Team-BHP - Swift Sport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift Sport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12092-swift-sport-2.html)

Tyre size has been upgraded to 195/50/R16 (V rated) tyres

Guys this car is not going to be launched in India. Its only a gimmick by autocar to fill up its pages. Anyways the next car maruti is looking at is swift - sedan version or a swift - diesel version. Thats what has been written mostly in mags. So chill nothing like this is gonna be here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD_dude
Guys this car is not going to be launched in India. Its only a gimmick by autocar to fill up its pages. Anyways the next car maruti is looking at is swift - sedan version or a swift - diesel version. Thats what has been written mostly in mags. So chill nothing like this is gonna be here.

Dude but when the mags said tht normal swift will be launched in india in 2005 then also most of us said tht such a car will never make it to india atleast under the stable of maruti.
i do think maruti will launch the sport model.i think once i saw jagdish khattar saying tht this model will be launched in limited numbers bydircet imports in an interview in sime channel during autoshow

unlikely it'll ever be launched ... in any case ... if it ever is to be launched ... its not gonna be anywhere close to 125bhp ... mostly due to the fact that it'll have to run on 87 octane ... they probably wont even use the VVTi engine ... they'll make do with the existing baleno engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
I know of a fellow moderator who is dying to pick it up for his fiance.

GTO

and this certain mod would love a gray one with black alloys?

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson
and this certain mod would love a gray one with black alloys?

manson.

Ok i got it. There can only be one possibility :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiero
unlikely it'll ever be launched ... in any case ... if it ever is to be launched ... its not gonna be anywhere close to 125bhp ... mostly due to the fact that it'll have to run on 87 octane ... they probably wont even use the VVTi engine ... they'll make do with the existing baleno engine.

Why wont they use the VVti engine? toyota uses it and vtec from honda is basically the same technology(correct me if i am wrong)

Even if they downgrade it by 10bhp still a 115bhp swiftclap:

theres no chance.....in a country that worries more about fuel efficiency than passenger comfort or safety this car is not bound to be manufactured.....a ckd has the bleakest of chances where a limited edition may come but that is very difficult.....and from a money minded company like maruti that only believes in mass producing more than 10000 units per product a month its the last thing to expect......high volumes or nothing is the motto.....bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
Why wont they use the VVti engine? toyota uses it and vtec from honda is basically the same technology(correct me if i am wrong)

Even if they downgrade it by 10bhp still a 115bhp swiftclap:

it will make the car more expensive,and since it is currently not being used on any other model , and they know they'll have to cut the power anyways . so it might be more feasable make do with the baleno engine ... and increase power on that if they want :)

unfortunately its not gonna make its way to india anytime soon(if ever) , so we will never know what they would have done with it.

Whats the fuss about. Take a Swift ZXi for 5.5 Lakhs and blow 1.5 Lakhs making it like a Sport. Add those tyres that will cost not more then 30K(with exchange for older ones) Change the seats to Recaro, import those lights, and i am sure that the 1.3L engine of the Esteem is more then capable of 125 bhp so in a good set of tune it will give you 125bhp with ease. Stiffen the rear dampers and Voila your there :p

Quote:

That gets me thinkin all over again
Karthik on a seroius note when you planing to show us your Sport? I am sure Maruti wont get that Sport here so rather then that why dont you go ahead and make one? So then others can follow you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
What the fuss about. Take a Swift ZXi for 5.5 Lakhs and blow 1.5 Lakhs making it like a Sport. Add those tyres that will cost not more then 30K(with exchange for older ones) Change the seats to Recaro, import those lights, and i am sure that the 1.3L engine of the Esteem is more then capable of 125 bhp so in a good set of tune it will give you 125bhp. Stiffen the rear dampers and Voila your there :p

That gets me thinkin all over again :D

Checkout these sweet pics
1)http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/26831.jpg
2)http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/26832.jpg
3)http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/26833.jpg

The only point i see for a stock sport swift vs a modifiied zxi is the peace of mind. Donno why but looking at my freinds cars which have been upgraded a bit.. i get the feeling that the indian tuning industry is stil a bit shoddy.

and as for the state of tune, then there will be a drop in power. But not too much considering maruti may consider the fact that 91 RON fuel is available at a reasonable cost...

SO stil eagerly waiting for the swift sport.

PS: no offence meant autopsyche, pete's etc... u guys are one of the good men ;-)

psS:
Power-to-weight116.04 bhp/ton. the car cant be slow. considering the city 1.5 was 100bhp/ton and stil the car was a firecracker.

If your PTW ratios are right then this will whip a RS which has 111 bhp/ton :Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
If your PTW ratios are right then this will whip a RS which has 111 bhp/ton :Cheering:

Yes it will definately, even ACI quoted that in their review. RS owners better watch out

Hatchbacks are hatchbacks and will drive like one:D

well the reviews are out and the car's hot; but will it be launched? or would it be just another teaser?