Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 08:12   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
No the 2WD damper is not offset.

It is very likely that the Double wish-bone with torsion bar will be carried FW to the new Scorpio with the offset damper latching to the lower arm.

Possible pictures of the-
  1. 2WD dampers (same as XYLO)
  2. 4WD Axles
Please look at the following pic. This is the New Scorpio Chassis. You will spot the Gearbox, Center Diff and a drive shaft going to the front axle. You will also spot the front axle.
And now you will spot the Front Coil Springs.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-newmahindrascorpiochassis.jpg  

Last edited by navpreet318 : 19th October 2014 at 08:13.
navpreet318 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 08:43   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Now for the interiors. I know this is supposed to be a macho SUV, but was a trifle disappointed with the interiors as far as comfort goes. The front and middle row seats appeared to be quite hard, the arm rest on the middle row was so low as to be unusable.

The middle row was a bench seat system, and so there was no way to incline the seats back. It felt hard, did I say that already? Why would I bother with the middle row? Well, and this may sound like sacrilege, I can imagine many situations where I would like to be driven around in my Scorpio.

This may be a nitpick but sliding the front and middle seats back and forth, I also didn't get that smooth feeling, it felt instead like an effort.
The sliding part could be due to a new TD vehicle and the sliding rails not being greased properly. On the center armrest your feedback is similar to what many others have said. Do check out the Storme as well ( going by your need for middle row comfort and overall interior quality ) unless of course you have an aversion to the Tata Motors brand
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 10:44   #1068
BHPian

Any news about the Automatic variants in the new Scorpio?
Old 19th October 2014, 10:53   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Please look at the following pic. This is the New Scorpio Chassis. You will spot the Gearbox, Center Diff and a drive shaft going to the front axle. You will also spot the front axle.
And now you will spot the Front Coil Springs.
Interesting observation.

If the promise is to deliver the cushion suspension across all variants then this is very relevant. Perhaps the lower arm will have the offset to hold the strut and create clearance for the front drive shafts from the differential.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:10   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Any news about the Automatic variants in the new Scorpio?
I am waiting for it, too. But there is no word from M&M. I am disappointed. AT will probably make an appearance when novelty of the vehicle wears. But back in 2009 (3rd facelift), I remember they introduced AT along with MT. This time around, it is diferent.
Old 19th October 2014, 12:35   #1071
BHPian

The New Scorpio TD vehicle beside my Magnum. I am having a hard time deciding between XUV W8 AWD and Scorpio S10 4WD.
Scorpio I think looks fantastic and as usual, makes driving in traffic so easy, much easier than the XUV. Very quiet on the inside, low speed ride very good, engine has very good low end torque and the Turbo Whistle is mesmerizing.

[ATTACH]2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_20141018_192152421.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_20141018_191635051.jpg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th October 2014 at 15:38. Reason: Please use only classifieds and not main forum
Old 20th October 2014, 10:15   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
The New Scorpio TD vehicle beside my Magnum. I am having a hard time deciding between XUV W8 AWD and Scorpio S10 4WD.
Scorpio I think looks fantastic and as usual, makes driving in traffic so easy, much easier than the XUV. Very quiet on the inside, low speed ride very good, engine has very good low end torque and the Turbo Whistle is mesmerizing.
Listen to your heart as a Scorpio is a Scorpio which lets you command the road. However, the downsides are:

1. Comparable creature comforts and ride quality will not be as they are with a Magnum or an XUV5OO.
2. Complete lack of storage space for knick Knacks and tools, apart from an inadequate glove box.
3. Bouncy high speed ride due to its anti aerodynamic shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Saw the new Scorpio today at the Mahindra Kondapur showroom in Hyderabad, the S6. It wasn't available for a test drive, so had to be content with just taking a look inside and outside.
In a week or two I will take it for a test drive and find out about ride quality. But if I'm being asked to pay Rs 14.62 lakh on the road for an S8 BS4, (whatever the BS4 means), I'll need to see a little more riding and seating comfort. The Xylo across the room felt a lot more plush from the inside, but unfortunately I still have a violent reaction to that vehicle's looks.
XUV5OO S6 would suite your requirements perfectly if you are looking for a comfortable 7 seater. If you are fine with 5 seaters then you have a lot of choice with the likes of Duster, Terrano and EcoSport which are much more refined and confortable.

BSIV is Bharat stage emission standard which came in 2010. Its is the emission standard to regulate the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engines

Last edited by m_upreti : 20th October 2014 at 10:30.
m_upreti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 13:59   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Thank You Miyer for the S4 and S6 photos.

I am sure the legroom wouldn't be different between the S4 and other variants. Did you mean the legroom difference between the 7/8 seater variants?
Well Yes since S4 comes with Non-Sliding variant of the middle row.
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:17   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy,

Even I do have a 2012 model Optra Magnum & now thinking of going for XUV 500 or Scorpio.
I liked the ride of duster, I took it to the same route in which I took the TD of Volvo V40, duster’s ability to absorb potholes were superior when compared to V40, which is a 39 Lakhs vehicle. But V40 is superior in so many other aspects.
Duster is not a 7 seater and it is bit of a concern tough AWD variant is bit tempting.

I took a short TD of new Scorpio near Bannarghatta road -Bangalore but could not take it to high ways. Vehicle was much better than the 2005 CRDe model that I owned for a short duration. I liked the black and silver scorpio & the local TD was also good.

I had faced many issues with Chevy service and I want to go for something at least reliable.
There are mixed reviews on XUV 500 and I am not sure about its ride quality and reliability as I have never tested it.

I have used innova for 2 years before buying Magnum in 2012, and when I took a TD of new Innova it was not exciting to drive though it is a very reliable vehicle.
What add to my worry is that I have changed around 16 cars in last 14 years and I do not want to change my next car so soon.
I do live in Kerala these days and my daily drive could be around 180 KM.

If someone can throw some lights or give some suggestions then it will be a great help.
Of course Team BHpians were the main inspiration for deciding on Optra last time :-)

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2014 at 23:22. Reason: Fixed quotes, thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:33   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I took a short TD of new Scorpio near Bannarghatta road -Bangalore but could not take it to high ways. Vehicle was much better than the 2005 CRDe model that I owned for a short duration.
I do not want to change my next car so soon.
I do live in Kerala these days and my daily drive could be around 180 KM.
Oh yes !! The 2005 crde has a different engine and this one has the mhawk (just for starters).

Well, your requirement is a different one. IF you drive 180 kms per day, it means you would drive 65,000 kms per year.

To NOT change your car for 4 years, I would suggest to go for Innova. IF you are ready to overhaul the engine or spend more on repais, Scorpio/XUV would do fine. There is mixed feedback on Scorpio. Some mHawks have crossed 2,25,000 kms without issues and some have needed major engine works at around 2.25L kms. Again, both vehicles were loved, cared and serviced as per the recommendation of M&M. Again, the resale on a 3 year / ~ 2,00,000 kms scorpio would not be much, whereas you would get 2-3 lacs more for a similarly used Innova. You would mostly be getting low ball offers as the mileage would be treated on par with a commerical vehicle.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 22nd October 2014 at 21:34.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:54   #1076
BHPian

Thanks for your time to do the math and to reply.

I will be doing that numbers on 5 days a week only (Infact started driving up & down from home to office every day just a week ago only, otherwise my average usage was 2000KM per month. My old Innova had hard clutch but the new one I tested had very smooth clutch.
One of my friend's mHawk Scorpio did 2L KM without any issues. But Toyota is very reliable for at least 4-5 L KM.

Still my heart is on Scorpio but XUV 500 and duster are also there in my mind. Sometimes thoughts about having an automatic also haunts me.
Thoughts of a vehicle enthusiast is so wide and unexpected, hence tough to control too

Got to know that the sales are bit low in October for many manufacturers.

Need to wait for December / Jan to see the dynamics and offers in the vehicle market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Oh yes !! The 2005 crde has a different engine and this one has the mhawk (just for starters).

Well, your requirement is a different one. IF you drive 180 kms per day, it means you would drive 65,000 kms per year.

To NOT change your car for 4 years, I would suggest to go for Innova. IF you are ready to overhaul the engine or spend more on repais, Scorpio/XUV would do fine. There is mixed feedback on Scorpio. Some mHawks have crossed 2,25,000 kms without issues and some have needed major engine works at around 2.25L kms. Again, both vehicles were loved, cared and serviced as per the recommendation of M&M. Again, the resale on a 3 year / ~ 2,00,000 kms scorpio would not be much, whereas you would get 2-3 lacs more for a similarly used Innova. You would mostly be getting low ball offers as the mileage would be treated on par with a commerical vehicle.
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 22:53   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your time to do the math and to reply.

I will be doing that numbers on 5 days a week only (Infact started driving up & down from home to office every day just a week ago only, otherwise my average usage was 2000KM per month. My old Innova had hard clutch but the new one I tested had very smooth clutch.
One of my friend's mHawk Scorpio did 2L KM without any issues. But Toyota is very reliable for at least 4-5 L KM.

Still my heart is on Scorpio but XUV 500 and duster are also there in my mind. Sometimes thoughts about having an automatic also haunts me.
Thoughts of a vehicle enthusiast is so wide and unexpected, hence tough to control too

Got to know that the sales are bit low in October for many manufacturers.

Need to wait for December / Jan to see the dynamics and offers in the vehicle market.
If you want my advice then I will say close your eyes and buy an automatic. It doesn't matter which make or which fuel or which body style. Heck, I am fast turning into an automatic maniac. I am soooo hopelessly hooked onto ATs that when I have to drive my F-in-L's Alto, I prefer to ride my automatic Dio. I just cannot drive manuals any more. Correction. Ok. I can but I won't. In most of our crowded cities, it is a curse to do hundred gear-changes and hundred clutch depressions which generally are rock-hard.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 23:08   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If you want my advice then I will say close your eyes and buy an automatic. It doesn't matter which make or which fuel or which body style. Heck, I am fast turning into an automatic maniac. I am soooo hopelessly hooked onto ATs that when I have to drive my F-in-L's Alto, I prefer to ride my automatic Dio. I just cannot drive manuals any more. Correction. Ok. I can but I won't. In most of our crowded cities, it is a curse to do hundred gear-changes and hundred clutch depressions which generally are rock-hard.
Yes in city the future is automatic. Probably automatic with manual override is the best option in any given situation provided that the automatic is quiet fast and efficient.

I was in Bangalore for 12 years and my heart (or my knees and leg) was longing for an automatic but then there were not much choices.

Today we have better choices.If I was in a city I would have considered the new Rapid/ WV Vento DSG.

But for the terrain in kerala a vehicle with good ground clearance and commanding view is preferred. I am basically from Idukki district ( Hill station Munnar is in Idukki) and I think a SUV kind of vehicle is better atleast in rainy season.
Old 23rd October 2014, 02:25   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy,

Even I do have a 2012 model Optra Magnum & now thinking of going for XUV 500 or Scorpio.
Of course Team BHpians were the main inspiration for deciding on Optra last time :-)
Well, I booked my XUV W8 AWD today, simply because its the best all rounder. Should get it by mid next week.
Cheers.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 06:43   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Well, I booked my XUV W8 AWD today, simply because its the best all rounder. Should get it by mid next week.
Cheers.
Good move Aniket. If budget permits, the XUV is a newer/better designed platform with better engine/better gearbox tons of safety features, etc, etc.. People like to point out that it is not body on frame but monoqoque/unibody construction, but for regular passenger use, you don't require a ladder frame.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks