Team-BHP - 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/121235-2014-mahindra-scorpio-facelift-w105-edit-now-launched-rs-7-98-lakhs-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyFreak (Post 3317330)
Just saw this in flesh in ecity bangalore.

Overall dimensions looked same. GC seemed less.
Interiors looked different, no more round ac vents, now its going to be square.
That's all could not makeout more as it was dark.

I hope they don't mess up the basic DNA of the Scorp, man! Guys are expecting an increase in GC, and here they are reducing it. I hope they have an aftermarket accessory to restore it. So much for hoodwinking the taxman! Things will surely become clearer in the Auto Expo. Lot of people are holding back and waiting for the W105, which is evident by the (upto) 55 K benefits being offered by Mahindra (Ref: TOI Delhi Edition Dt. 10th or 11th Dec)

Saw this vehicle last week under test in Pune. With the camouflage it looks the exact same Scorpio that it is right now. The height of the vehicle if all seemed smaller but no other give away since the car was on the opposite side and could barely notice it for 3 seconds

Few pics of the Scorpio undergoing emission testing in Chennai (courtesy Anything on Wheels):

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofaceliftchennai.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofaceliftchennaiexhaust.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofaceliftchennairearquarter1024x773.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofaceliftchennaispied1024x765.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3318030)
Few pics of the Scorpio undergoing emission testing in Chennai (courtesy Anything on Wheels):

Attachment 1177392

Is it just me or it seems that they have shaved some bit off the rear differential pumpkin - the current generation's Achilles' heel, for improved GC maybe?

I am kind of confused. If this is just a facelift, why are we having a different thread title? From some posts, the all new Scorpio will be coming late in 2015 or even 2016. Or will this be like the Storme where they have all new chassis, but the same shell?

If this is just a facelift, I think it's time that we edit the thread title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puneet.S (Post 3318089)
Is it just me or it seems that they have shaved some bit off the rear differential pumpkin - the current generation's Achilles' heel, for improved GC maybe?

I all these pics above the GC seems to be quite the same as it is now, you're probably right about the differential though.

Partially Off Topic but realted

Mahindra has now launched a limited version of the Scorpio Special Edition. They claim only 500 would be made.

It is purely cosmetic only in the form of European Leather seats, Chrome Alloy wheels, Roof mount DVD player, Leather wrappen Steering and Gear & "Shiny" central bezel. :Frustrati

This is an effort to gauge the market response for these cosmetic things and so as to ascertain, whether the new/facelift scorpio should adron these fittings.

Surpirsngly, It does NOT Come with 4X4. Limited edition should be in reality built on the top model of any car and offer some features that are not otherwise avaiable (example Sun-roof)

Few more pics, this time the interiors too, courtesy MotorVikatan:

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofront1024x793.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiotestmuleinterior1024x699.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiotestmulerear.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiotestmulerearthreequarter1024x706.jpg

From the most recent pic, looks like the indicators have moved inwards on the headlamps, unlike the previous version. All said and done, the interiors of the base version as pictured above still have the cheap door pads!

The dashboard is also different, there doesn't seem to be a scooped out cubby hole on the dash on the passenger side.

I personally am looking forward to two things

3rd Row AC Vents like in the Xylo and more plush ride. Current gen scorpios make me feel every imperfection/bump in the road:deadhorse

Good points from the recent pictures:Bad points:

For me, This looks like the previous gen Scorpio's rear door with more masculine look,

But for sure the door pads looks ugly (no offense to anyone)

But, as a next gen Mahindra should work on the fuel efficiency and body roll which is playing the keyrole for the compact SUVs nowadays.

IMO there will be mechanical changes. Otherwise there will be no need of such lengthy road tests for a mere face lift & interior changes.

I am hoping it's the suspension that's being changed above all else please:

Is it just me or does this camoflauged car look longer than the current Scorpio?? Maybe they'll pass on some of the current generation's Scorpio goodies down to the Bolero!! (Please dont pass on the Scorp suspension- but everything else would be good)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 3321646)
[*]No improvement in rear leg space (expected!)[*]El-cheap door pads in the base version[/list]

I hope they offer Captain seat style 7 seater option off the shelf.

Mahindra MIGHT change the door cards as it is a cosmetic accessory only and does not affect performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trtraj (Post 3321717)
But for sure the door pads looks ugly (no offense to anyone)

Mahindra MIGHT change the door cards as it is a cosmetic accessory only and does not affect performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph03nix (Post 3322014)
IMO there will be mechanical changes. Otherwise there will be no need of such lengthy road tests for a mere face lift & interior changes.

I am hoping it's the suspension that's being changed above all else please:

I wish the suspension is changed and we don't feel the imperfections on the road :)