I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 16:46   #61
BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Went to 3M HSR Layout, Bangalore for removing sun film. But they said from today, they have stopped removing films from cars in the company owned outlets.
So went to RNS motors Hosur road and removed the sun film from side 4 windows. Left the Back Glass as it is , because the rear deforgger and radio antenna might get damaged while removing the film. But the rear almost looks like plain glass.

Hope it will be ok.
Old 16th May 2012, 16:52   #62
Team-BHP Support

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

I didn't do anything - because I have no tints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
the Jeep doesn't have doors so I'm okay there!
If the cop who stops you is wearing dark sunglasses, he might ask you to fork out some money.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 18:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Interesting responses! We all agree to abide by the law only after we see that someone is out there actually enforcing the law.
Got rid of the tints on my wife's car! The driver spent Rs.200 to get them removed and hopefully there is no damage. The other car is pretty much grounded until i go back home so leaving the tints on.
Old 16th May 2012, 18:34   #64
BHPian

Already got my tints removed.
DTP has taken this issue quite seriously unlike other states.
So as soon as i saw them stopping people for tints, i got them removed the same day.

The major reason for getting my tints removed by a professional was to save the defogger.
Old 16th May 2012, 19:01   #65
BHPian

I'm planning to get the rear Window film removed for the sake of the defogger and then take my chances with the Side windows .

Does BTP stop and check cars even when one is driving with the windows down?
Old 16th May 2012, 19:24   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Does BTP stop and check cars even when one is driving with the windows down?
Just being the devil's advocate here. If BTP is strict about enforcement, they can even choose to challan parked cars. Afterall, the film is not going to be removed when one starts driving

Rajan
Old 16th May 2012, 20:38   #67
BHPian

I will definitely remove them before the deadline. I don't want to be on the lookout for police while I am driving. I'd rather focus all my attention on the road.
Old 16th May 2012, 20:41   #68
BHPian

I haven't seen any action around this in Hyderabad. So I will wait for more time. Also, the sun film I currently have are actually within the earlier rules, I strictly opted to comply. And after just over an year, the rules change! If I have to remove them, the money spent will be a waste!
Old 16th May 2012, 20:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re: My action on the Sun Film Verdit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The multi 100 crore Auto Sunfilm industry will not allow the downfall of sunfilm.

May be someone up there in authority wants a piece of this pie and hence this regulation. Now the association of sunfilm manufacturers will go running to them and after some "negotiations" this regulation will be scrapped. Truly amazing how things happen in our country.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 21:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mumbai Police seem to be on the side of the car owners . The industry folk insist that this order will be rolled back. I'm going to wait & watch.
Well i guess it's just case to case, i haven't been stopped either by the Thane cops, however my friend in Mulund was left with a warning a week back at Mulund check naka to have it removed before 19th.

Not sure what to do so guess i'm gonna have to wait and watch too. just love the vkool's on my Audi and i really don't want to part ways with them.

Wonder why they installed it for me when they knew such an order was being passed as my car is new (April delivery)
Old 16th May 2012, 21:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Wonder why they installed it for me when they knew such an order was being passed as my car is new (April delivery)
You mean they installed sun films on your car, even without asking you for permission?

Rajan
Old 16th May 2012, 21:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

Part with the film on my car ?? Yeah right !
I took my sweet time to select THE perfect shade of tint for the Audi and they add a lot (and i mean a LOTT) of character to the already good looking car besides reducing glare from the sun.
Steel 20s ! ...no way in hell am i in any mood to get rid of them. I will drive around in my other cars (which also have tints) should they begin a crackdown.
So far though there is nothing serious happening around so no worries.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 16th May 2012 at 21:39.
Old 16th May 2012, 22:49   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy

You mean they installed sun films on your car, even without asking you for permission?

Rajan
No i meant i didnt know of this, bu since they are in the business im sure they did and should have told me atleast
Old 16th May 2012, 23:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
No i meant i didnt know of this, bu since they are in the business im sure they did and should have told me atleast
I would bet my money on the fact that they very well knew the rule and they tried to "push" thier stocks on you. Maybe the Orignal stocker / dealer offered them a handsome commission if they cleared the Sun Film Stock.

I agree that its not ethics and the way to treat an Audi customer shelling out close to 4-5 million of his hard earned money. Read your experience with Audi Mumbai west and if they are capable of what they have done to an audi custmer, sunfilm is nothing.

This is like accusing Kasab of jumping a red-light signal in addition to the crime he has commited.
Old 16th May 2012, 23:40   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I agree that its not ethics and the way to treat an Audi customer shelling out close to 4-5 million of his hard earned money. Read your experience with Audi Mumbai west and if they are capable of what they have done to an audi custmer, sunfilm is nothing.
Yeah i mean and believe me it's really not about the money, but the hassle of getting this thing removed and incase the defogger gets ruined then more hassle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed