Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 22:32   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can anyone in the forum comment on the ride quality and improvements in the latest XUV 5OO models?
Quote:
Can anyone in the forum comment on the ride quality and improvements in the latest XUV 5OO models,if time permits?
Please cross post your query here, you'll get a faster response:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-445.html

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 23:07   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
BHPians...

My query above is unanswered.

Can anyone in the forum comment on the ride quality and improvements in the latest XUV 5OO models,if time permits?

Thanks in advance
XUV500 has been improved several folds compared to its initial launch.
Niggles and stuff all taken care of.
Ride quality is also improved. Mahindra is constantly tweaking the suspensions to improve the ride experience, for example under "Orange Recall", which is done when the vehicle is brought for servicing the XUVs suspensions are tweaked.
Electronics failures have also been rectified for the most part.

Take a test drive and see for yourself.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 18:43   #1098
BHPian

Are there examples where someone has changed the interiors on their Scorpio, specifically made the seating more comfortable, more plush, and made the interiors more 'upmarket' in terms of comfort? Would this void the warranty (I'm not talking of electrical changes)?

It seems a pity to me- having seen the new Scorpio- that a vehicle that's north of Rs 14 lakh (Hyderabad) and otherwise quite good in all respects does not at all give the feeling of comfort, especially in the second row.
Old 28th October 2014, 21:01   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Are there examples where someone has changed the interiors on their Scorpio, specifically made the seating more comfortable, more plush, and made the interiors more 'upmarket' in terms of comfort? Would this void the warranty (I'm not talking of electrical changes)?

It seems a pity to me- having seen the new Scorpio- that a vehicle that's north of Rs 14 lakh (Hyderabad) and otherwise quite good in all respects does not at all give the feeling of comfort, especially in the second row.
If money is not a constraint, opt for the DC Lounge on Scorpio. It should cost approximately 5-6 lacs for the kit I guess. They offer a plethora of seat options and can also throw in a massager if needed. They offer Innova captain chairs as a simple upgrade or even offer the airline business class like recliner seats. Just talk to them, they are pretty good at options
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 23:22   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
New Scorpio has new chassis and new suspension, but interior space is same and as cramped as before.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 15:09   #1101
BHPian

Took the TD of XUV and Aria also.

I found Aria's ride on the broken road way better than XUV 5OO.

Pick up of the new Aria is also good compared to Innoa. As Iam using the diesel rocket optra mganum , I can say that Aria did not disappoint me on the pick up and ride. Even interiors were good though I tried the base version pure LX.

Now planning to TD new Scorpio again to determine if my next buy should be a Scorpio or XUV or Aria. But currently the Aria has more +ives.
Old 29th October 2014, 15:31   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Took the TD of XUV and Aria also.

I found Aria's ride on the broken road way better than XUV 5OO.

Pick up of the new Aria is also good compared to Innova. Even interiors were good though I tried the base version pure LX.

But currently the Aria has more +ives.
You are in a very similar situation that I am in, only difference being i Have Safari Storme in the equation as well.

And yes the base variant LX. Now with a new spruced up offering due in Nov mid for Strome i am playing a waiting game.

What is the offer that you are getting for ARIA LX and from which dealer in BLR ?
Old 29th October 2014, 17:04   #1103
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Autocar magazine has advertisements of a company / brand - AGM
9871702220. Which has done up the interiors and exteriors of the previous Scorpio. Should be cheaper than the DC option.
Should be possible for the current one as well.

Last edited by ACM : 29th October 2014 at 17:13.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 22:01   #1104
BHPian

Finally there is reason to cheer for all New Scorpio Buyers in Bangalore. All the 22 variants from S4-S10 (with all the seating combinations) are approved by the RTO (Office of the Transport Commissioner) on Mon this week and can get permanent registration without any delay.

Only delays could be the booking and shipment from the plant that could take 1-2 weeks perhaps at the current Demand-Supply levels.
Miyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 06:26   #1105
Team-BHP Support

I got this pic from one of the Scorpio groups on FB. Posting this here, as i dont think we have any pics of the Scorpio with the unpainted cladding on this thread.

The vehicle in the pic below is wearing after-market alloys.

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-scorpio.jpg
benbsb29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 07:45   #1106
Team-BHP Support

Benny - If you can find out the exact make/model no of the alloy wheel. I simply love this. And this is the only change I probably would like to do.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 09:22   #1107
BHPian

Bro...

I moved out of Bangalore almost a year back after living there for 12 years.

So I have consulted Concorde in Kochi. As per the short discussion on finances I understood that there is 1 lakh discount and I can also get a corporate discount of 30K. But I am sure the discounts will increase if i go to the showroom and discuss it with the managers at Concorde.

There is no doubt that Aria's ride is the best among the competitions and with the new engine the pick also matches a D segment sedan. I was not able to digest the ride of XUV in broken roads.

Irrespective of many shortcomings I like the simplicity of Scorpio and its looks. It has a good visibility, I tried the new Scorpio in Bangalore and was able to drive upto 80 KM speed and i felt OK. Black or Silver will be the best for the new Scorpio.

I never felt that I am driving a heavy vehicle when I TDed the Aria for one hour.

Waiting till December/ Jan to see the market dynamics and the new offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
What is the offer that you are getting for ARIA LX and from which dealer in BLR ?
Tornado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 11:26   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Bro...

Irrespective of many shortcomings I like the simplicity of Scorpio and its looks. It has a good visibility, I tried the new Scorpio in Bangalore and was able to drive upto 80 KM speed and i felt OK. Black or Silver will be the best for the new Scorpio.

I never felt that I am driving a heavy vehicle when I TDed the Aria for one hour.

Waiting till December/ Jan to see the market dynamics and the new offers.
My buying horizon is also similar to yours

Between similar price point Scorpio S4 and ARIA Pure LX, which one would you prefer and what would be your decision based upon ?
Old 30th October 2014, 13:48   #1109
BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Scorpio Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

If you do not consider the following such as resale value, common man's impression, future (probable) niggles etc then it is ARIA.

Because it has better built interiors, excellent ride (like a sedan), excellent pick up (like a turbo diesel sedan), good space, heavy build yet fuel efficient, feels settled on broken road and inspires confidence. I am sure this car will be great for long drives.

I have already driven various cars more than 2 lakh KMs in my life. the long drives were Mostly Bangalore to Idukki, and the return trips. In few ocassions Idukki to Hyderbad , velankanni, Mumbai etc.

As per my understanding Aria might be the best bet for high way.

It is purely value for money. I have used innova , Scorpio and currently owns Optra.
Aria has combination of many good things from these 3 . Aria gives a feeling that it has reserves while you try to accelerate fast. This is a great feeling for an enthusiastic driver

It seems like TATA want to retain this vehicle, otherwise they would not have come up with updates and upgrades.

XUV - though i liked its appeal to masses, and the features, the most important factor - ride quality in bad roads was not up to my expectations.

Scorpio- it’s a successful brand in its own horizon. It may not have top speed stability but I expect at least stability till 80-110 KM / hr speed.
It is not so huge, gives very commanding view, low turning radius, good in city driving and it is simple. But it cannot give comforts of Aria or XUV with regards to seating & ride.

In kerala at times in hilly areas like my place, during rain I have to take deviations from main road (NH49) and go through some bad roads, in this scenario Scorpio is a good vehicle.
With good ground clearance XUV and Aria also might be good, may be the approach and departure angles of Scorpio is be better than the others except duster. (I did not measure this aspect but guessing)

Need to do a test drive of Scorpio in broken roads and see how it behaves.
Scorpio will have takers in used car market for sure but Aria is yet to prove. Current resale value of old models is too bad.

I will take a decision only after a prayerful contemplation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
My buying horizon is also similar to yours
Between similar price point Scorpio S4 and ARIA Pure LX, which one would you prefer and what would be your decision based upon ?

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2014 at 14:21. Reason: Adding link to our review :)
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks