I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2012, 20:24   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

BTW as many people have suggested that the law is flawed and only a change in it is a permanent solution then may I ask what are the various companies involved in this business not approaching the government for the same? Similarly why can't the media houses ask these questions to the govt? Am pretty sure the govt should not have much trouble and apprehension in changing the law and allowing 50/70 films.
Old 20th August 2012, 21:59   #632
BHPian

We were in Pondicherry last week. The traffic police at the end of the Market street there were stopping cars with tints and ripping them off.
Old 20th August 2012, 22:04   #633
BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

Drove around IRR, Hosur Road and Bannerghata Road with my 70% VLT glasses but "touchwood" nothing happened. Any one with any recent update in Bangalore, which roads needs to be avoided.
Old 20th August 2012, 22:06   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Drove around IRR, Hosur Road and Bannerghata Road with my 70% VLT glasses but "touchwood" nothing happened. Any one with any recent update in Bangalore, which roads needs to be avoided.
With 70% VLT glasses I doubt that anyone would stop you at all. They are pretty transparent and no cop would be able to make it out on a quick glance.
Old 20th August 2012, 23:36   #635
BHPian

Aha...don't be so sure! Mine were 70% VLT, but I was asked to remove them anyway.

Now driving around with all that glue stuck on glass. Wonder how to remove it?
kkdelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 23:38   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Aha...don't be so sure! Mine were 70% VLT, but I was asked to remove them anyway.

You mean to say the cops were actually able to make out your films? Which brand were they from? I was kind of sure that it would be tough for the cops to make out 70% VLT films.
Old 20th August 2012, 23:49   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How did they even manage to find out? Because of the logo prints ?

Quote:
Wet the glue. Using a micro fibre, keep rubbing. If you use "sticker remover" spray, should be easier.
Old 21st August 2012, 00:22   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
You mean to say the cops were actually able to make out your films? Which brand were they from? I was kind of sure that it would be tough for the cops to make out 70% VLT films.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How did they even manage to find out? Because of the logo prints ?
I guess the timing played its part. It was evening, the sun was going down, the barricades were up, my vehicle came between the sun and the curious eyes. "Film lagi hui hai?" I said yes (harishchandra ban gaya). The ever-slight gap between the film's edge and the window's edge would have given it away anyway (when I rolled it down).

Quote:
Wet the glue. Using a micro fibre, keep rubbing. If you use "sticker remover" spray, should be easier.
Where do I get the sticker remover spray? Any commercial removing service available in Delhi?
Old 21st August 2012, 00:44   #639
Senior - BHPian

^^^Simple - just go to a reputed place that installs sunfilms! When I had gone to inquire about new sunfilms, I was quoted Rs. 200 for removing the old film. Don't know what solution or method they use. If someone really wants to try DIY, I'd suggest trying WD40. Have not tried it myself for this particular purpose. Only suggesting as it works on most types of glue. Rubbing and all will likely create scratches, so beware. Or maybe its for the best as then you can get tinted glasses to replace the scratched clear glass.
Old 21st August 2012, 01:26   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
...Rubbing and all will likely create scratches, so beware. Or maybe its for the best as then you can get tinted glasses to replace the scratched clear glass.
As long as you use a dust free micro fibre, it will not create any scratches. But there is some real effort required to rub it off. Service centres / accessories shops might have some solutions for easier removal, though!
Old 21st August 2012, 01:58   #641
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I believe they do. Sounds safer to let the solution do the fighting rather than doing all that rubbing and maybe risk scratching the glass (yes I know I'm pedantic). And I guess you will be wasting a microfiber cloth as well, if not more.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:19   #642
Senior - BHPian

I saw cars being stopped near Kochi during my trip on Aug 15th but I saw many cars with drak tints in TN
Old 21st August 2012, 12:24   #643
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the timing played its part...
Does your car have OEM tinted glasses or clear ones?
Old 21st August 2012, 13:58   #644
BANNED

***Goa Update***

I was in Goa last week and was stopped once near the airport for films. The PC was very courteous. He told me that I would be fined for tints, fined me INR 100.00 with a receipt and let me go after telling me that the receipt is valid for one day.

Post that I faced no incidents at all inspite of being an out of state vehicle in Goa.

On my way back yesterday, I was stopped at Karwar by a lone SI and a PC near the Karwar bay and fined INR 100.00, again courteously and with a receipt.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 14:39   #645
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I guess it's high time we stop trying our luck with the films or hope the films manufacturing companies to try anything against the ruling.

The fine we pay once is sufficient amount (or at least half of what is) paid to the guy removing the tints properly. Why be on the wrong side of law? At least we can hold our head high & confidently claim that the glass is tinted (right from the shop floor) & there are no tints, rather than simile embarrassingly & remove the shades in day light.

Many of us have done it way back, & have been at peace with ourselves since then.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks