Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 12:26   #106
BHPian

Re: Swift Catches fire: Owner Dies

https://oss.bmw.de/rettungsleitfaden...l_BMW_Mini.pdf on page 25, lays down standard glasses. I think as a precautionary measure, all of us should check the glasses in our respective cars, and determine which is of which kind, and hence which glass would be optimum to break in case of an emergency. Front windscreen glass is apparently a general no.

Thank god for the no lamination rule in place now - this can probably save lives.
Old 4th February 2013, 17:09   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Thank god for the no lamination rule in place now - this can probably save lives.
I believe all the cars sold in India have laminated windshield, which means the glass can crack on impact but will be hard to break due to the middle layer.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:02   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I believe all the cars sold in India have laminated windshield, which means the glass can crack on impact but will be hard to break due to the middle layer.
Was talking about sun film on the side windows.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

The fire usually starts from the engine compartment, would it even make sense to break the front window and try and jump off the bonnet. Getting out from the side windows would be fastest, even if not the safest (compared to getting out from rear).

What about the tool-kit that comes with the car, though there's no hammer in it but maybe a power blow with the spanner can break the side windows. Still I think that using one's legs to break the side windows would probably be the best way out, in absence of a hammer or similar tool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks