Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2014, 01:42   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aritraray View Post
Attachment 1289655

Some time in the beginning of 2013 I saw this cooked picture .I wanted it to look something along this line and they landed not very far off.
And just now I saw the post here. I think its too early to comment on the looks right now . Scorpio was always the benchmark due to its capabilities , if that has improved along with few additions here and there that really affect the ride quality positively i would say job well done MnM.
I got this render done and I would have been quite chuffed if the Scorpio Facelift would have turned out thus. I'm just flabbergasted at the new Scorpio. I was woken up in the middle of the night for this and my, Mahindra has some gall to sell a platypus on four wheels. Small wonder that Snapdeal has the 100 % refund on the booking amount. They'll need it. IMHO, the only vehicle in Mahindra's present stable that looks good, is the Thar. The outgoing Scorpio is almost a swan in comparison to the new version and it's a real pity that the new one has to look so bad, for the engineering underneath is touted to feature so many improvements.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 20th September 2014 at 01:44.
Old 20th September 2014, 01:53   #587
BHPian

Mechanical and technical changes apart, Mahindra actually never revealed this totally ugly and hideous looking Scorpio (while retaining the same old generation body with that almost flat windshield with no dashboard space) since this thread has started.

And all this while a slew of new vehicles have been launched discreetly without the hype generated for this crap such as the Elite i20, Ciaz, Xcent, the Honda siblings amongst so many others in a lesser time span and have been doing well. I hate it. I expected a slightly edgy design on the lines of the Skoda Yeti.

IMO Tata has improved notches up in their interior, exterior design and overall build quality in the new Zest when compared to Mahindra who aren't really working that hard to bring some radical new design the way they did the actual Scorpio in 2002 and even the 2006 facelift. And those same flat interior door side panels without any design elements and plasticky looking interiors are a total put off!

No doubt Mahindra has reliable and powerful engines, but for some reason I have this mental block of suffering from acute body and back pain due to the constant rolling and bouncy ride specially on the mid generations Bolero and Scorpio. My joints feel creaky.

Honda has surpassed Mahindra and with Mr. Mayank Pareek joining Tata and if things go well, the day wont be far when Mahindra might lag behind with their insipid designs and product portfolio.

Last edited by ciddharth : 20th September 2014 at 01:59.
Old 20th September 2014, 06:10   #588
Senior - BHPian

Oh my! Its a little too wanna be and "oh look at me"! I am pretty sure the typical Scorpio customer will really like it no offence. They do not design their cars for tbhp. The Storme in comparison is an incredibly classy looking SUV.
What a mockery of an update.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 06:23   #589
M35
BHPian

• Disappointed with the “looks” as of now, though it is a subjective affair.
  • The rear is simply toy-like and cheap, at least in pictures.
  • Having said that, this design in fiery black shade will still look stunning, especially with the DRLS on.
Edit: Looking forward to the update on the mechanicals and vehicle dynamics now.

My 2009 Scorpio is definitely going to stay with me for some more time.

Last edited by M35 : 20th September 2014 at 06:33. Reason: Edit
Old 20th September 2014, 08:07   #590
BHPian

Being an ex M&M employee, It feels bad reading all the bashing Scorpio is getting because of looks!

I feel instead of covering the face-lift version, M&M should have intentionally released those pics in the market to judge people's reactions and accordingly should have modified the design while actual releasing.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 08:38   #591
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That's a giant scoop.

Coming back to the Scorpio, they have spoiled it haven't they? That tailgate looks horrendous.

I think most here would agree that the very first body shell was the best.
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-2004mahindrascorpio2002200626slx2227989640x428.jpg
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-image00001.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-2004mahindrascorpio2002200626slx2227991640x428.jpg
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-image00002.jpg

They should have made the changes only to inside and chassis. I shudder to think what "facelift" could this one get in a few years.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 08:39   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I feel instead of covering the face-lift version, M&M should have intentionally released those pics in the market to judge people's reactions and accordingly should have modified the design while actual releasing.
Yeah, too late now, but why are the designers working as if its a secure Govt office work ?
The front grill and the overall front design are like the face. A vehicle's aggression, character all depend on these looks. and M&M consistently comes out with these designs !!

Last edited by rajshenoy : 20th September 2014 at 08:45.
Old 20th September 2014, 09:15   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
I think I like it more than the current look. Hope that the DRLs will be a solid continuous band of uniform intensity, as shown in the teaser video, and not disconnected dotty LEDs like the XUV.
Also hope that they have done something to improve the ride quality by reducing the bounciness.
The vehicle comes with a better suspension. I sat in it and it felt really good, with lesser body roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Seems that the designers have't deviated too much from the older version, a la Storme. The rear is too blingy IMO. The wheelbase looks stretched and would result in more legroom, especially in the middle row. What remains to be seen is how it handles and how the new gearbox behaves.

Cheers!
I dont think gearbox should be a concern. It doesnt come with the older scorpio gearbox. It will be a fun to drive vehicle

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th September 2014 at 10:39.
Praveen92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 09:48   #594
BHPian

Everyone (well almost everyone) trashed the Safari Storme for keeping the similar body shell, while toning down the timeless classic looks of the earlier DICOR. All the mechanical, interior improvements were overlooked since everyone believed Tata Motors had missed the bus to make a complete overhaul on the looks front.

Mahindra has gone a step further and completely screwed up the looks of a relatively good looking home-grown SUV. Sad. Looks are a personal preference, but i thought the XUV had the worst looking rear. It has real competition now from its smaller sibling.

If the idea was to ruin a decently good looking design, Mahindra have undoubtedly trounced Tata Motors on this one, by a long way. When will Mahindra start rolling out vehicles (Thar being an exception) with designs that are not intolerably and unnecessarily busy. Please come up with clean designs, we beg of you.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 09:53   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh my goodness!!
Woke up lazily at 9.15 and saw this on my phone, still sleeping on the bed. But then I jumped out of my bed in horror. Why Mahindra, why?

It was such a mean, intimidating, butch looking SUV. Anyone would have given it way when they saw it approaching. But now, it looks like a fighter lost in a boxing match with black eyes. I feel sad for it.

If cosmetic changes have to be ignored then technically there has to be some magical changes or else, I'm afraid M&M may have just lost one of their bread earners

I'm excited to see how this snapdeal thing is going to workout.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:01   #596
BHPian

What an anti-climax!

After all the hype, this is the so called 'new generation' Scorpio. Seems the designers were watching Japanese cartoons at work.

We might have assumed that they would have picked up some lessons after the Xylo and Quanto styling debacles but alas..

But I won't be surprised if this new gen thingy sells a lot, if Indian buyers can line up for a weird looking Innova, this should be okay too.

Gold bless TML for the Storme.

Edit: This is akin to what Hyundai did to the earlier Verna - the 'Transform' version.

Last edited by trek : 20th September 2014 at 10:07.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:09   #597
Senior - BHPian

The design changes looks seriously overdone on what was originally a smart and handsome vehicle. The rear theme seems to be taken off from Storme/Xylo where a black patch is added to break the monotony from the large slabbish real estate. It worked well in the Storme thanks to the originally curvaceous rear. Here it fails miserably.

The front and rear lights though look good but not sure what is a blue light doing in the rear section ?

The air vents in the fender is seriously out of place ( have I seen something similar in a Range rover/Land Rover model ? )

The interiors should hopefully make up for all this.

Last edited by narayan : 20th September 2014 at 10:17.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:09   #598
BHPian

Got this mail from snapdeal today morning. Apparently the pre-bookings are open on snapdeal

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_4738.png
Old 20th September 2014, 10:16   #599
BHPian

OMG!! Off-late I am *not* liking the design lines of M&M, first the XUV with overdone front and now new Scorpio

What happened to those clean neat lines? Looks like black may become a popular color for those looking to hide the overdone front and back.

Looks like Mahindra has done TML a favor by going overboard in this design.

Last edited by smekad : 20th September 2014 at 10:16. Reason: typo corrected
Old 20th September 2014, 10:29   #600
Senior - BHPian

Do we have an pick in Black. Something tells me that this shape will look far better in Black especially the front 3 quarter view.

Rahul
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks