Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 11:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The all-new Scorpio has been in the pipeline for quite some time now, but a Diwali 2012 launch sounds way too optimistic. Diwali 2013 seems more like it. The mini-Xylo, OTOH, is probably slated for launch just before Diwali 2012.
The workshop incharge seemed quite sure of this info. believe you me, i grilled him all I could. I even mentioned mini Xylo, and he smiled and siad- I have been working for M&M for quite a few years and so I do know the diff between the Xlo and Scorp.

He was pretty clear that the New scorp is being launched this Diwali. My guess is that the exterior look is more of a refresh II and the mechanicals are being upgraded. if that were the case, then they would be doing the testing in the present body only and no one would know the difference.

Anyways, Like i said, i have no sources in M&M, so if anyone does, plesae verify this info. i am as much in the dark as everyone else here
Old 29th May 2012, 11:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
...believe you me...
Not denying, denigrating or shooting down your source(s) of information, but just putting forth whatever little information I have received.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is a ploy to divert some of the attention from the Tata Safari Storme.

Mahindra has nothing fresh at this moment in this category to offer, hence resorting to this rumour spreading strategy. Atleast some will fall for it!
Old 29th May 2012, 11:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

I believe it might be the facelift like the new Xylo facelift. I might be wrong, but as far as I remember, the Xylo facelift test mules were also not spotted much in advance like the Xylo Mini and XUV mules. So yeah, Scorpio facelift (with interiors revamp) sounds quite possible.
Old 29th May 2012, 15:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

The news in confirmed. Mahindra is working on an All new Scorpio. Autocar June issue mentions the same.

They would be using the same mechanicals (MHAWK Et all) but body and features will be revisited. So we should see a better looking, better handling and LIGHTER Scorpio. - Yes lighter. The main aim of M&M research valley is to make the scorpio lighter to make the engine more fuel efficient & perform better.
Old 29th May 2012, 23:12   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Over lunch, we were discussing the merits and demerits of XUV ( he told me that i did a good thing bynot buying XUV since the service guys are fed up with the number of complaints coming in the vehicle- mostly to do with electronics and the suspension
The last time I took my Scorpio for service, I went for a test drive with their senior most mechanic and he advised me against the XUV500 until the dust settles as the initial ones have a lot of complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Now, if all these changes are to be incorporated, it is like designing a new vehicle from scratch. Well, almost. So since test mules are yet to be seen, I dont think the new Scorpio will be seen anytime soon.
I agree with Raj. We start to see test mules of every model a few months before the launch as manufacturers have to do a good amount of testing in real world conditions. I dont' think a heavy update will be launced before a year atleast.

Quote:
From what I have gathered, it seems M&M is determined to completely annihilate TML in the SUV segment- whatever little the Aria was selling has been decimated by teh XUV and now, if these changes are indeed incorporated in the Scorpio, then TML will surely find the Storme in the eye of a storm!!
Tata is too busy selling Jaguar's and Landrovers to worry about products for the Indian market.
Old 30th May 2012, 14:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

There was some news about a Rexton launch for Diwali 2012. Is the new Scorpio being mistaken for the Rexton ?
Old 30th May 2012, 16:38   #23
AVR
BHPian

It could quite likely be a disinformation ploy by MM too which is smart too:
Look at it this way:

1) This information is leaking out around the time the Storme is expected to launch in a month or so
2) Quite likely that the Storme will do better on most counts than the current Scorpio and if they put this news around then its likely that a lot of fence-sitters will delay their inclination to purchase the Storme and start waiting for the new Scorpio which maybe gives them more time to see what needs to go onto the "refreshed" scorpio
3) No test-mules spotted anywhere in the country. That surely reeks of either absolute confidence in their designs that don't need testing. lol. Or there is no vehicle to test as such.

No offence meant to the member who made the original post but just a thought.
Old 30th May 2012, 17:40   #24
BHPian

I agree , where are the mules running around - Chennai ? Any sightings there ?
Old 1st June 2012, 16:28   #25
F50
Senior - BHPian

No New Scorpio atleast till next summer. Diwali news doesn't seem to have weight. I got it confirmed from someone from M&M.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 05:21   #26
BHPian

Someone I know in M&M has confirmed that the Mini Xylo and Rexton will be launched just before and after Diwali. They are hoping to have long wait lists for the Mini Xylo and will be coming up with really shocking prices at launch which will then be hiked later based on the demand, something that they did with the XUV's launch as well.

No new Scorpio in 2012 atleast. They already have their hands full with multiple other products and can't afford to spare any time for a product that's doing fairly well. Even the launch of the Safari Storme is not bothering them too much since even they know it's only a Storme in a teacup.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Someone I know in M&M has confirmed that the Mini Xylo and Rexton will be launched just before and after Diwali. They are hoping to have long wait lists for the Mini Xylo and will be coming up with really shocking prices at launch which will then be hiked later based on the demand, something that they did with the XUV's launch as well.

No new Scorpio in 2012 atleast. They already have their hands full with multiple other products and can't afford to spare any time for a product that's doing fairly well. Even the launch of the Safari Storme is not bothering them too much since even they know it's only a Storme in a teacup.
I agree - Diwali 2013 maybe a resonable timeline to launch an all new scorpio. Scorpio sells 4 times as much as its competitor (Safari). No test mules spotted at all. I think next year (2013) they would launch a Korando, Verito CS/hatchback and maybe an XUV Auto in addition to the all new scorpio. Lets wait and watch for some test mules.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:46   #28
BHPian

I don't think a new Scorpio is likely to be launched any time soon. Even the Autocar article mentions 2014. I had received a call from Mahindra regarding feedback for Scorpio AT around a month back but they never followed up after that.
Old 13th June 2012, 12:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Some good news on this front (though it is still not necessary that the new Scorpio may be launched around Diwali & the new model may be almost 2 years away):

Scorpio to shift gears

Quote:
At the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai, a group of engineers are eating, sleeping and breathing “W105” these days. W105 is the codename for an all-new Scorpio – the brand that marked the transition of Mahindra and Mahindra from a tractor manufacturer to a sports utility vehicle maker exactly 10 years ago. The new model is expected to hit the showrooms in two years.
Goenka isn’t willing to share many details, except that subtle design changes would be made to make the SUV look more rugged. “Screaming to be a Scorpio is the brief we have to give to the design department,” he adds. The buzz also is that a more powerful engine option will be provided to complement the style of the new vehicle.
Hope to see the test mules on road soon.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 12:46   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra has confirmed that it has started work on an all-new Scorpio scheduled for release in 2014. Codenamed W105, the new Scorpio is being developed at the Chennai R&D center by a select group of engineers. M&M has not revealed too many details of the upcoming Scorpio apart from the fact that it will have subtle design changes and extensive work done on the mechanicals
Work begins on the 2014 Mahindra Scorpio/Mahindra W105
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks