Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Autocar Young Driver Contest 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Autocar Young Driver Contest 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/121229-maruti-suzuki-autocar-young-driver-contest-2012-a.html)

Maruti Suzuki Autocar Young Driver Contest 2012-young-driver.jpg

Autocar India & Maruti Suzuki have launched their nationwide hunt for the safest driver on Indian roads. The contest, which is in its fourth year, aims to encourage a culture of safe driving amongst the Indian youth. The competition tests the participants knowledge of traffic rules, awareness of road safety and their real-world driving skills.

Highlights:
What’s new in 2012?
To register online, log on to: AutocarIndia Young Driver 2012

The contest will be held in four phases:

Phase 1 – Participants who have registered on Young Driver 2012 or via Facebook.com can take the Online Theory Test in the form of a quiz. They will be tested on their knowledge of traffic rules, awareness of road safety & driving regulations. The last date for this phase is 8th June 2012.

Phase 2 – A Skill test will be conducted in this round, which will comprise of a Driving test at any one of the Maruti Driving Schools (MDS) spread across 42 major cities of the country. Based on the candidates performance in the skill tests at the MDS, 20 finalists will be identified for the 3rd round. This phase will start on 13th June 2012 and will be held till the 30th of June 2012.

Phase 3 – The 20 finalists will be flown in to Delhi for the Grand Finale. In this round, candidates will be evaluated at the Institute of Driving and Traffic Research (IDTR), New Delhi. Candidates will be evaluated on 20 parameters pertaining to safety, vehicle control, theory knowledge and its application while driving.

Phase 4 – The winner will be crowned the ‘Maruti Suzuki – Autocar Young Driver of the year 2012’. He will also become the Ambassador of Safe Driving and will take home a brand new Maruti Suzuki A-Star!

Related threads:

I just completed the test. Unfortunately they don't tell you the points that you have got. Being on the other side of 30, i can only look forward to the theory contest :Cheering: Nice initiative ! I wish the actual learner's test questions were of such high standard.

I gave this test, some 4 days back, when i saw regarding this on autocar page on FB. Waiting for the results, hope to get selected in this.

I must say nice initiative by autocar, looking forward for phase 2.

Cheers :)
Sameer

Me too gave the online test and awaiting results. Last year had cleared the frist level (online test) and was invited for the second round at MDS; however could not make it as there was some confusion in regards to the location. Anyways, lets hope I get to level two this time around!

All the best to everyone who has participated and is going to participate!

Just gave the test. Was fun. Hope that brings me one step closer to the A-Star :D.

I've been participating in this competition since 2010 and i must tell you that the people who valuate the young drivers are these bunch of i-know-driving-i-can-teach-you sort of people who mainly valuate your driving skills on a stupid driving simulator. Some member here paid the "teacher" 500Rs to make him skip to the next level. :Frustrati

Did the test almost a week back, Would someone call me to give the updates? or are we suppose to follow up somewhere?

I got a mail today that I am selected for the second round and should report at a maruti driving school within a week for a driving test :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by prkiran (Post 2817921)
I got a mail today that I am selected for the second round and should report at a maruti driving school within a week for a driving test :D

No mail for me till now, anyone else got any mail regarding this ??

I gave the test way long back, and didn't got any mail till now, looks like i didn't qualified the test.

But don't they send mail even if one fails the first round ??

Cheers,
Sameer

I also got selected for the second round. But I dont think I will be going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 2818122)
I also got selected for the second round. But I dont think I will be going.

Hey congratsclap:, you are that much more closer to winning the competition and I really think you should give it a shot just for fun. I know you love your Punto too much to care about a new A-Star but seriously if you do win 1 you are welcome to gift the car to melol:.

Me too got the shortlisted for the second round of test and have registered for it online. Though there is still confusion because after logging on to the AutoCar India website, it says "Contest Closed"!! :) Anyways, it has taken my registration. Hope history does not repeat itself. Last year even after registering, my name was not with the MDS guys, so had to give it a pass.

Back after giving the driving test. The instructor gave me a lot of gyaan on how unsafe my driving position is with the seat pushed all the way back and what should be the right way of holding the steering while making U-turns :D Not expecting a shortlist for the final round with this 'performance' stupid:
Other BHPians who gave the test please share your experiences.

I too got selected for the next round and will be visiting MDS on 25th June. Will be updating after I finish with my driving test.

I too have got selected and will be appearing for the skill test on Friday. Any idea on how the test is set? Which car should we drive? My MDS is mandovi motors. Have taken the 1550hrs slot.