I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 12:51   #361
BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

The hearing is scheduled today.

What chance do we have until good people do nothing( here I mean well informed forum members like us?)
Old 25th July 2012, 14:02   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Any news about the hearing today? Desperate for some good news.
Old 25th July 2012, 14:14   #363
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the good news ! Hope that SC is a little considerate to the common man and gives us some respite.
Old 25th July 2012, 14:48   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
The hearing is scheduled today.

What chance do we have until good people do nothing( here I mean well informed forum members like us?)
One of the best legal brains in the country Mr. Soli Sorabjee(former Attorney general of the Gov. of India) is arguing the case on behalf of the sunfilm industry. That's probably the best that can be done legally. If it fails, only a people's movement resulting in a new law enacted in Parliament, can save us.

Last edited by Daewood : 25th July 2012 at 14:56.
Old 25th July 2012, 15:35   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
One of the best legal brains in the country Mr. Soli Sorabjee(former Attorney general of the Gov. of India) is arguing the case on behalf of the sunfilm industry. That's probably the best that can be done legally. If it fails, only a people's movement resulting in a new law enacted in Parliament, can save us.
I know that, and have been praying ever since. We all need to rise against this.
Old 25th July 2012, 17:30   #366
BHPian

Any Update on the verdict ????
Old 25th July 2012, 18:38   #367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Well here you go !!!. The next hearing in on July 25th.

https://www.facebook.com/movementagainstsc?ref=stream
Hi Kishore, any news on today's hearing so far?
Old 25th July 2012, 21:49   #368
BHPian

Why is any news on the sunfilm verdict too hard to find? Not sure if it has been postponed again. Wonder why the media is also silent on this issue?
Old 25th July 2012, 22:46   #369
BHPian

The Facebook page "Movement Against Supreme Court's Decision to Totally Ban Suncontrol Films" which says the hearing has been postponed to 25th, I think its a fake page fooling us.

This is the court order, and it doesn't mention anything about the 25th July hearing.

http://courtnic.nic.in/supremecourt/...c%2026511p.txt
Old 25th July 2012, 23:21   #370
Senior - BHPian

Ban Still continues

Ban still continues:

Quote:
Rules prevail
The bench, however, brushed aside their plea saying, “Please don’t say that, it was your choice not to come (to court).”
“We found that rules were not being followed. We have only interpreted the rules. We have said that law permits glass and nothing else. Your films may be great, but how can we change the rules,” the bench remarked.
Following the arguments, the court reserved its order on the applications of the black film manufacturers.
Link and Credit: Deccan herald
Sun film ban: Apex court slams poor compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any news about the hearing today? Desperate for some good news.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th July 2012 at 23:27.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 23:22   #371
BHPian

I have searched the Internet and didn't find any update on the hearing of the case.
No one at Hyderabad seems to care about the sunfilms so far and I hope it stays this way!
Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 25th July 2012, 23:26   #372
BHPian

How is the enforcement in smaller towns. I know most of big cities they are pretty strict. I might have to make trip to smaller towns like Hosur or outskirts of Chennai. How is the enforcement in such places?
Old 26th July 2012, 00:11   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
How is the enforcement in smaller towns. I know most of big cities they are pretty strict. I might have to make trip to smaller towns like Hosur or outskirts of Chennai. How is the enforcement in such places?
I am not seeing this enforced anywhere in Tamilnadu apart from Chennai. If you visit Chennai, the probability of getting caught is very high.
Old 26th July 2012, 09:07   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ban Still continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Ban still continues:
In the above quoted para, it again says that the court has reserved its judgement on the application of the sun film manufacturers. So does that mean they are still going to hear there part?

But having said that our judiciary and the whole system is so full of frustration. The judges have become too media savvy now given the detailed and frantic coverage given to SC and HC verdicts these days by the media. They took less then 1 hearing to pass on a judgement which they felt would make them look good morally and socially without giving a thought to the implications of the same. I have given up hope of any thing positive coming out of this now and would most likely get the films removed whenever the cops stop my car next time. But this just taught me a lesson that in our country there is absolutely no sense in trying to follow the law since at the end of the day there is no difference in the eyes of the govt/courts about which side of the law you were to begin with.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 09:58   #375
BHPian

I don't think any judgement was made on July 25th. Correct me if I am mistaken.

If that's the case, IMHO the title of this thread is a bit misleading. Moderators note and take necessary action. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed