I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 21:32   #121
CJP
BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post

BTW Bangalore folks can relax a bit as last date for film removal has been extended to 5th June now. It's there on BTP Facebook page .
Can't see this postponement notification on the BTP Facebook page, @icecoolsam could you please post a link?

Also, for the rest of the folks here this link has the Supreme Court decision on tinted glass, from the BTP web site - makes interesting reading.
CJP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 23:06   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP

Can't see this postponement notification on the BTP Facebook page, @icecoolsam could you please post a link?

Also, for the rest of the folks here this link has the Supreme Court decision on tinted glass, from the BTP web site - makes interesting reading.
Just refer to other thread on t-bhp for sun film . Someone has pasted the Facebook content there . They have mentioned 5th June in one reply but later on said 19th may in some other post.
Old 17th May 2012, 23:57   #123
BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

reckon its 19th May. 70%VLT on front and back windshield and 50% on windows.
Old 18th May 2012, 07:12   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
Just refer to other thread on t-bhp for sun film . Someone has pasted the Facebook content there . They have mentioned 5th June in one reply but later on said 19th may in some other post.
Deadline to remove sun films extended to June 5

Extract from the above link:

The Bangalore traffic police have extended the deadline to remove sun films from window screens of cars, to June 5.

“We have decided to extend the deadline as the public and several organisations have requested us to stretch the deadline to June 5,” said City Police CommissionerB G Jyothiprakash Mirji, on Thursday.

The move comes in the wake of the Supreme Court order that prohibits use of sun films or any Visual Light Transmission material on safety glasses, windscreens and side glasses of all vehicles throughout the country.

The City police had earlier set May 19 as the deadline.

After June 5, a fine of Rs 300 will be slapped on drivers for violating the rule. Motorists will have to cough up Rs 500 for committing the offence a second time. If the act is repeated for the third time, the police will seize the vehicle.
Old 18th May 2012, 08:28   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Deadline to remove sun films extended to June 5

Extract from the above link:

The Bangalore traffic police have extended the deadline to remove sun films from window screens of cars, to June 5.
I am hoping they will extend it again to end of June.
I am sure we will get a clear picture by July first week when the SC holidays get over. Still now my decision to wait is going good lets hope for the best.
Old 18th May 2012, 09:54   #126
BHPian

Got it done yesterday as i could not ground my car.

I had a 3m film done some 6 months back by spending around 5k.

Now my car looks naked.

Im awaiting another PIL and another Tuglak verdict to remove curtains/windows and doors of my house to ensure national security.
Old 18th May 2012, 10:07   #127
Senior - BHPian

At one point I had mulled the option of putting sun-film on the car. Having seen the experiences of other motorists in Delhi with the cops on this issue, I chose a relatively non-controversial option.... a nice pair of shades and car AC service.
Old 18th May 2012, 10:10   #128
Senior - BHPian

Removed my sun films today, as I would be out of Bangalore over the weekend. It was a 30min DIY. All the sunfilms came off easily without leaving any glue on the glass. No soaking or nothing, just used a small pen knife.

Feels very weird to drive my car now, need to buy some sun shades ASAP.
Old 18th May 2012, 12:27   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Soon they would want everyone to wear 50% VLT clothes when you are in the open.

What about people wearing helmets. Its more like a mask to do criminal things. Next would be ban on wearing helmets when you ride. Go Supreme court Go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai
Im awaiting another PIL and another Tuglak verdict to remove curtains/windows and doors of my house to ensure national security.
HUSH!
Lest the govt actually finds it improves security - no one will be able to conceal arms and armaments!!!
And passes law to implement it.

Last edited by alpha1 : 18th May 2012 at 12:28.
Old 18th May 2012, 12:58   #130
BHPian

My concern is for women itself travelling in cars.

Case 1 ;
Women driving back from office after say 9 or 10pm. Take my word for it, this new rule will spell disaster. There will be 100's of peeping eyes at traffic signals and lots of women drivers will be chased and what not to follow.

Case 2:
While travelling with your family at night you step out to buy something parking your car somewhere and the entire public can see that your 'wife' or girlfriend is ALL ALONE. It boils me down when I think of this.

Case 3:
On long drives we sometime stop over to take a small nap in early hours. Imagine your family (again wife or gf) getting exposed to people around.

We completely lost the privacy. I am totally against this rule. Not to mention the amount of heat and discomfort we will have in summer heat and on highways. A mild sunfilm would provide atleast some kind of privacy for women at night.

At any cost women should come up and protest against this. How could Supreme court be so dump? But as a law abiding citizen and to avoid contempt of court I have removed it.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 18th May 2012 at 13:12.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 13:02   #131

Re: My action on the Sun Film Verdit

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Deadline is 19th May 2012.

Law says no films whatsover. 40% etc. tint guidelines are for vehicle manufacturers only.
Actually, the last date was the 4th of May as per supreme court ruling. Any other date is just a random date picked by the traffic department I suppose.
Old 18th May 2012, 13:05   #132
BHPian

If the only reason for banning the sun films is visibility inside the car, what stops me from driving around with all the windows rolled down??
Old 18th May 2012, 13:11   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
If the only reason for banning the sun films is visibility inside the car, what stops me from driving around with all the windows rolled down??
You are free to do so but not during rains
Old 18th May 2012, 13:15   #134
Senior - BHPian

It's been 8 years that I own my Zen and I never bothered to tint my glasses. I never did anything wrong in my car; then I got married, I still didnt tint the glasses. My son is now 6 months old and the glaring sunlight was burning his beautiful eyes; So, I go to the store, have my glasses tinted as per 70/30 specification and voila, there comes the rule!

I guess i wont mind paying 100 bucks for the first offense. Will remove it later on if strictly enforced. I haven't seen anyone in Mumbai getting penalized.
Old 18th May 2012, 13:19   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
You are free to do so but not during rains
Do you expect cops to stop the car in the rain just to check if my car has sun films installed and that too in Bangalore with no absolute traffic () around when its raining?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks