I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 14:10   #661
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

BHPian Quatro wants to add the following message:

Quote:
Came across following news items in last few days. First one is from Oct 13, Saturday, Mumbai edition of Times of India which mentions that Mumbai police has also started this exercise. I was wondering if anybody in Mumbai has come across this team.

4.5k motorists fined for tinted glass in 2 days
Nitasha Natu TNN
Mumbai:Cracking the whip on motorists using dark films on their vehicles,the traffic police department recorded a whopping 4,448 cases in the past two days.Of these,1,623 motorists were penalized on Thursday and 2,825 on Friday.
The drive was conducted following recent Supreme Court directives against the use of dark films or tinted glasses in cars.The traffic department has collected Rs 4.44 lakh in fines since Thursday.Senior officials said the drive is being carried out across the country.The apex court had issued directives on May 4 to check misuse of dark films on four-wheelers.

UNQUOTE

There was also a separate news item from Hyderabad of police taking action from 25 Oct onwards - article gives an impression that they will target only those that have dark films, where VLT is lower than permissible limit.

Link
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 23:14   #662
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

Similar Message from Bhpian Desmosedici

Quote:
the Mumbai Cops are indeed stopping cars with tints. I have seen them do this yesterday and today near Inorbit Mall, Link Road, Mumbai.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks