hote hain!' enuf said!!

Bade him farewell and wished him a pleasant day.....these guys are doing a really tough job standing in sweltering heat all day. the least we can do is speak nicey, esp when we have violated the rules. Doesnt cost us anything and just gives a momentary light moment to an otherwise tough day for someone.
himanshugoswami is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed