Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 12:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

So the all new Scorpio with Performance of XUV and also the creature comforts(more jazzy features and colorful dash!!) and what matters to me most is weight reduction, improved handling and niggles sorted out !!

Now the question is, Will this be placed below XUV ? If they decide to increase the length of the vehicle, i feel it will be very much in XUV territory
Old 5th June 2013, 13:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

Nice move by Mahindra, which is exactly what is lacking in Tata. The Scorpio has been refreshed at the right intervals and the present gen needs few things sorted which has been mentioned in the previous posts. What I would like to see is it being positioned below the XUV like it is right now, that will definitely take the numbers from 4k to 5k territory.
Old 5th June 2013, 20:23   #63
BHPian

Mahindra's only chance to take on the Duster. Scorpio has the required product positioning, the market acceptance and the network. The scorpio needs to diet, I guess M&M is on it, good. What they need is two engine variants, one for the normal commuter and the other for the SUV fan. They can brand them desperately, but they need to address the milage conscious market with this model. Duster and shown that people want SUV looking sedans. They can lose the electronics, that not a critical differentiation, as Amaze shows it. The Scorpio also needs to be made a little more look neutral. Its too aggressive for the kind of market that will take you 6 - 7 K numbers consistently. I know this might look like a trade off with those who want it to look the way it is, but once the market elegant looking, smooth, sedan drive like, fuel efficient market needs to be addressed differently. There are guys who are looking between Vento/Verna/Ctiy, not to mention the duster (and its clones).
Old 5th June 2013, 20:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

I am one of those who would not like a mellowed down Scorpio

Also the Storme example has proved that such a move does not work in the Indian market. Indians who want SUVs, want Butch SUVs!! (Evidence: Success story of Scorpio / Fortuner / Duster). Indians who want polished products go for a sedan.
Old 5th June 2013, 21:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Mahindra's only chance to take on the Duster.
What they need is two engine variants, one for the normal commuter and the other for the SUV fan. They can brand them desperately, but they need to address the milage conscious market with this model.
M&M - reg your first statement, the 12 year old Scorpio even now does 4-5k per month which compares very well with the Duster sales. So in terms of sales I guess the Scorpio is doing just fine. Reg 2 engines, the Scorpio already comes with 2 options - the M2DiCR engine in the Ex variant for the mileage conscious and the mHawk for the others

Apart from what Mahindra is already doing about the new Scorpio it would be good if they can reduce the height, widen it a bit and make the rear less boxish - it will look killer.

Last edited by narayan : 5th June 2013 at 21:37.
Old 6th June 2013, 20:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Reg 2 engines, the Scorpio already comes with 2 options - the M2DiCR engine in the Ex variant for the mileage conscious and the mHawk for the others
Well, 2 engine options with two different technologies gives 2 different impressions. This is bad for the positioning, you can't make the efficient engine look cheap by basing it on a platform that does not make it to a higher version. Two states of tune of the same engine does make the lower level variant feel cheaper/different. That is was all my views about.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:09   #67
BHPian

The Scorpio has been M&M's flagship model since its launch. I would hope that the designers would take care not to alter the looks altogather. However minor changes would be welcome.

Although looks are subjective, I liked the looks of second generation scorpio more than that of the third generation. I dont like that chrome toothed grill in any of their models. I would expect some minor upgrades in the front & rear, overall profile ramianing the same.
On the mechanical front, the mHawk is a very capable engine, the 140bhp tuning would be enough of an upgrade to the existing scorpio. However, i doubt weather they would tune it that high, because it might affect the sales of XUV.
Most defenitely, the interiors should be changed, they look outdated.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:18   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

After the XUV the expectations from M&M for the New Scorpio have gone through the roof.

It needs to factor in

1) Much better brakes.
2) Much better Ride / Handling
3) More Spacious in the front two rows.
4) Loose some height, get wider and longer.
5) Get the XUV seats and some of the XUV features.
6) Get the 140 Bhp state of tune.
7) New AT Box.
8) Cleaner Design with a bit less of the recent quirks.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:48   #69
BHPian

While we are at it, we can also ask for a slightly higher ground clearance. 200mm or 205mm would be plenty for most customers. With lighter weight and increased ground clearance, if the product is priced competitively, duster sales will drop significantly. Ford Ecosport is already eating up their lower end market, new Scorpio will eat up the rest.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:33   #70
BHPian

Heard in the grapevine that the launch has been delayed to 2015? Due to negative domestic growth in the car market.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:12   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

BS speculates details of the next Gen Scorpio
  • Mahindra Scorpio could be unveiled within the next year-and-a-half.
  • It will boast of a wider footprint, both at the front and rear
  • It will build on its bastion of roominess and comfort by featuring better interiors, a new instrument console with more features
  • It could be powered by a new, more powerful mHawk engine
  • It will squat on a modified platform of the current Scorpio
  • Though nothing is concrete, it is utterly probable that the defining ruggedness of Scorpio will be improved upon, with subtle changes to the design theme
  • As is the trend, you could expect an edgier styling cue with more drastic angles, sharpened headlamps and a falling roofline
http://motorbash.com/fresh-details-o...-12-18-months/
Old 2nd September 2013, 01:37   #72
SMK
BHPian

Spotted this one on way to Bangalore on NH4. Couldn't take many pic coz i was in a hurry. The front and the rear were heavily camouflaged along with dashboard and seats too. New facelift?
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img20130901wa00082-copy.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img20130901wa0007-copy.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd September 2013 at 12:12. Reason: uploading the photos after watermarking. Thanks.
SMK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 07:04   #73
BHPian

Wow. Those are some real nice scoop pics SMK. Have been waiting for some real confirmation on this project for quite sometime and hope the new face lifted Scorpio turns out to be true VFM. Is the front camouflaged portion looking different from the current model?
Also read elsewhere in the forum that Mahindra has stopped producing any new models for the time being and concentrating only on existing ones. In all probability this is going to be a Face-lifted version seeing the Scorpio badging on the side. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2nd September 2013, 07:23   #74
BHPian

Nice Scoop !! for me it looks like the tail end is been changed and a curvy bonnet which may make the mighty muscular one to be more muscular !!

Lets see when they are going to push that out
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:29   #75
BHPian

Dont see any changes in dimensions, wonder if there will be any changes to the handling and ride comfort over the current one. Hope this doesn't turn out to be just a cosmetic upgrade.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks