I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 13:23   #541
BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

Cops are very active near the HMT junction at the fag-end of the Seaport-Airport road, Kochi. Had a narrow escape yesterday. Didn't see any mobile court, but did see the cops flagging down cars.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:27   #542
BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup no need to get the 70% films removed. There is surely a very good chance that the cops cannot make that out. But my post was directed more at the point of whats legal and what is not, post the SC verdict.:
Yes. I was about to write the same but you had already mentioned.

I really hope that Hyderabad doesn't catch up to this nonsense.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:29   #543
BANNED

Quote:
Where was she stopped? From what I have seen they are present everywhere and rather randomly. Its tough to pin point certain specific locations specially given the fact that distances in delhi are quite long and one has to travel a lot across the city.
I feel moving down all 4 windows might make you even more of a suspect specially when you are driving alone. Although it does sound like a good idea.
It was in front of Vasant Kunj malls, being lady they told her to get it removed with help at home.
Most of the time I know their location and praying that they will get tired after some time. Even you can understand from barricade they put for this purpose as its very difficult for them to stop flowing traffic.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:41   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
do you happen to know the amount imposed as fine if caught?
i was planning to shift my Vtec to Chandigarh or Jalandhar last weekend but had to cancel out at last minute; probably will remove the dark tints before i transfer the car sometime near year end.
You better do,the drive to remove sunfilms is on at full swing in this part of the country.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:50   #545
Senior - BHPian

I saw cops standing near the U-turn in IRR catching people with tints. I think i will have to get them removed soon :(
Old 10th August 2012, 19:07   #546
Senior - BHPian

Delhi girl gang-raped, dumped near highway - The Times of India

And the car (Tata Nano) used in this crime didn't have black tints as far as I know from TV news.

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th August 2012 at 19:09.
Old 10th August 2012, 20:23   #547
BHPian

I got my sunfilm removed at ABT Maruti for Rs. 700, the white shift (thats how they call Swift here)now looks like a beautiful girl with just bikinis for others to peep into it. Anyways, its not looking as bad as I thought!
Old 11th August 2012, 00:18   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Delhi girl gang-raped, dumped near highway - The Times of India

And the car (Tata Nano) used in this crime didn't have black tints as far as I know from TV news.
Totally Agree - You cannot stop rapists even if a rule is passed that only cabriolet models are street legal. The only way to stop rapists is punish them by "hang to death". People have become so thick skinned that only the lathi will work. Off-Topic. An ATM was robbed in new-mumbai and the robbers had Helmets on. Am I hinting at another rule? Only transparent plastic made helmets are legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I got my sunfilm removed at ABT Maruti for Rs. 700, the white shift (thats how they call Swift here)now looks like a beautiful girl with just bikinis for others to peep into it. Anyways, its not looking as bad as I thought!
I am following suit tomorrow. my 5.5 year old santro is also becoming"naked".

I had hopes on the rules reversal but i totally lost hopes now. Will remove it now and keep reading this thread daily for any updates.
Old 11th August 2012, 01:06   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
700 bucks just for removing old films? I was just quoted 200 bucks at a reputed auto accessories shop. Others may be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Totally Agree - You cannot stop rapists even if a rule is passed that only cabriolet models are street legal. The only way to stop rapists is punish them by "hang to death". People have become so thick skinned that only the lathi will work. Off-Topic. An ATM was robbed in new-mumbai and the robbers had Helmets on. Am I hinting at another rule? Only transparent plastic made helmets are legal.
You can get hanged for murder. Does it stop murders? No laws can prevent crimes. Punishments are reactive. Their effectiveness at protectively preventing crimes is very debatable.
Old 11th August 2012, 01:10   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You can get hanged for murder. Does it stop murders? No laws can prevent crimes. Punishments are reactive. Their effectiveness at protectively preventing crimes is very debatable.
- You can plead guilty but now-a-days the penalties are paltry so people are not bothered.

Strict actions in addition to policing will make life easier.

First offense in 100/-. 100 is paltry for a person who has invested 10,000 on a sun film.

Offense fines for sun-film should be like warning for the first time, 1000/-for the second fine and suspended license for 1 year for 3rd attempt. If vehicle is still found flouting rules, vehicle should be seized and owner should serve a 1 year sentence

Last edited by scopriobharath : 11th August 2012 at 01:18.
Old 11th August 2012, 01:33   #551
Senior - BHPian

^^^If you had invested 10k in sunfilms, you too would have prayed that fines are paltry. Things always work both ways and everything has pros and cons.

Here, the way I look at it is that the state and courts are vandalizing public property and glamorizing the vandalizing by calling it "law". Imagine the plight of those in very hot parts of the country who have invested in expensive films just before this "law". Sunfilm is nothing less than shelter in places that reach 45 - 50 deg. C. The state and courts are out to destroy your shelter.

The highest court has effectively ruled that Indians have any right to the shelter component of the basic necessities of life like food, clothing and shelter.
Raccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 01:40   #552
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2012 at 15:31.
taranonline is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th August 2012, 09:51   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a query. How does the law see the numerous Maruti Omni and Eeco which are used by many small time business houses in Delhi and other cities to transport there goods. I am talking about the ones which have got the body coloured panels in place of window glasses all over the vehicle. The only areas where you can peep into the car is through the windshield and the front 2 windows. This is what I am talking about:

Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement-1.jpg

Isn't this a much more potent weapon in the hand's of the criminals?
Old 11th August 2012, 12:41   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Isn't this a much more potent weapon in the hand's of the criminals?
When someone is out to do a crime, he can find numerous ways to accomplish that. A maruti gypsy or for the more comfort oriented an air-conditionted ambulance are some of the perfect vehicles for such sexual assault crimes. Sun film ban is not going to achieve anything apart from putting 15 crore law abiding Indian citizens or 2.5% of humanity to hardship.
Daewood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 14:37   #555
BHPian

Hello all,

I found this notice on Pune Traffic Police's website.

वाहतूक शाखेकडून Tinted Glass ची कारवाई केलेबाबत...

They are still talking about 50% and 70% VLT.
Hopefully this means they are not going to challan for approved sunfilms (at least for now).

I still have not removed my sunfilms. Original plan was to continue till getting a challan for the first time. Now plan is to carry a print out of this notice.

Anyone else from Pune having any updates on the situation?

P.S. : My Marathi is not very good but I think they have mistakenly mentioned VLT should not be more that 50% and 70% which is exactly opposite of the rule.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed