Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 20:47   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Is this photo showing the right placement of the rear AC vents?

Compare the rear AC vents of Scorpio to the other photo, something is not right in the Scorpio photo!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_8504.jpg  

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-ac-vents-rear.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 21:09   #677

This is bad. Can anybody please confirm if the hood is slightly open or a panel-gap/design disaster.I'm just hoping that at least the front will look better in flesh.

No such hope with the rear though . It took me a while to count the number of colours at the rear. What is blue doing in the middle of the tail lamp?

And is that a camera on the rear spoiler? or just a beauty spot Mahindra has put to ward off evil eyes from its gorgeous design??
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:32   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
In my opinion, they have succeeded in keeping every-one unhappy!
The combination of the squarish front end, with the original curved profile and the ridiculous rear - a lethal combination for disastrous sales

Maybe not so!!

Sometimes I wonder if the opinion of team-bhpians are indeed far away from that of the masses!
Doomsday predictions (rightly so) of vehicles have not always been right.

The masses (mango people) have lapped-up cars plastered with layers of chrome, garish lights, unnecessary cuts & nips to the bodyline, much to the chagrin of us enthusiasts, whose tastes are undoubtedly ahead by a large margin.
Reminds me of good/classic/intelectual movies that actually flop at the box office. A simple case of 'nector to one is poison to another', eh?

Maybe we bhpians ARE a class apart, we keep debating the negatives of the new entrants/face lifts until the cows come home; whilst the car manufacturers (who probably guage the masses much better), laugh all the way to the bank!
I won't go as far as to say that we're a class apart, but it's indeed true that masses always react differently as compared to critical reviews. IMO, that's what we do best - offer critical, meaningful and constructive feedback, solutions, advice and opinions to whoever is willing to listen and pay heed.

That the masses think and react differently is obvious from the fact that even sub standard offerings manage to generate huge sales just because of the brand logo. I guess this is going to be another such instance and another such product.
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:37   #679
BHPian

2015 Mahindra Scorpio Bookings start on Snapdeal.com

The 2015 Mahindra Scorpio Bookings have started on Snapdeal.com. This is for the first time that booking of a car can be done on a Online Retailer website. (Skoda allowed booking but it was on their own site).

Link To Booking

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Booking Amount: Rs. 20000(Full Refund if cancelled)
Variants: S2, S4, S6, S6+, S8, S10.
I have made a small Excel table comparing these variants with whatever data i could get on the snapdeal site.

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-variants.jpg
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-colors.jpg
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-book.jpg
searchingheaven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:17   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

My personal view is that this is a refreshing change from the previous generation Scorpio. I am not a designing buff so can't actually comment on it. Ofcourse the rear resembles the Storme but all said and done, we need to see it in flesh and also wait for the prices. I still remember so many people just being furious after XUV5OO was launched, how bad and quirky is the design, how hideous it looked and what not. Same people had turned over a new book (wont say a new leaf) after its prices were announced. So lets wait and watch, lets see how well it rides considering the track lengths have changed and other structural changes.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:05   #681
BHPian

The 1st thought that comes to mind looking at this is Yuck This looks so ugly. The face reminds of the old Hyundai Elantara. Makes me wonder if the old Hyundai Designers have all joined Mahindra. Why does Mahindra indulge in such weird experiments everytime and cannot come with some clean Timless designs like Jeep Wrangler?
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:38   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Is this photo showing the right placement of the rear AC vents?

Compare the rear AC vents of Scorpio to the other photo, something is not right in the Scorpio photo!
I think the Scorpio has the rear AC vents facing upwards even in current generations, so the new image doesn't seem to be strange. Where did you find the second image you posted?
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:09   #683
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra Scorpio Bookings start on Snapdeal.com

A little birdie says 2014 Scorpio is now a monocoque design. I am very sure it isnt, given the work needed to transition from the ladder-on-frame to monocoque.
Pls confirm eitherways!!
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:18   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.srikant18 View Post
And is that a camera on the rear spoiler? or just a beauty spot Mahindra has put to ward off evil eyes from its gorgeous design??
That is the rear washer.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:27   #685
Team-BHP Support

What is with Tata and Mahindra? Why dont they start the design from ground-up? This may be a much newer vehicle than the current Scorpio, but to me, it looks like just another face-lift, and that's thoroughly disappointing. At least the front is acceptable (the PS job in the previous page looks fantastic!) but the rear is just horrendous.

Thankfully, they have revamped the interior.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:34   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I think the Scorpio has the rear AC vents facing upwards even in current generations, so the new image doesn't seem to be strange. Where did you find the second image you posted?
I have not seen the rear AC vents of the Scorpio and never knew that they were facing upwards (Keeping the head cool).

So when I saw the photo of the NEW Scorpio rear AC vents, I though what made them design the vents facing upwards, I am unable to understand!

The second image I randomly picked up from Google.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-ajay-devgan.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:39   #687
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra Scorpio Bookings start on Snapdeal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
A little birdie says 2014 Scorpio is now a monocoque design. I am very sure it isnt, given the work needed to transition from the ladder-on-frame to monocoque.
Pls confirm eitherways!!
Please tell the Birdie, its 2015 and NOT 2014!

Also tell the Birdie to find a new nest, since the Scorpio is NOT a Monocoque vehicle.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:45   #688
BANNED

The front face is now "Boleroed"!

And the over-done rear resembles the Safari Storme.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:57   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
The second image I randomly picked up from Google.
Kind of agree, all the high hopes I had from the teaser video are gone!

The old variant looked much better than the upgrade, but like many people are mentioning, have to see it in flesh to fully decide. The black colored top end variant might be able to help this design.

Waiting to test drive since I need to buy a car next month. Totally confused now.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:58   #690
Senior - BHPian

The Storme treatment of the rear can be masked by that dark brown colour (real earth?) Storme comes in. I think M&M should emulate Tata on this front too and bring out new Scorpio in that shade. I guess this would look smashing, too, then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks