I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 17:06   #1
BHPian

Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Hi All Bhpian's,

We all have to abide by the law. This thread is not about if or not will you remove the films, we need to do what law wants us to do. This poll is to find out the majority course of action that people in the forum are taking. Have you already removed it? Do you intend to take it off yourself? Are you grounding you car and do a wait and watch?

I would like to know what is the most preferred option, the users of this forum are taking.

Mods: If this poll seems a sucker, feel free to toss it off!
Old 15th May 2012, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: My action on the Sun Film Verdit

I will remove it hopefully before the deadline. I have other transport without tints that I can use so no urgency.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

I removed it last week, it was a DIY, especially after the numerous suggestions on how to remove the same on the TBHP. It was within the permissible limits, but, rendered after the latest irrational judgement.

AC's effectiveness has reduced, but, at least I need not be bothered with the cops.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:13   #4
RAC
BHPian

I have removed the sunfilm from my car. My wife refuses to do so from her car. She plans to wait and watch.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am going to sit on this for a while. I don't really use my car that much as my bike is still my primary vehicle. But now with the rains around Bangalore I'd have to take a second thought about my decision.

Even if I do decide to remove the film, it'd be DIY

Honestly have a gut feeling that there would be stay on this and "legal" VLT "films" will be allowed again.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Co-incidentally, my rear hatch window defogger stopped working 2 weeks back. It is going to be replaced under warranty this week - parts are on order. I will get my sun film removed at the same time that the rear hatch window is replaced.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:22   #7
BHPian

Can some one please tell me when is the deadline for removing the sunfilm?

Also I have a 50% heat reduction one with i think less than 50% reduction in visibility. You can still see through the glass without any problem. Do I have to take it out too????
Old 15th May 2012, 17:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilj View Post
Can some one please tell me when is the deadline for removing the sunfilm?

Also I have a 50% heat reduction one with i think less than 50% reduction in visibility. You can still see through the glass without any problem. Do I have to take it out too????
Deadline is 19th May 2012.

Law says no films whatsover. 40% etc. tint guidelines are for vehicle manufacturers only.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 17:44   #9
BHPian

Mine are 50% visibility ones. One can very easily see thru it. Don't see a reason to initiate it unless police or someone notices and points to me. For 50% visibility ones, I doubt if anyone can really notice.

Believe this order is designed more to stop the ones with 100% and 75% visibility ones.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:46   #10
BHPian

I removed it today at 3M care center. Reason: I am off to my native for a week and don't want issues while returning or enroute. But most funniest part is our judiciary passes verdicts without checking the government resources to implement them. A big example is Bangalore where all kind of tints are banned just because they don't have equipment to check. Now whose money, comfort and privacy goes to the drain? I am against this rule of BLR. Hope to see some stay orders soon.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:53   #11
BHPian

Getting both my cars through the pains on the 19th.

Appointment for the operation : Done.

Waiting for any last moment mood swings within the learned community : Highly Impossible, yet Hope is a very big word.

Worst case scenario : on 19th, my rides will be stripped off the tints.
Personally, I wouldnt mind getting rid of them on my Punto. Had some trouble while reversing in the dark when I cant roll my windows down e.g. rains. However, the cool, shaded enclosure would be no more. ( I mostly drive around with the windows down.

More worried about Sparky and the safety or lack of it associated with it. With that ride being wifey's daily commute on the dreaded ORR, there's some obvious reasons of concern. Have provided her strict instructions on how to use the car as a battering-ram in case of emergency. Now, hope the great masters of the universe regain some oh-so-common sense and rethink. In that case, the cute bug gets the films before the diesel brute.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 17:54   #12
BHPian

I removed it myself on 4th May, the day the ruling came into effect. I cycle to work, so cannot really comment on effectiveness of A/C.

Main reason to remove - mostly when I use the car, my wife will be along. I would rather sacrifice the sun film and the resultant A/C over working, reduced fuel efficiency, etc., than put my wife through the hassle of having to sit and watch the cops damage the film. That too after me paying the fine.

Rajan
Old 15th May 2012, 17:57   #13
BHPian

My plan is to ignore it completely. This law is ridiculous. My tints allow enough visibility for anyone to see inside my car.

Should I get into trouble, I just plan to leave it in the hands of Gandhiji
kadanaJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 18:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

@man_and_machine, what does the last poll option (Mine are factory built and I can't remove them) mean ?
I doubt any car comes with sun-film installed from factory - at best they come with tinted-glass. Or were you referring to tinted-glass ?
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 18:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for the rule to change and i am pretty sure it will change.

The multi 100 crore Auto Sunfilm industry will not allow the downfall of sunfilm. With new entrants entering the industry(inluding foreign companies) something will change for sure.

There are two options here

1) Invent a 100% VLT transparent Sun Film that blocks UV/IR rays and Heat to some%. This would be lapped up by

2) Grease hands at appropriate levels and roll-back the rule to 70/50.

Committing a crime inside a car with 50/70 visibility is as good as a car with no glass at all or heck even an auto.
scopriobharath is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks