Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 17:16   #466
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

I have been chasing this for a while and out of sheer curiosity visited the showroom today-

We are pleased to inform that there is a Pre Booking facility available for the New Generation Scorpio.

• Pre booking facility is available for your favorite New Generation Scorpio.

• Presently Customers can pre book as per their choice of Variant, Color & Seating Option.

• You can pre book by paying Rs 20000/-. Deliveries would be prioritized as per the bookings.

• Pre booking customer needs to sign an undertaking as mentioned below.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2014 at 01:06.
Miyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:52   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an SMS from my M&M dealer that booking for New Generation Scorpio is open.

As per the SMS booking for next 3 days (15- 17 Sep) is open exclusively for Scorpio owners, I don't think this will be the case since I myself is not a Scorpio owner and have received SMS.

No other details mentioned in the SMS.
Old 15th September 2014, 18:19   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
I have been chasing this for a while and out of sheer curiosity visited the showroom today-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Got an SMS from my M&M dealer that booking for New Generation Scorpio is open.As per the SMS booking for next 3 days (15- 17 Sep) is open exclusively for Scorpio owners, I don't think this will be the case since I myself is not a Scorpio owner and have received SMS.
As an owner of the Scorpio (6 years) and in the market for a replacement now, I would suggest a wait and watch policy and see how the first couple of lots perform on the road.

Fingers crossed that M&M learnt the lessons with the mHawk & Xuv5OO where the first few batches were / are a nightmare for the owners.
Old 15th September 2014, 18:26   #469
BANNED

I wonder if ESP (Electronic stability program) would be offered now, in any of the variants of the new scorpio. The previous scorpio just couln't handle the ESP. Everytime they tested the ESP module, the fuse would just blow up. They even tried a 10mm wire through the fuses, but it would just blow up. It was too tricky (even for an ESP) to control an out of control scorpio.
Alright then, jokes apart, i couldn't see any AT or 4x4 variant info in the pre booking details. Aren't they being offerred in the initial batches?
Old 15th September 2014, 19:10   #470
BHPian

Great! This thread is 2.5 year old and most of the upgrade list mentioned in the first post is implemented! And considering the amount of testing they had done would ensure a niggle free vehicle (hopefully). Hope they had tested enough in the city, because this is where the clutch and gearbox gets tested, and where the XUVs had the issues.

Scorpio is a time tested vehicle, the mechanicals are bulletproof. I could not believe that my brother in law's Scorpio runs on stock tyres at 85k kms. (Though I don't recommend running such a mileage, but it proves the suspension reliability, unlike the Tata's).
Old 15th September 2014, 20:16   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I wonder if ESP (Electronic stability program) would be offered now, in any of the variants of the new scorpio. The previous scorpio just couln't handle the ESP. Everytime they tested the ESP module, the fuse would just blow up. They even tried a 10mm wire through the fuses, but it would just blow up. It was too tricky (even for an ESP) to control an out of control scorpio.
Alright then, jokes apart, i couldn't see any AT or 4x4 variant info in the pre booking details. Aren't they being offerred in the initial batches?
I called a couple of dealers in Delhi and there is automatic or 4x4 at the moment. Apparently M and M initially want to utilise all capacity to make sure the waiting is not the through the roof. Once the production settles, then they may introduce. I personally am
Extremely disappointed as have been waiting for it like everyone else for over a year. Have written to them recording my disappointment and am waiting to hear from them.
Old 15th September 2014, 22:14   #472
BHPian

Can anyone let me know if the S8 or S10 comes also with Autobox and 4WD as options?
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 23:22   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post

S8 – This variant would have Dual Airbags and ABS as standard fitment. It would also come with alloys.
This would be my choice of the vehicle but with a 4WD and MT.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:29   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Great! This thread is 2.5 year old and most of the upgrade list mentioned in the first post is implemented! And considering the amount of testing they had done would ensure a niggle free vehicle (hopefully). Hope they had tested enough in the city, because this is where the clutch and gearbox gets tested, and where the XUVs had the issues.

Scorpio is a time tested vehicle, the mechanicals are bulletproof. I could not believe that my brother in law's Scorpio runs on stock tyres at 85k kms. (Though I don't recommend running such a mileage, but it proves the suspension reliability, unlike the Tata's).
The mechanicals are good but there are still issues with the QC and one off case has severe mechanical problems too (I for one was unfortunate to have and so did a friend of mine). The issue are mainly with the electronics in the top end models. Hope these have been taken care of.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:45   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Can anyone let me know if the S8 or S10 comes also with Autobox and 4WD as options?
I am looking for an 4WD+AT as well.
Any news or confirmation?
Old 16th September 2014, 09:58   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The mechanicals are good but there are still issues with the QC and one off case has severe mechanical problems too (I for one was unfortunate to have and so did a friend of mine). The issue are mainly with the electronics in the top end models. Hope these have been taken care of.
I always believe in mechanicals and less on electricals, as they are more prone to malfunctions and chance of them going hay wire are on the higher side.

Too much electricals control the vehicles today and that's how we are moving towards self driven cars! All this is depriving the actual driver of the "Ultimate driving experience" of driving a vehicle.

I think the Koreans have spoiled us Indians by giving vehicles loaded with features, and now MM and TATA also providing such features. Voice assist commands, rain sensors, guiding lights, screen touch controls, electric 4WD switch etc but these need to be suited to Indian driving conditions and also the maintenance/service levels also needs to be raised along with the product quality.

No wonder, Toyota still provides a manual/mechanical 4WD level in the Fortuner, along with conventional dashboard controls.

Lets hope MM learned from the XUV experience and have set the QC standards on the higher side with the refreshed Scorpio.

Just saw an advertisement in the newspaper today, 110,000 Rs benefits on the current Scorpio.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:19   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Lets hope MM learned from the XUV experience and have set the QC standards on the higher side with the refreshed Scorpio.
It's not only the electronics that are suspect in the current Scorpio. Take a look at the thread below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html

M&M have not anything to address this issue proactively. Apart from this, the suspension bushes are of really pathetic quality and have to be replaced after just 25-30k kms, and that too post normal city/highway usage.

Having seen the deterioration in quality from M&M over various avatars of the Scorpio, I can safely say that the odds of this pattern getting continued in the new Scorpio are quite high. That's why I concur with m_upreti when he suggests "a wait and watch policy and see how the first couple of lots perform on the road."

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 16th September 2014, 10:47   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
That's why I concur with m_upreti when he suggests "a wait and watch policy and see how the first couple of lots perform on the road."

Cheers,
Vikram
But they have been testing this thing for over two years and a half criss-crossing the nation through all kinds of terrain and through all kinds of weather. Could they not have taken care of niggles then?
Old 16th September 2014, 10:54   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But they have been testing this thing for over two years and a half criss-crossing the nation through all kinds of terrain and through all kinds of weather. Could they not have taken care of niggles then?
The mHawk, when it was introduced, would also have been subjected to rigorous testing. Yet, these problems cropped up.

As a Scorpio owner for the past 4.5 years, I hope that the new Scorpio will be niggle free, but I am not very optimistic about it.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 16th September 2014, 12:26   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
There is a difference when someone is on the job testing and someone who pays 10 lacs plus and drives. Many things that an expert would pass as "Product Features" or "That's a way it works" would be considered as niggles for an owner. Example: The shuddering gear stick of the Scorpio in the 3rd gear which has been there since perpetuity.

I say this with experience and an expert in my own field where many things good, bad or ugly are a part of the package.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks