Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 12:37   #481
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Ohh !
And I was so naïve to expect a NEW Scorpio.
This is nothing but a facelift looking at the images and some posts on the thread

What are TML and M&M up to by giving us facelift vehicles in the guise of "All New" Safari and Scorpio?

I would like M&M to work on Bolero to refresh on Ergonomics and provide with some safety features like ABS and Airbags. That would be a killer combo. I resisted myself buying a Bolero last year only because of ABS and Airbags.
Old 16th September 2014, 14:59   #482
BHPian

If these spy shots were of the NG Scorpio, I see this is an Automatic test mule.

Pic courtesy-http://www.carblogindia.com/mahindra-scorpio-facelift-finished-prototype-spotted/#prettyPhoto
Attached Images

Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 15:28   #483
BANNED

Received a SMS from one of the Bangalore dealer stating Bookings for Next Generation Scorpio opened exclusively for existing Scorpio users from 16-17 Sept.
Old 16th September 2014, 15:54   #484
BHPian

Here is the mail I got being a Scorpio owner. It says the bookings for the New Scorpio for existing Scorpio owners starts on 15th Sept 2014.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-newscorpio.jpg  

Old 16th September 2014, 22:59   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Here is the mail I got being a Scorpio owner. It says the bookings for the New Scorpio for existing Scorpio owners starts on 15th Sept 2014.
The marketing team at MM sure do have the nuts to call this a NEW Generation Scorpio!

Same body and same engine, how can it be called a NEW Generation?
Old 16th September 2014, 23:06   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
If these spy shots were of the NG Scorpio, I see this is an Automatic test mule.

So, the steering wheel has been copied from XUV 5OO! It would be very interesting to see the kind of changes the new Scorpio has undergone.

I have also read (On TBHP) that it is going to have shorter gear shifts. Why has it taken such a long time for Mahindra Motors to wake up? I had Safari and Scorpio on mind when I wanted to buy a car. What put me away from Scorpio was it's longer gear shift. Did not feel comfortable while shifting gears on a test drive. Then I had settled in for a Safari.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:59   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
The marketing team at MM sure do have the nuts to call this a NEW Generation Scorpio!

Same body and same engine, how can it be called a NEW Generation?
It is something similar to the mHawk being converted to the New Mighty Muscular Scorpio with a new grill, headlights, fog lamps, front & rear bumper.

The only new generation about this may be the DRL's, Projectors, Led's and the XUV inspired gearbox.

Lets us wait and watch, but my thinking from the heart is that a Jeep is always the CJB and can never be the Thar or a Rubicon so a Scorpio should be as basic and rugged as ever with some underpinnings of luxury .
Old 17th September 2014, 12:27   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
It is something similar to the mHawk being converted to the New Mighty Muscular Scorpio with a new grill, headlights, fog lamps, front & rear bumper.

The only new generation about this may be the DRL's, Projectors, Led's and the XUV inspired gearbox.

Lets us wait and watch, but my thinking from the heart is that a Jeep is always the CJB and can never be the Thar or a Rubicon so a Scorpio should be as basic and rugged as ever with some underpinnings of luxury .
Along with the cosmetic upgrades, I read somewhere that the new scorpio will have new gearbox, new chassis, better suspension. I guess there are no major issues mHawk engine as such. Its always been a hoot to drive this motor.

So I guess, this can pretty much be considered as NEW gen.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 16:44   #489
BANNED

The New Scorpio would indeed have new gear box and chassis as per ACI

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-390403.aspx
scarlet.fever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 17:06   #490
Senior - BHPian

ACI says wider track. That is welcome. It also says lower height. That I do not like. Scorpio is known for standing tall towering over all other cars and almost all other SUVs. Lowered height will take the awe and sting out of Scorpio, as far as looks are concerned. Please, no more bonsai SUVs like Duster / Ecosport.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:08   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
The New Scorpio would indeed have new gear box and chassis as per ACI

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-390403.aspx
"However, the gearbox is all-new and the Scorpio is the first recipient of M&M’s newly developed 320MT five-speed transmission which promises a much better shift than before."

The above paragraph punctures a lot of enthusiasm as far as I am concerned, specially the words first recipient brings back memories of slipping gears in my mHawk which ultimately lead to the replacement of the gear box after 3 months of chasing M&M trying to prove that the gears actually were slipping.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:39   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
"However, the gearbox is all-new and the Scorpio is the first recipient of M&M’s newly developed 320MT five-speed transmission which promises a much better shift than before."

The above paragraph punctures a lot of enthusiasm as far as I am concerned, specially the words first recipient brings back memories of slipping gears in my mHawk which ultimately lead to the replacement of the gear box after 3 months of chasing M&M trying to prove that the gears actually were slipping.
would it not been have cheaper to offer the same gearbox as on the XUV on the scorpio, instead of a new Gearbox ? again, in the world of 7/8 gears, M&M is offering 5 speed. It should have been a 6-speed at least.
Old 17th September 2014, 20:11   #493
BHPian

Pretty much looks like they have taken some inspiration from XUV500 and are calling it a new generation scorpio. Interesting to see what changes are in place

I was thinking they would make it a 6-speed transmission. That is a disappointment though. We do feel the need for one additional gear during the highway runs
Old 17th September 2014, 20:15   #494
BHPian

Just a curious question, if we reduce the length of the current shifter, would it improve the gear shift experience?
Old 17th September 2014, 22:46   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvanmisra View Post
I am looking for an 4WD+AT as well.
Any news or confirmation?
Same here. Called the dealers and they are saying no news of either the 4wd or the auto box. Very disappointed since I ve been tracking and waiting for over a year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed