Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 08:29   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
It sort of looks like the Maruti Uno - on stilts.
You mean Fiat Uno . I agree though with the theme of this thread that cars are becoming uglier, driven in large part by the tax 'tiers', if you will. Wonder what kind of sales projections the M&M mandarins are working with for this one. However, looks aside, my guess is that it will have a strong VFM proposition.
Agarwaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 09:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post

You mean Fiat Uno . I agree though with the theme of this thread that cars are becoming uglier, driven in large part by the tax 'tiers', if you will. Wonder what kind of sales projections the M&M mandarins are working with for this one. However, looks aside, my guess is that it will have a strong VFM proposition.
Correct, the Fiat Uno. Just now my dad said it looks OK, his friend thinks it looks like the old VW Golf GTI. *shocked *! They consider the design as a Classic!
Old 29th May 2013, 09:08   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'

This will be the most beautiful hatchback in India, it means to look something more than ugly. The only changes made to Verito on the rear side is replacing the extended bonnet with a small boot, adding Christmas tree tail lamps and is the boot door same from the Verito, looks like it.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:53   #94
Team-BHP Support

I kind of like this look. It resembles the old Ford Focus hatchback shown below.

I would pick this design over any of the compact sedan's like the Dzire and indigo CS. Thank god Mahindra did not go with compact sedan design with a smaller boot. It would have looked outright hideous.

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-fordfocuseurope2006.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 13:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

Since the hatch will be launched on June 06, the cars have started reaching the dealerships. Here is link to ICB report on the same:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...erships-70941/
Old 4th June 2013, 02:13   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I kind of like this look. It resembles the old Ford Focus hatchback shown below.

I would pick this design over any of the compact sedan's like the Dzire and indigo CS. Thank god Mahindra did not go with compact sedan design with a smaller boot. It would have looked outright hideous.

Attachment 1089535
I may be in a hopeless minority, but I tend to like looks that are simple, clean and useful. Believe it or not, Figo was one of my favourite looking cars because of its simple and clean looks. For that reason, I could never digest the looks of the Beat or similar looking "futuristic" cars.

Having said that, the Verito Vibe hopes to be a spacious car and I only hope that the unusual boot lid makes it easy to load/offload luggage.

I too find the looks of the Vibe quite acceptable and any car that passes my S-P-E-R-M () test is a winner for me.

Space: The Verito has been recognised for its cabin space.
Price: The price is crucial to the success or failure of the Verito.
Engine: The Renault engine has been endorsed by cab drivers.
Reliability: Again, the Veritos reliability with cab drivers could work with Verito as well.
Mileage: I have heard that the diesel Verito is a frugal engine. Vibe will gain here as well.
misquitas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 15:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Hi @misquitas

I believe this car is slow enough to fail S-P-E-R-M test (interesting terminology , which can be used in auto cos boardrooms without any fear of sexual harassment case) most private buyers, & the faster S-P-E-R-M (s) will sure inseminate the eggs (garages) of the buyers.

Taxi operators are a different breed... isn't it so.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:56   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Calls the 'Vibe' a Sporty 3 Box sedan.

Quote:
Mahindra will call and promote it as a compact sedan rather than a full-fledged hatch. However, through its expected prices, it appears that it will also compete with the premium hatchbacks available in our country. Also note the tagline -”Everybody Loves a Sport” hinting at the possibility of the promotion of the car as a sporty alternate to the regular cars available in this segment. Vibe is Mahindra’s effort in offering a sub 4-meter car.
http://motorbash.com/mahindra-teases...unch-tomorrow/

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th June 2013 at 15:57.
Old 5th June 2013, 08:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

A sneak peek at the much talked about rear end of the Vibe! I felt it looks OK and should do well for buyers who prefer the understated looks!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-20130604_092506.jpg  

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-20130604_092208.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:04   #100
BHPian

The way the rear hatch cover/lid opens is outright ugly. Any piece of luggage wider than the entry hole will cause problems even if there is lot of space inside. I will also expect alignment problems since there is no real hinge and the path is defined with the 'S' shaped braces (?).

Commercial usage - no way! I am also surprised now rear wash/wiper provided. It would have made the rear look better.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:11   #101
Team-BHP Support

The way that hatch opens is ridiculous.

I have not seen a design as stupid as this one.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:19   #102
Team-BHP Support

Till now I was thinking this is a notch back with the glass opening up as well. This is outright idiotic to have a small rectangular hole as the boot. What were Mahindra thinking?

I change my mind about this car looking at the way the boot opens.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

Yes, indeed it is going to be a pain to load large pieces of luggage without damaging our head or the bumper!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Obnoxious design of the boot opening. One will have to get a small stool to sit down and load the luggage. Does not give the feeling of space when the boot is opened with the chances of rear glass getting scratches if the alignment goes bad or somebody opens the boot with a greater force than usual.

Does the Vibe come with split rear seats? If so then the luggage loading is going to be cumbersome once boot is opened.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:58   #105
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Bit of tight squeeze to load luggage. For that matter even in the much vaunted Maruti Swift it is a pain to load luggage on account of that horrible lip near the bumper. When will these manufacturers learn that one needs a flat surface extending straight from the bumper inwards to make it a comfortable experience to load luggage?
Same goes for the folding seats. They should always be 60:40 to afford maximum flexibility. The seats should fold absolutely flat as well like they do in the Honda Jazz and several other vehicles.

Else the Verito is an excellent car for daily use. I travelled in one last night from the airport in Hyderabad and it was absolutely brand new. Very comfortable and pretty silent engine too. Nice and powerful, peppy and overall a solid, economical, sensible buy.

I am sure this VFM Verito Hatchback will do very well in our price sensitive market. Any idea if there are options with ABS, Airbags and other safety stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
A sneak peek at the much talked about rear end of the Vibe! I felt it looks OK and should do well for buyers who prefer the understated looks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks