Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 09:56   #256
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Post # 242. First Picture! The car on the left of the Scorpio also has a Red Numberplate signifying it is a pre-production test variant. Can anyone confirm what that car is? Logic says Mahindra Rexton. Eyes say Koleos!
It is indeed the Renault Koleos!
Old 8th April 2014, 10:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Post # 242. First Picture! The car on the left of the Scorpio also has a Red Numberplate signifying it is a pre-production test variant. Can anyone confirm what that car is? Logic says Mahindra Rexton. Eyes say Koleos!
Its a Renault Koleos
Old 8th April 2014, 15:43   #258
BHPian

This must be the longest running test vehicle in the world. with no apparent changes to mechanicals or wheelbase what are Mahindra trying to test?
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 18:11   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
with no apparent changes to mechanicals or wheelbase what are Mahindra trying to test?
Suppose M&M might be testing the Scorpio in its new state of tune which should ensure that their vehicles meet Euro-V/BSV norms. Wish they launch it by the Q3 right in time for the festival season this year.
Old 8th April 2014, 23:30   #260
BHPian

With a budget of around 10lakhs (under CLC only), I had zeroed on Scorpio for a big family of mine. I would like to buy it by 01 June and its unlikely that this test Scorpio would be launched by then. Really divided whether to go ahead or not.

Also for the scorpio veterans, under a CLC a 7 seater is only allowed and not the 8 seater. I really don't like the side facing back seats. Anant dealer sales representative said that he can offer 2 captain seats in the middle and 3 front facing seat in the 3rd row. I get the impression that this will be fixed by the dealer and not as shipped by Mahindra. How good will be the fit and finish in such a Scorpio?
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 11:18   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
With a budget of around 10lakhs (under CLC only), I had zeroed on Scorpio for a big family of mine. I would like to buy it by 01 June and its unlikely that this test Scorpio would be launched by then. Really divided whether to go ahead or not.

Also for the scorpio veterans, under a CLC a 7 seater is only allowed and not the 8 seater. I really don't like the side facing back seats. Anant dealer sales representative said that he can offer 2 captain seats in the middle and 3 front facing seat in the 3rd row. I get the impression that this will be fixed by the dealer and not as shipped by Mahindra. How good will be the fit and finish in such a Scorpio?
Captain seats are optional from M&M, not fitted by the dealer.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 11:39   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Captain seats are optional from M&M, not fitted by the dealer.
Thanks for the information. It helps me in taking the call
Old 9th April 2014, 13:30   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information. It helps me in taking the call

I too disliked side facing rear seats. However Scorpio 4wd was only available in combinations of 7-seats only (captain seat middle row or 3-seater middle row with side facing rear seats). I got the vehicle in the captain seat layout. The 3-seat middle row (1 2-seater seat and another single seater seat) was added at dealerpoint with the help of Mahindra (I bought them and kept captain seats at home). The there is no issue with fit and finish, everything is standard. It all depends on how much you can bargain for before paying anything.
Old 9th April 2014, 14:09   #264
BHPian

Quote:

The seats come factory fitted.
However I do have a word of caution.
Make the decision based on the size of your family. With the captain seats, if it's 4, then they'll be seated in superlative comfort, but if it's 5, then the 5th person ends up sitting in the 3rd row, which is not the most comfortable place to be for obvious reasons. So in that situation, you'll be better off with a conventional 2+3+2 seater.
Old 9th April 2014, 16:44   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Make the decision based on the size of your family. With the captain seats, if it's 4, then they'll be seated in superlative comfort, but if it's 5, then the 5th person ends up sitting in the 3rd row, which is not the most comfortable place to be for obvious reasons
I personally would prefer to be seated alone in the thrid row bench rather than get sandwiched in the second row bench. I assume that all ACs are running in full speed.
Old 9th April 2014, 20:18   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
This must be the longest running test vehicle in the world. with no apparent changes to mechanicals or wheelbase what are Mahindra trying to test?
After such a long wait for the facelifted scorpio, I for one, am expecting that M&M may launch an all new scorpio rather than just a facelift.. otherwise so much testing doesn't make sense. I hope they don't mess with the basic DNA. Like someone said he spotted a lessened suspension travel and a lower body, this may improve the ride but will definitely hamper the off road ability which a true blue SUV is made for, would it not? Want a nice ride? go for Duster/Ecosport. Want to conquer mountains? Gimme a 4x4 Scorpio, any day.
Old 10th April 2014, 00:10   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Make the decision based on the size of your family. With the captain seats, if it's 4, then they'll be seated in superlative comfort, but if it's 5, then the 5th person ends up sitting in the 3rd row, which is not the most comfortable place to be for obvious reasons. So in that situation, you'll be better off with a conventional 2+3+2 seater.
Most often it will me+wifey+parents+3 1/2 year daughter. The captain seats in the middle row actually solves my problem. The 2+3+2 combination basically renders the last 2 in side-facing which I am somehow now comfortable. For all that I know, the side-facing seats may be comfortable after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I too disliked side facing rear seats. However Scorpio 4wd was only available in combinations of 7-seats only (captain seat middle row or 3-seater middle row with side facing rear seats). I got the vehicle in the captain seat layout. The 3-seat middle row (1 2-seater seat and another single seater seat) was added at dealerpoint with the help of Mahindra (I bought them and kept captain seats at home). The there is no issue with fit and finish, everything is standard. It all depends on how much you can bargain for before paying anything.
Don't you have to register the change from 7 seater to 8 seater unless the dealer sent it as 8 seater during the RTO registration itself. I need to find out how much I can bargain as the room for LX may be limited. I must admit that I will be happy to settle for 2+3+3 at no or nominal extra cost. Glad to find that even the dealers are able to deliver factory finish arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I personally would prefer to be seated alone in the thrid row bench rather than get sandwiched in the second row bench. I assume that all ACs are running in full speed.
Agree with you Scorpio Bharath. It is with the same perspective that I would like to go for 2+2+3 combination. I will certainly update of the buying process. It will be by end of May though and I can't wait to put my hands on the beast.

Thanks all for the inputs.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 01:04   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For all that I know, the side-facing seats may be comfortable after all.

Don't you have to register the change from 7 seater to 8 seater unless the dealer sent it as 8 seater during the RTO registration itself.

Agree with you Scorpio Bharath. It is with the same perspective that I would like to go for 2+2+3 combination. I will certainly update of the buying process. It will be by end of May though and I can't wait to put my hands on the beast.

Thanks all for the inputs.
Dear PNTLovesNano - Trust me Last row side facing seats are NOT comfortable at all. I unfortunately get to travel by last row seats as I am th last pickup person in my office cab. I get neck pain and also a sense of vomiting by sitting there, not to mention lack of AC/Air. Please buy front facing seats only.

The rule says that RTO endorsement is as per manufacturer standards. If the scorpio leaves the factory as an 8 seater, it must be reregistered as one, even if the dealer has retrofit captain seats or DC has fit their 2 seater Lounge kit. Ideally no one will catch and fine you, but I feel its is better to follow the rule rather than repent later. Even if RTO A is corrupt and approves and aftermarket MOD without paperwork, there is a chance RTO B catches you fines you. Unfortunately, this is India where laws never favour common man.

Yes - should be a 2+2 anyday. Captain seats give me a pseudo sense of luxury/upmarketness.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 10th April 2014 at 01:11.
Old 10th April 2014, 05:29   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't you have to register the change from 7 seater to 8 seater unless the dealer sent it as 8 seater during the RTO registration itself. I need to find out how much I can bargain as the room for LX may be limited. I must admit that I will be happy to settle for 2+3+3 at no or nominal extra cost. Glad to find that even the dealers are able to deliver factory finish arrangement.
I guess the others when replying probably did not consider that you are going for the LX version. I believe you may not be able to go for a captain seat arrangement on the LX in standard form as the interior trim is very different from the SLE and VLX. Unless you go in for a seat covers change for standardization on all the seats, the captain seats would end up looking like an eyesore from the otherwise bland cabin trim.

I suggest speak with your dealer and see how they plan to go about this arrangement.
Old 10th April 2014, 20:52   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I guess the others when replying probably did not consider that you are going for the LX version. I believe you may not be able to go for a captain seat arrangement on the LX in standard form as the interior trim is very different from the SLE and VLX. Unless you go in for a seat covers change for standardization on all the seats, the captain seats would end up looking like an eyesore from the otherwise bland cabin trim.
I suggest speak with your dealer and see how they plan to go about this arrangement.
The dealer would fit captain seats * 3rd row bench instead of the 2nd row bench and jump seats in LX. Probably they would add a brown or a Red/Maroon seat cover to compensate the dull and bland LX interiors.

It might be worth giving a try with Mahindra Customer care if they could offer captain seats on the LX (Manufacture on request). Most Scorpios sold are jump seat versions or 8 seater versions. Mahindra would be keen to move the stocks of captain seats from their inventory/storage too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks