Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 18:01   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
In almost all spy shots the forward facing 3rd row of seats are missing and side facing seats are placed instead. Is Mahindra going to omit this and put side facing seats at the rear? Hope they won't do that. Has anybody seen the forward facing seats in any spy shots?
Don't think they will change the seat config. You will get the seating options as you get them today.

I just hope they retain the automatic variant at the time of launch. Anyone has any confirmed info about this ?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th August 2014 at 22:52. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
livewire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 00:27   #377
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

They have definetely lost me as a customer for sure. After driving a Scorpio VLX 4WD for 3.5 years now I am appaled with its quality and reliability. Frequent failures, poor engineering.

At the moment I have driven it just 27000 KM.

After driving it for another year to 15 months at most I am determined to upgrade to an A/T 4WD Toyota Fortuner. Which will be the 2016 model currently under development in Thailand. This one will be with a 6 speed A/T.

Last edited by desertfox : 18th August 2014 at 00:55.
Old 18th August 2014, 02:56   #378
Team-BHP Support

New Mahindra Scorpio (W105) coming in 2014? EDIT: Fresh pictures on Page 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
They have definetely lost me as a customer for sure. After driving a Scorpio VLX 4WD for 3.5 years now I am appaled with its quality and reliability. Frequent failures, poor engineering.

After driving it for another year to 15 months at most I am determined to upgrade to an A/T 4WD Toyota Fortuner. Which will be the 2016 model currently under development in Thailand. This one will be with a 6 speed A/T.

Bit OT: As of now, Fortuner AT comes only with the rear wheel drive configuration. Are you sure there is a 4WD automatic planned?

And even if it is there in the international market, will our people launch it here? Putting 4WD and AT in one spec sheet doesn't seem to please the accountants that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 18th August 2014, 03:50   #379

Many Scorpio taxis in Leh have reported some part of the front suspension cracking on either or both sides. Its a known defect probably due to being front heavy and going over rough roads in Ladakh. Mahindra has ignored it due to the defect being concentrated mainly in Ladakh and maybe other hilly regions. My brother's scorpio (private use) also experienced a broken front suspension while driving and luckily it was on low speed (20/30 kmph) with no other vehicles on the road. He lost control of the vehicle as it slumped on the right side and hit a side wall. He was very thankful it did not happen at higher speeds or any other vehicle around. Took it to the local Mahindra service station and saw there were cracks on the other side of the suspensions component too. Also he has low mileage and is sued only for few months in the summer.
Old 18th August 2014, 10:36   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimog View Post
Many Scorpio's in Ladakh have reported some component of the front suspension cracking and eventually breaking apart. My brother's 2012 scorpio (low mileage and used only for a few months in summer) experienced a completely broken suspension while driving and it totally slumped the vehicle on one side. Luckily he was going only 20/30 kmph and there were no other vehicles on the road. He hit a side wall. Its a known defect especially in Ladakh but Mahindra has chosen to ignore it.
That is very scary indeed. It will help if you post some pics of the exact component which, you say, is prone to failure. I am eagerly looking forward to new Scorpio launch and if the price of AT variant is good I might even buy one. But, now your post worries me a bit. Would love to see views of other Scorpio-owners on this one.
Old 18th August 2014, 10:38   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Bit OT: As of now, Fortuner AT comes only with the rear wheel drive configuration. Are you sure there is a 4WD automatic planned?

And even if it is there in the international market, will our people launch it here? Putting 4WD and AT in one spec sheet doesn't seem to please the accountants that much!
According to Autocar India TKM is planning to launch the AT with 4WD and also a base version with 2.5 L D4D engine.

Here is the link.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ar-386226.aspx
Toyota Fortuner with 2.5-litre engine coming this year
New 2.5-litre engine for base variant of the Toyota Fortuner; 3.0-litre 4WD range topping version to get automatic transmission.

Ofcourse whether people will buy the AT with 4WD which gives least mileage is anybody's guess.
Old 18th August 2014, 10:53   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many Scorpio taxis in Leh have reported some part of the front suspension cracking on either or both sides.
Which Scorpio variant is this? 2.6, 2.2 or the Ex variant with m2Dicr engine? Please provide specifics.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 18th August 2014, 11:18   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Which Scorpio variant is this? 2.6, 2.2 or the Ex variant with m2Dicr engine? Please provide specifics.

Cheers,
Vikram

I should have mentioned that this problem might be unique to Ladakh due to certain areas having bad roads filled with rocks and ruts and other obstacles in that high altitude area. Driving in the plains might not put too much stress on the front suspension components. We had to weld it (Mahindra dealer in Ladakh said it requires a special weld and there was one welder nearby who had that type of weld/equipment). Found out that he has welded that type of suspension cracks for many Scorpios of Ladakh. Now it seems to be fine though we check it after driving for a while over rough terrain

Its a 2.2 MHawk SLE. Don't have pics of the failed component and neither do I remember the technical name.

Mods - sorry for the previous double post.
unimog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 12:45   #384
Senior - BHPian

From the interior pics that are all over the internet, i Think Mahindra is NOT offering 3rd row AC vents. I was expecting Xylo / XUV like vents for the 3rd row passengers.

Will wait for the official specs to decide further.
Old 19th August 2014, 09:09   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I should have mentioned that this problem might be unique to Ladakh due to certain areas having bad roads filled with rocks and ruts and other obstacles in that high altitude area. Driving in the plains might not put too much stress on the front suspension components. We had to weld it (Mahindra dealer in Ladakh said it requires a special weld and there was one welder nearby who had that type of weld/equipment).
I don't think altitude will have any say in suspension components. And while Ladakh is unique, Scorpios everywhere go through very bad and treacherous roads. I don't think this issue has come up elsewhere as well.

Maybe a more detailed post (with pictures) will illustrate better & help us to understand
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 13:29   #386
Senior - BHPian

If not I will settle for a 4WD with M/T maybe the A/T 4x4 will not be launched here at the moment it is not there but what i would love is a full time 4wd with A/T with a central diffrential lock as I had earlier in my Prado and Landcruiser 100.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:00   #387
Senior - BHPian

My cousin who works for one of the suppliers to M&M confirmed that production of new Scorpio has started already. It will be launched in September most probably. Before festive season i.e. Diwali for sure. I am expecting lot of changes with aggressive pricing. Hope for the best
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:12   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As they say to each his own.
Though not a 4WD;our 4+ Year Scorpio SLE with 60K+ on odo,has never visited the aftersales, apart from regular service and fused bulbs.
Old 20th August 2014, 14:17   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After driving a Scorpio VLX 4WD for 3.5 years now I am appaled with its quality and reliability. Frequent failures, poor engineering.
Quote:
... I had earlier in my Prado and Landcruiser 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
As they say to each his own.
Though not a 4WD;our 4+ Year Scorpio SLE with 60K+ on odo,has never visited the aftersales, apart from regular service and fused bulbs.
akshay, We need to see this in the context of desertfox's experiences. While some things might be acceptable to you and me, it might not be to him - given his frame of reference.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:20   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
akshay, We need to see this in the context of desertfox's experiences. While some things might be acceptable to you and me, it might not be to him - given his frame of reference.
I agree,you cannot compare a Scorpio to a TLC.
But a breakdown or a failure will cause the same agony,be it any vehicle
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks