Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:26   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Also tell the Birdie to find a new nest, since the Scorpio is NOT a Monocoque vehicle.
Scorpio is currently not a monocoque. It could be in future iterations.
What makes you so sure?
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:36   #692
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Mahindra design team does not know which direction to go and really when to stop. They are hell bent on making vehicles look uglier.
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:23   #693
BHPian

Whatever happened to the clean lines of the SUVs.

The exterior and interior pics clearly show the designers were working on two altogether different projects and never talked to each other during project development. Only during integration some smart one merged the two.

And this took them two and a half years?

Really annoyed with M&M.
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:42   #694
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra Scorpio Bookings start on Snapdeal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Scorpio is currently not a monocoque. It could be in future iterations.
What makes you so sure?
I was asking the birdie what took so look for this, and probed if this could be monocoque. He kinda said it could be - hence my question to reconfirm

Oh yes - I did tell the birdie its impossible to make it monocoque, for this upcoming launch. Maybe the 2016 ver could be.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:31   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Sigh! Another one turns uglier... First the horrendous looking 2014 Toyota Innova and now the Mahindra Scorpio. Whatever happened to simple clean lines, understated looks and no bling.
From 2002 to 2014......
Let's show these pics to someone who didn't see a Scorpio till now and he'd say the first one is the latest design.
Whatever is going on in their minds when designing it, we'd better leave that to them to think over later.
I've zoomed in on the tail to see if that blue thing is a sticker; looks like it's a design element.
I'd say this is a marketing inititative by M&M to divert scorpio lovers towards XUV All this new design will do is to increase the demand for 2013 Scorpio two-fold and make the current owners be even more proud.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:20   #696
BHPian

This is one ugly design. The first gen Scorpio was indeed droolworthy, I have no idea how manufacturers are working towards a hell lot of uglier designs, making way to our roads.
Punto becomes Punto Evo,
A-star became Celerio and this list is endless.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:44   #697

Re: 2015 Mahindra Scorpio Bookings start on Snapdeal.com

Quote:
Please tell the Birdie, its 2015 and NOT 2014!

Also tell the Birdie to find a new nest, since the Scorpio is NOT a Monocoque vehicle.
Its still step-on-ladder but hydrofomed like the Storme.

Exteriors do look ugly!!!

Totally spoiled a beautiful looking car.

Does anyone think that the front looks a bit like Datsun Go?
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:54   #698
BHPian

Agree with most of you. Looks straight out of a cheap Chinese plastic factory. This was an opportunity to make the Scorpio look more grown up and mature. And this is what they do it. Aesthetics and balance have been tossed out of the window. Who do they really hope to target with this?
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:24   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not seen the rear AC vents of the Scorpio and never knew that they were facing upwards (Keeping the head cool).

So when I saw the photo of the NEW Scorpio rear AC vents, I though what made them design the vents facing upwards, I am unable to understand!

The second image I randomly picked up from Google.
I guess Singham had some advance information of "Storming" of the Scorpio so he decided to go with the original one in Singham 2
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:27   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
Agree with most of you. Looks straight out of a cheap Chinese plastic factory. This was an opportunity to make the Scorpio look more grown up and mature. And this is what they do it. Aesthetics and balance have been tossed out of the window. Who do they really hope to target with this?

On a lighter note, so much plastic cladding reminds me of the Polo cross, Etios cross May be M&M are going to launch the next Gen Scorpio as Scorpio Cross

Just couple of days, and i am praying that M&M does something drastically to launch some car different from this.
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:56   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Ouch! Who was in charge of modifying the rear at M&M R&D center, I wonder.

The front looks decent - butch looks, centre slats add to the appeal, good & wide headlamps, etc. Judging by the wheels, it seems like a lower-spec variant so the black enclosures on either side will get foglamps in the higher variants. All in all, not bad and a good-enough upgrade.

But coming to the rear? Oh boy, where to start!
I believe the existing Scorpio owners (like me) already have the best designs in hand which even Mahindra couldn't improve. I decide to stick with the old one, wait for the next gen. :-)

I see this new one a head-turner, But the other side.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd September 2014 at 07:33. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for benefit of mobile users.
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:29   #702
BHPian

Looks highly inspired by the nissan skyline GTR-34 and dodge charger, also a little bit like a 2004 nissan pathfinder
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:58   #703
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if this facelift comes with side airbags in addition to the front driver/passenger airbags, and also if the AT is carried over from the previous version?

I don't care how ugly it looks as long as it comes with three rows of seats, airbags for all rows, and automatic transmission.

Last edited by Pacifica : 22nd September 2014 at 18:59. Reason: Added extra point.
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:45   #704
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Can anyone confirm if this facelift comes with side airbags in addition to the front driver/passenger airbags, and also if the AT is carried over from the previous version?

I don't care how ugly it looks as long as it comes with three rows of seats, airbags for all rows, and automatic transmission.

No side airbags buddy. The S8 variant onwards have dual airbags and the S6+ will have a driver side airbag. How we wish it had cushion airbags, don't we!

As the discussions go, the AT might not be available at launch, but there have been enough sightings of the variant being tested to make us believe it isn't far away.
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:16   #705
BHPian

Mahindra! What have you done to the rear!?

I seriously wonder how this is the same manufacturer that designed the XUV5OO. This is really a backward step in evolution for Mahindra. They didnt even learn from the criticism that TATA received for keeping the Storme's looks the same. And to me the new Scorpio looks more like the earlier Scorpio than the Storme looks like the erstwhile Safari.

This may be the first time a Car manufacturer designed vehicle might find its way on the weird and whacky mod jobs thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks