Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2016, 01:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
No no! As long as you're getting 22-23kmpl, it's excellent mileage!

Mileage on a CNG car would be per kg, but the price per kg is different & mileage per kg is more. That's why the Nano has such a small (IIRC 5kg) CNG tank. I guess the CNG range is ~180-200kms.

Running cost on CNG works out cheaper than petrol. Overall cost benefit of CNG vs petrol would be if one uses the car extensively. I guess like ~12-15000 kms per year.

On petrol if you're getting 20+ kmpl in city, the car is running fine. Enjoy!
I am mostly running on CNG, with petrol for the first few kms in the morning and for the car's habit of surreptitiously sipping petrol on the sly. I keep the petrol tank topped up, so have a good idea of the total fuel consumption. The equivalence is used for the factoring the additional petrol used with the CNG.

I managed to push in 4.62 kgs of the CNG on my first fill, after that its been around 3.5 kg per fill. The overall fuel cost per km is around Rs. 1.86 to 1.9, which is pretty decent considering that the aircon was on all the time.

Also, since the car is being run in I am driving with a light right foot.
fighterace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:55   #92
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano CNG

The amount of Gas you can fill-in, depends on the pressure available at the gas station.
Usually, with a pressure of upto 210 - 220 bar, I got 5.47 kg filled in one go. The tank was completely empty, before filling.
If possible, try to fill the gas early in the morning, as you'll get more gas per filling.
In Pune city traffic, with AC ON I get the fuel efficiency of about 20-22 kmpl and on bypass road, which is quite congestion free, I get almost 30 kmpl without AC.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed