Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2014, 06:45   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Well, I booked my XUV W8 AWD today, simply because its the best all rounder. Should get it by mid next week.
Cheers.
Congratulations Aniket End of the day good choice.

OT: Could you please let us know which showroom you booked it from? And what were the discounts offered to you?
Old 23rd October 2014, 08:37   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Well, I booked my XUV W8 AWD today, simply because its the best all rounder. Should get it by mid next week.
Cheers.
Congratulations. A very good move considering the X number of features XUV provides us in comparison with scorpio and also considering the fact that it is a better looking and spacious vehicle as well.

On an other note I expect Mahindra to rethink on the pricing of Scorpio. I just don't feel it's the right price for the car.
Kratos453 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:41   #1083
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
Congratulations. A very good move considering the X number of features XUV provides us.

On an other note I expect Mahindra to rethink on the pricing of Scorpio. I just don't feel it's the right price for the car.
Yep earlier the Safari was clearly priced a fair bit over the equivalent Scorpio versions and was in many ways a size bigger. The XUV was a tad higher than the Storme and lower than the perceived overpriced ARIA. Now the most desirable S10 version is too highly priced and too close to the XUV W8 and on par with W6. S10 should have come in at current s8 price point. There will always be initial takers for the top end model S10 but in time there will be greater though put in and XUV W6 seems the clear better deal. Storme update could take away a bit of the S10 shine. You should not have a vehicle listed at 7.9L ex showroom for the base variant landing at 16+ for the top model OTR in some locations. Too wide a range.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 22:29   #1084
BHPian

Congrats Aniket,

I think your decision will make you happy.

May God bless your stint with the new vehicle !

We'll wait for your feedback on ownership experience.
Cheers!
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 00:11   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
Congratulations. A very good move considering the X number of features XUV provides us in comparison with scorpio and also considering the fact that it is a better looking and spacious vehicle as well.

In marketing sense its priced right for them.
If the price is closer to XUV, many customers might end up spending more to buy it instead of scorpio. In the end more profit for Mahindra,
Old 24th October 2014, 07:21   #1086
BHPian

I think your opinion is true.

I visited the showroom in Bannargatta road and took the TD of newScorpio but now I am considering XUV 500.
Even though there are mixed reviews about XUV , especially about its ride, I also felt that its a good all round package available int the market.

I have requested a TD of XUV from the dealer TVS in Kochi and yet to take it.
Duster's ride is excellent but it is good for seating just 4.5 (not 5 ) people.

Waiting for December / Jan to see the offers in the market.

Can anyone in the forum comment on the ride quality and improvements in the latest XUV 5OO models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
many customers might end up spending more to buy it instead of scorpio.
Old 24th October 2014, 09:00   #1087
Team-BHP Support

I agree about the huge pricing gap. Especially when I have paid up for the S10 4X4 (waiting for it)
I do not really like the XUV (its a brilliant car) & Tata's ASC is beyond my reach + the fact that as a product, Scorpio might be having less of issues. And also that a new Storme is being launched.

IMO, they should have skipped the S8 model & introduce the S10 just a bit over the S8's price. Currently, the S8 sits at where the VLX's price was. Yes, they have introduced more features, but much hasn't changed from the past (not feature wise, but shell wise)

This is liking milking the brand. FYI, the demand is so much that S2, 4 & 10 are completely sold out. I am sure, this will be a sales success. Has converts as well from the other cars in this price range.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th October 2014 at 09:04.
Old 25th October 2014, 21:46   #1088
Senior - BHPian

on a side note - I saw another scorpio today on the OMR in Chennai. I could only see it from the side/rear. I was cycling and it was quite quick (80ish) It had a fully stickered rear.

I may be completely wrong, but it seemed like the back was "flat" i.e not the two tone hideous stuff that is currently there.
Old 26th October 2014, 08:16   #1089
Team-BHP Support

As per Economic Times, over 6000 Scorpios have been sold since the new model has been launched.
Old 26th October 2014, 11:42   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations Aniket End of the day good choice.

OT: Could you please let us know which showroom you booked it from? And what were the discounts offered to you?
Thanks, I booked it from India Garage and got a discount of Rs. 65k plus 10k worth of free accessories. Yet to decide on other accessories to install apart from the reverse camera from them. Insurance is free, but if I pay up 4k more, it would be upgraded to Bumper to bumper type.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 12:14   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the new Scorpio and the space was at a premium for the second and third row. For all its bulk outside, its a very modest cabin inside.

Maybe I am comparing it to the hatchbacks and sedans, but I felt the quality of trim on inside could do better.

Mahindra had brought the vehicle to our office campus and it attracted a fairly large crowd.
Old 26th October 2014, 17:09   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I am waiting for it, too. But there is no word from M&M. I am disappointed. AT will probably make an appearance when novelty of the vehicle wears. But back in 2009 (3rd facelift), I remember they introduced AT along with MT. This time around, it is diferent.
It's so disappointing - I can t even say!! Having tracked this vehicle for almost a year and not having an automatic available IMHO is suicidal for Mahindra. The Scorpio is one of the best value for money in the market today and I can't for the life of me understand why there is no auto. I spoke to some guys at Mahindra auto and they are equally tight lipped. I saw a post in Jan that showed the auto test mule - so it's definitely on the cards - the golden Q is when? Is anyone in Mahindra listening? Rumour has it they want to launch the upcoming compact SUV and then the XUV auto box !!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2014 at 11:56. Reason: Fixing quote, typos
Old 26th October 2014, 18:38   #1093
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Checked out the new Scorpio and the space was at a premium for the second and third row. For all its bulk outside, its a very modest cabin inside.
This has always been a major flaw of the Scorpio. Innova for example has much less exterior bulk but much more interior space when compared to the Scorpio.
Old 26th October 2014, 19:24   #1094
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Ok from these new pictures it looks so much better. I still think........... just have to wait and see if they plonk an auto transmission in it ��
Just so, zombiedriver! An automatic would put the 'Sone pe suhaga' touch, so to speak, on the new Scorpio. I have been using the original Scorpio (2004 model) with non-CRDE prime mover now for over 10 years.

And my one & only grouse is that they did not have an auto on offer at time. Like most other Scorpio-owner acquaintances I am one happy owner and I have no intention of selling my faithful old Bucephalus. But I do have every intention of acquiring a new one after they introduce the automatic.

For a while I was sold on the XUV, but having followed the owners' feed back on these columns and on other fora, I'm glad I waited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Mods: Will we get our own official review of this car ?
http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/ is updated with new scorpio.
Yes indeed - that's a great question. Mods, when do we get the official review of this car. That will probably - ahem! - tip the balance of opinion!

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th October 2014 at 02:39. Reason: Back to back posts merged, please read the Mod note in your post, thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 22:26   #1095
BHPian

BHPians...

My query above is unanswered.

Can anyone in the forum comment on the ride quality and improvements in the latest XUV 5OO models,if time permits?

Thanks in advance
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks