Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 11:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: May 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Adopt market driven pricing for Petrol and Diesel, allow private companies to import fuel for internal use (Air lines, State RTCs) or distribution.

State RTC buses, at present, donot have any consumables in working condition, thanks to flipping of those by their caretakers. Now if this is the case, they wont have fuel as well.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:25   #62
BHPian

With the kind of ridiculous pricing of Petrol with Centre and State, I don't see the sales of Petrol cars going anywhere in the near future.

Unless Diesel cars are levied heavily, Petrol cars would continue to decline.

I wonder how the overpriced Innova goes in full blast ~ 6500+ MOM.

I am sure it is a stellar reliable product. But at INR 16 Lakh OTR, IMHO, Toyota is robbing us Indians. No offence meant.

Somehow I feel all car prices are costlier nowadays. Budget effects taking a toll on the sales? Or one more recession in the making?
Old 5th June 2012, 11:55   #63
BHPian

BTW, Did anyone notice that Fiat sales figures is missing in the May sales report in the Tata Motors website? Have the divorce proceedings begun?
Old 5th June 2012, 12:33   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
BTW, Did anyone notice that Fiat sales figures is missing in the May sales report in the Tata Motors website? Have the divorce proceedings begun?
Because now Fiat has a different distribution network.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-network.html

Cheers!
Old 5th June 2012, 12:47   #65

Not sure if this has already been debated in this thread or anywhere else -

Can we have the sales split based on the price range ? I feel this would provide an insight into the Indian buyer sentiment more accurately especially in the sub 10 lakhs segment.

It would also reflect the competition between cars more clearly where a top end hatch competes with entry sedans and maybe outselling them

We would need data on pricing of each of the variants, their various discounts,etc. and also the pricing of the fuel variants so that petrol competes with petrol,etc.( I may probably have answered why such an analysis cannot be done !).

Regards,
Old 5th June 2012, 12:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Because now Fiat has a different distribution network.
The Fiat products are still being sold under the Tata umbrella esp the new Sports Punto. One of my colleague had enquired online for the Sports Punto and he was still directed to Tata dealers in Thane atleast. So logically still should have been a part of Tata figures.
Old 5th June 2012, 13:00   #67
BHPian

I am curious to know - how does Indigo Manza come in category C1 and not C2?
Old 6th June 2012, 07:15   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

A suggestion - it would be great if you could put the title of each picture in the post. First time over, everyone goes through all the jpgs. But if you want to come back and look at Top Losers MOM, then you have to again go through all the pictures to find the one you are looking for.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 11:44   #69
BHPian

I see a huge decline is the sales of Tata Manza which was otherwise termed as a VFM car. Does this mean that in over 2 yrs Manza has proven not roadworthy (as many expect typical for a Tata) ??? Or are the new diesel entrants killing the Manza?
Old 6th June 2012, 13:02   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I see a huge decline is the sales of Tata Manza which was otherwise termed as a VFM car. Does this mean that in over 2 yrs Manza has proven not roadworthy (as many expect typical for a Tata) ??? Or are the new diesel entrants killing the Manza?
I think this has some connection with the Tata - FIAT break-up. Fiat may have reduced the engine supply to Tata.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I think I sort of got an answer to this question today when I checked the prices of the various Manza variants today.

Aura QJD - sans abs, air bags, music system costs 7.96L (10k cash discount) , Aura ABS 8.4L and elan 9.1L. Rs 10,000 is the discount available. Verito D6 with abs airbags, integrated music system cost around 7.7L OTR including discounts chennai. With such ridiculuous pricing, it is no longer VFM.
Old 6th June 2012, 22:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I think this has some connection with the Tata - FIAT break-up. Fiat may have reduced the engine supply to Tata.
The engine is supplied by FIAT India, which is a joint venture between FIAT and Tata. No changes to this. Only the sales and distribution arrangement between TATA and FIAT changed. It is quite possible that supplying engine to other OEMS (read Maruti) is more profitable for TM that selling a fully built car, [ as per financial reports the Passenger cars division of TM is not profitable].
Old 6th June 2012, 23:30   #73
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the May sales numbers prove that it's the beginning of the end for Petrol cars as the upward revisions of Petrol prices continue unabated. The moment of truth will really be June sales (Diesel car sales will go up significantly) since:
-most people must now be convinced that Petrol prices will keep going north while Diesel prices will remain stable for the most part and the upward revisions if any will be small
-the huge difference in Petrol vs Diesel prices is a given and will be there for the foreseeable future
-there is talk about an increase (big one?) in duties on Diesel cars so better buy them soon
Old 7th June 2012, 13:45   #74
BHPian

Great work GTO & Jalsa777. Definetly a Must-read, every month & sure shot Box office Hit ! - irrespective of the sales figure

On a different dimension, is it really a blood-bath ?. Looking at number

2011 May vs 2012 May, the number of car sales increased by 7.5% (14700+units)
2011 Dec vs 2012 May, simlar story !

Yes. The shift may be from petrol to diesel, sedan to hatch or C2 to SUV !. But we are in decent climb on overall car supply to the road.

One quick question on the 'Manufacturer Origin'. I know we are in-general the 'japan product' fans !. Will it be good to have this in the 'Manufacturing origin' format too ?. Not meaning assembling, but manufacturing completely ?. Will the 'Domestic' have bigger share then ?.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

May 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-tm.jpg Happened to see this in advts 2 days back in Malayala Manorama. It looks like there is a discount offer on all TM vehicle including Nano. I am not sure whether i am reading it correct, but loooks like there is 50,000 for Nano also? Trying to sell as much Diesel cars as possible, before the duty hike.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed