Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 00:23   #451

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Got the mailer, I am going to drop by the dealer in Gurgaon and see what he has on offer. The Koncept Delhi guy didnt know what i was talking about. Atleast a good view on the pricing should be available by end of day.

Too bad if there is just White on offer to begin with, hoping to trade in my trusty old black with a shiny new one.
Old 15th September 2014, 00:46   #452
BHPian

New Mahindra Scorpio with all-new chassis, gearbox to be launched on 25-Sep-14

New Mahindra Scorpio to get all-new chassis, gearbox. Launch on 25-Sep-14, claims this article from Autocar India. A small excerpt from the article posted below for a quick reference.

Quote:
The engine is a carryover from the previous Scorpio so you get the 2.2-litre mHawk turbo-diesel which delivers 120bhp and 29.57kgm of torque. However, the gearbox is all-new and the Scorpio is the first recipient of M&M’s newly developed 320MT five-speed transmission which promises a much better shift than before.

The big news, however, is an all-new body-on-frame chassis which underpins the new Scorpio. Again, the Scorpio will be the first recipient of M&M’s next-gen ladder chassis which uses hydroforming to give it a stiffer, more lightweight design. According sources in M&M, the new chassis has completely transformed the dynamics of the Scorpio to give it far better ride and handling. In fact, because of its high centre of gravity and tall proportions, the previous Scorpio had poor dynamics which M&M engineers claim to have finally sorted out.

M&M is likely to price the new Scorpio around Rs 30,000 more (ex-showroom) than the outgoing model when it goes on sale at the end of the month.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 09:54   #453
Senior - BHPian

Wow end of the month is a pretty tall claim, but I bet they will have some good source rather than create sensation, we will just have to wait and watch. This is surely going to be a quite launch.
Old 15th September 2014, 10:19   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Have received the following mailer from M & M. It seems that they are targetting the existing Scorpio owners with this marketing activity of advance booking. No details about the car nor anything about the launch date. Only thing that can be gauged is that the new one will have those killer DRLs.

Attachment 1287654
Is it just me, or have they given the new Scorpio eyebrows
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-new-scorpio-v2.jpg

I guess will have to wait for the reveal to figure out how the entire design looks as a whole.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:19   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
More butch but less safe. Monocoques absorb impact a lot better:
I see your point of Monocoques design VS Ladder Chassis, But is right to compare a Scorpio to an old station wagon ?

Wonder as Scorpio is exported to other countries, did it go through a Ncap testing ? .

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th September 2014 at 12:14. Reason: edited to remove video from quoted post
Old 15th September 2014, 11:52   #456
BHPian

"Motorbeam" seems to have detailed information on variants and features.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/mahind...in-5-variants/
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 12:10   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Have received the following mailer from M & M. It seems that they are targetting the existing Scorpio owners with this marketing activity of advance booking. No details about the car nor anything about the launch date. Only thing that can be gauged is that the new one will have those killer DRLs.
Got the mailer, would have been a bonus to get some major discounts as a part of this mailer
Old 15th September 2014, 12:17   #458
BHPian

It looks like our Team-BHP mods are going to have their hands full for the next couple of weeks reviewing all the upcoming cars: Facelift Scorpio, facelift Vento, new Ciaz, and the facelifted Swift. Looking forward to it.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:33   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
I see your point of Monocoques design VS Ladder Chassis, But is right to compare a Scorpio to an old station wagon ?

Wonder as Scorpio is exported to other countries, did it go through a Ncap testing ? .
I wasn't comparing the Scorpio to the old station wagon, just stating a fact that modern monocoques may not look sturdy but they do a very good job in a head-on crash.

About the Scorpio, the pick-up version was tested by ANCAP - http://www.ancap.com.au/pdf/470.PDF

It got three stars and a poor pedestrian safety rating.

The same place crash-test rated the XUV 500 at four stars:
http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=475
Old 15th September 2014, 13:06   #460
BHPian

The Ad says " new generation Scorpio", I thought the new generation Scorpio was not due till 2016-17? If this is indeed the new generation Scorpio then we may have to live with the same design for next 10 years atleast.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:49   #461
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam claims a new "hydroformed" chassis similar to what Tata claims for the Aria and the Storme. I wonder what this "hydroformed' thingy is all about ?
Old 15th September 2014, 13:55   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
The Ad says " new generation Scorpio", I thought the new generation Scorpio was not due till 2016-17? If this is indeed the new generation Scorpio then we may have to live with the same design for next 10 years atleast.
New Chassis, New Gear Box, New front grille, new front bumper, new headlights, new steering, new bonnet, new dashboard, new tail lights...etc

Isn't it "New Generation Scorpio"?
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 14:20   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Motorbeam claims a new "hydroformed" chassis similar to what Tata claims for the Aria and the Storme. I wonder what this "hydroformed' thingy is all about ?
Check this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroforming

From the customer's perspective, it results in a lighter but more rigid chassis.
Old 15th September 2014, 14:55   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
This is a refresh, no major design changes from the current model. If you see the front profile in the mailer, there are no changes which includes the roof ribbing, rails and front mounted antenna (which is a pain once it loosens and no amount of fixing can prevent rain water coming in the cabin, the only option is MSeal.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:35   #465
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
"Motorbeam" seems to have detailed information on variants and features.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/mahind...in-5-variants/

So the S6 is aka SLE, but loses out on the ABS. That'd be quite a travesty, considering that it was also a reason why many people opted for the SLE on the first place. Again, we have to take the info with a pick of salt until it is out in the open from the official stable.

I would however dearly loved to see ABS standard across the variants and the airbags optional uptil S6. Let's wait and watch!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks