Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:14   #256
Team-BHP Support

re: *SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Spotted the Brio Diesel Test mule for the third time. Saw this car on Gurgaon-Faridabad road. It was driven at steady 50kph by a XS sized driver, rolled down the window this time again to hear the light clatter. This is the same car KPZen caught on pg.1
Driven at a steady 50 km/h by a XS sized driver. Sounds like a mileage test.

There are rumors floating around saying that it's a 3-pot mill.

Great catch Anshuman.
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:34   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There are rumors floating around saying that it's a 3-pot mill.
Very likely since it will be 3/4 of the 1600. Also, the high diesel noise level heard points to this.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:45   #258
BHPian

Few of the Brio owners in Bangalore, were called for a group discussion last weekend by a marketing research company for Honda. This could be to collect inputs for the next version of Brio.
omatunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 08:25   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto
Few of the Brio owners in Bangalore, were called for a group discussion last weekend by a marketing research company for Honda. This could be to collect inputs for the next version of Brio.
What was the discussion about, specifically? Or were you just asked to give your points of change/improvement, and then leave? Did they indicate whether this was for the petrol or the diesel version? Any ETA on the diesel's launch?
Old 17th July 2012, 09:00   #260
BANNED

Talked to the GM-Sales of the local Honda dealership. He confirms that the Petrol AT will be launched during the festival season this year. Any specs of the creature comforts, etc.?
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 09:53   #261
BHPian

One of the service center in Delhi confirmed me that Brio Diesel will be launching on Diwali. I hope it is not going to be too late for Honda.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:41   #262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
.... Petrol AT .....Any specs of the creature comforts, etc.?
Checked on the Thai site. Could not figure out head or tail, but saw almost all features ticked, so should hopefully be fully loaded.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:35   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
One of the service center in Delhi confirmed me that Brio Diesel will be launching on Diwali. I hope it is not going to be too late for Honda.
Recent discussion with service manager at Hallmark Honda mentioned that Honda has planned to launch the diesel power plant for all their current models. Already informed the Sales/service teams to be prepared.

Brio, Jazz, City and Civic would have diesel engines launched by Dec-2012.

Earlier they had some plans of doing it in 2013 but based on feedback from customers they have done work on war footing.

It is a completely new engine developed for Indian markets. Regarding the prices it would be based on the diesel pricing policy set by government. However, it would be at least more than 50K expensive than the petrol models.

Cheers
MKPI
Old 18th July 2012, 20:41   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar

However, it would be at least more than 50K expensive than the petrol models.
Sir I do not think all the above models will get Diesel Engines as early as Dec2012. Brio and Jazz can get 1.2 L iDTEC and may be available by Oct-Nov '12. But City and Civic needs 1.6L iDTEC which needs lot of testing on Indian Roads and this may happen by first quarter of 2013.
Usually all car manufactuers price diesel engines by a Lakh rupees higher, if we get Honda iDTEC for 50K more than iVTEC, it will surely be a hit. Cheers.
Old 18th July 2012, 20:53   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
There is a possibility for Brio to get the 1.2 D by this year end. I highly doubt if City will get a diesel in '12 since its Next Gen Model will be launched next year ( Current Gen City was launched in '08). Not sure what plans Honda has for the Civic as it doesnt have any plans to launch Next Gen Civic in India .
Old 19th July 2012, 10:16   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
There is a possibility for Brio to get the 1.2 D by this year end. I highly doubt if City will get a diesel in '12 since its Next Gen Model will be launched next year ( Current Gen City was launched in '08). Not sure what plans Honda has for the Civic as it doesnt have any plans to launch Next Gen Civic in India .
The discussion came up when I was enquiring about ongoing discounts on Civic, to which he replied that Civic production has been stopped and they do not have any available. The new Civic is to be launched with diesel variant along with diesel for City, Brio, Jazz..

Seems to be an ambitious target, but with Honda you never know may be the giant has woken up !!

Either way Honda refinement and Diesel combo would be wonderful choice for Customers !!

Cheers
MKPI
Old 19th July 2012, 11:35   #267
BHPian

Homzard in his twitter account had replied to someone that the Brio Diesel would be coming around mid 2013.

A bit off topic : I am going to buy the Brio within a week or two. So how credible is the chance of it being launched by Diwali ?
Old 19th July 2012, 11:55   #268
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Homzard in his twitter account had replied to someone that the Brio Diesel would be coming around mid 2013.

A bit off topic : I am going to buy the Brio within a week or two. So how credible is the chance of it being launched by Diwali ?
I will trust Hormazd on this. On the AT he said Deepawali, and the dealer confirmed festival season (quickest will be Navaratra before Dussehra). So a discrepancy of a month at most.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 12:23   #269
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up . Although I must correct myself that he had replied that about any honda and not specifically honda brio (his reply dated 10/07/2012)
Old 20th July 2012, 18:33   #270
BHPian

Hello
Today while having gone to get my city serviced, was inquiring about the brio diesel since ive already booked the petrol one however havent taken delivery as im also waiting for the diesel to be announced.

I told the dealership that i had read on tbhp about a diwali launch of Brio diesel. They said production had started but stopped again.(i couldnt get them to speak in detail about this)
They are postponing the launch to late 2012 or early 2013.

I dont know how credible the info is since he maybe wanting to sell off the petrol versions due to the low sales of Honda cars this year. Even the dealerships are pressing Honda for launching the diesel version sooner to see a boost in their sales for 2012.

Its just going to be a wait and watch game then.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 20th July 2012 at 18:35.

Most Viewed