Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:00   #91
SMK
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Don't see any major changes in the bodyshell, so could just be a facelift. Alloys are hidden too, maybe a new design on offer. What about the dashboard? What changes did you spot there?
The whole dashboard was covered, couldn't look into much since I was driving a verna. The driver also was trying to get away and slow down suddenly not allowing my sister to take pics

Sure there is a change in the way dashboard has been designed.
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:50   #92
BHPian

The side profile with this camouflage appears Ford Mustang inspired to me .
Welcome move by Mahindra . To maintain their position and sales they have to hurry with this one as well as for XUV. And yes , not to forget the thar update .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Spotted this one on way to Bangalore on NH4. Couldn't take many pic coz i was in a hurry. The front and the rear were heavily camouflaged along with dashboard and seats too. New facelift?
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:24   #93
PPS
Senior - BHPian

This is what Rohin Nagrani of BS Motoring tweeted about the upcoming Scorpio!

Name:  1.png
Views: 19730
Size:  77.0 KB
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 01:44   #94
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks too similar to the current one in my view. Will not help boost sales significantly
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 09:57   #95
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra is going the Tata way. IMO Storme was not as significant an upgrade to deserve a next gen Safari tag. Same thing with this one. I thought the next gen Scorpio would be an all new vehicle. But as per latest news, it's just gonna be a tweaked version of the current one. But yes; more interior space, new features, bumped up power output are all welcome additions. Hope they'd do something to the suspension as well.
Old 12th September 2013, 18:44   #96
BHPian

Source HERE

The recent interview with Pawan Goenka suggests that the facelifted Scorpio will come in June 2014 and the ALL NEW Scorpio will not come anytime sooner than 2017.

I just hope the wait is worth.

Best,
TheG2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 22:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

More spy pic, courtesy Motorbash:

http://motorbash.com/spyshots-motorb...aunch-in-2014/
Old 17th September 2013, 14:19   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpio Facelift Coming in June 2014.

http://motorbash.com/scorpio-facelif...-in-june-2014/
Old 17th September 2013, 14:32   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Scorpio Facelift Coming in June 2014.

http://motorbash.com/scorpio-facelif...-in-june-2014/
looks like Mahindra has decided to retail the cone shape rear lamp. (Mahindra please get rid of the ridiculous long tree from the back)
EasyR1der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 15:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

That BSMotoring guy seems thoroughly confused in his tweets! Talk about irresponsible journalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
If its only a facelift, what could be the reason for testing?
Even if it's just a face-lift, testing is done to see how the new body panels are holding up over the long run and if they're working in tandem with the rest of the old paraphernalia. Of course, new mechanical changes, however small are subjected to tests as well.
Old 17th September 2013, 16:10   #101
Senior - BHPian

I know very little about Tata and Mahindra cars. In fact for years I found them both very boring, perhaps because they mainly made unappealing big boxy vehicles, till the XUV & nano was released.

This thread seems to have caught my attention. Could someone please tell me what is considered as competition to this Scorpio? I'd like to have a look at this segment and competing cars.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:56   #102
BHPian

Since the scorpio is selling quite good for such an old product facelift will add to the sales figures. The front doesn't need much of a change at all. Its the rear that has to have a completely new look. Just simply taking a spare to the tailgate will do as which was featured in the scorpio hybrid concept. The major thing they have to do is for interior space and the handling. I have not driven the mhawk powered scorpio the old one just wallows arond like a drunken cow.
AB@TVMBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 10:57   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Could someone please tell me what is considered as competition to this Scorpio? I'd like to have a look at this segment and competing cars.
At the moment, the prime competitors to the Scorpio are the
Safari, the Duster and the Ecosport alongwith the Innova.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 13:52   #104
BHPian

Guys, one of my client supplies the plastic compounds to M&M, and the W105 is indeed a soon launch. My client's projections are to a large extent hinged on the W105, success and apparently M&M is also expecting a runaway success (like XUV) and have thus asked the suppliers to have spare capacities ready just in case they receive an overwhelming launch response.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 18:22   #105
BHPian

The perception game in the SUV space has moved on big time in the Indian market after the launch of well rounded products like Duster and Ecosport.

Majority of the people who buy SUV's are not first time buyers rather people who have already owned sedans/hatchbacks. Now if a person who has grown up driving hatchback/sedan is asked to choose between Duster/Ecosport on one end and Safari/Scorpio on the other, he would more often than not lean towards Duster/Ecosport cos of the car like driving experience these vehicles offer and that too on a compact footprint. The likes of Scorpio and Safari are on a back-foot even before the battle has begun. The point i am trying to make is that especially in an urban environment where parking spaces are at a premium both at work places and at homes people prefer compact SUV's especially when it comes to small/medium families.

Both Tata and Mahindra have to realize that these nip and tuck botox jobs are way too little to draw the attention of prospective customers towards them. MUV's like Innova do not compete with the likes of Duster and Ecosport and hence are less likely to be affected with the barrage of softroaders the market is likely to witness in the coming years.

Most people who buy the SUV's do not even take their vehicles out for serious off-roading jaunts. All they are looking for are rugged suspensions to deal with our pothole ridden roads and enhanced ground clearance to deal with monstrous speed breakers. The massive kerb weights of SUV's like Scorpio and Safari takes a direct hit on the fuel efficiency which is a massive factor amidst soaring oil prices. USA witnessed a major change in people's appetite from fuel guzzling SUV's to sedans and there is a hint of that happening here in India.

What Mahindra needs to do to keep its SUV's afloat [in addition to launching a soft-roader] is

1] Reduce the kerb Weight of its SUV's. Now the Scorpio weighs over 1800 kilos and that is a lot even for a car of its size.

2] Trying to make the driving experience of its vehicles as car like as possible. Now that does not just include ride and handling characteristics but also include lighter controls and a smooth shifting gearbox which is easier to operate.

3] Trying to improve fuel efficiency by not just reducing the kerb Weight but also improving the out right efficiency of the engine and trying to make the design of their vehicles more aerodynamic and streamlined.

4] Trying improve the quality/finishing of interiors. Its no use offering plenty of features if the quality of plastics or textures of materials is not of high standard. Ill fitting parts are an eyesore people like to avoid these days.

5] Having more number of service outlets is not enough they need to improve they need to work on making their after sales and service network more customer friendly.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 18th September 2013 at 18:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks