Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:45   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

SC ruling is copy paste of California state rules. Also
Rule states - no black film. This should no dark film. (even blue can also Dark)
Rule states - Visual light transmission. This should be Visibile light transmission.
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:09   #482
BHPian

I have an alternative to sunfilms: Helmets! Black color helmets! During daytime, we can pull down the visors to block the sun. I don't know about any rule that says you can't wear a helmet inside a car. Imagine a car full of people wearing black helmets going merrily. The traffic cop would be
CarNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 18:49   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
. I don't know about any rule that says you can't wear a helmet inside a car. Imagine a car full of people wearing black helmets going merrily. The traffic cop would be
Some one is then very likely to come up with an interpretation that such people are terrorists -- there is no reason why a person inside a car should/ would wear a helmet. Esp in an environment where they dont even want to wear a seat-belt.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:52   #484
BHPian

Summer is back and it's a hell to sit and drive around in the car during the day while the sun is having its day
It's so challenging to drive with a baby inside.
I hope someone will come to our rescue and free us drivers of this anarchic rule!
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:56   #485
BHPian

Quote:
I have an alternative to sunfilms: Helmets! Black color helmets! During daytime, we can pull down the visors to block the sun. I don't know about any rule that says you can't wear a helmet inside a car. Imagine a car full of people wearing black helmets going merrily. The traffic cop would be
You would sweat inside the helmet, even with AC turned on. That would worsen the problem my friend, it won't solve it.
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:06   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha.. Cant stop laughing... May be you would have a police convoy behind you and trying to arrest you as a terrorist. By the way i heard some cars would come with tinted glasses. Does that not come under illegal act?
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:18   #487
BHPian

Quote:

I had tried it a few years back. Not as comfortable as you'd like to imagine.

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-imageuploadedbyteambhp1427089698.812767.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:54   #488
BHPian

[quote=90Horses;3668946 By the way i heard some cars would come with tinted glasses. Does that not come under illegal act?[/QUOTE]

As per the SC order, only the manufacturers can produce cars with the prescribed tint. No other alteration of any kind by anyone on the glasses is permitted. In short, if you have even your fingerprint on your car glass, it would be illegal
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 22:04   #489
BHPian

The reasons behind this ban seem ridiculous. There seems to be so much crime committed within the four walls of your apartment or houses, and imagine the cops say they need apartment walls to be seen through, rather than being built with bricks and cement.
Imagine the fuel being used to ensure you have the AC on during the hot summers, and the resultant pollution. Short and one sighted solution.
Vishyvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 22:51   #490
BHPian

I don't understand why car manufacturers not coming forward with tinted glasses and provide as accessory for older cars. It's good way of making money too.
Old 25th March 2015, 13:56   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
bought this Magnetic Sun Shades from Ebay (car.n.more) for Rs. 1500 seems OK , one Magnet on one shade was missing . Ebay gave coupon of Rs 500 for this.

May not work on Highway drives and have to check if the set of magnets holds on rough patch roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
Tried experimenting with a deal @ Groupon - Crab Magnetic Sun Shades. For 1399/- got a set of 4 shades for my Rapid. Please note that they have the deal for a Vento (not a Rapid); but essentially the right one.

Used it for a day but just soo impressed with the product. Its not a perfect fit; there will be gaps and bulges in the frame but it HANGS onto the metal frame of the window and does cut down the sun factor. Sharing images from the web - will post my pix over the weekend.

Attachment 1299396

Attachment 1299397
After reading both your posts I ordered mine from eBay(car.n.more). Same Crab Magnetic Sunshades although for a 2013 Swift, they ended up costing me more because Groupon didn't seem to have discount codes available when I tried them two days ago. Paid Rs.1850/- for set of 4.

The magnets are strong and as you mentioned there are slight gaps & bulges on borders but overall I'm satisfied, much better than the ones you pull up like curtains and don't cover the entire window and hell of a lot better than the ones people have drilled into their side panels o.O

This is by far the closest you can get to full coverage, especially at the rear seat, unless you own one of those fancy German cars which have bespoke automated screens built-in. Another thing I would like to mention is the ability of the magnets to latch on and not come loose despite my High SPL orientated sound system that sends hard hitting vibes throughout the car.

Some pictures:

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-1.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-2.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-3.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-4.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-5.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-6.jpg

I would like to now find a similar sunscreen for rear windshield.

Last edited by Maky : 25th March 2015 at 13:58.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 14:26   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

I would like to now find a similar sunscreen for rear windshield.
I have just ordered a set of 6 for my Innova from Ebay seller: rajatshoppershub

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Premium-Quali...E:L:OC:IN:3160

Cost was 1899 and using Ebay's 9% discount coupon, it came to 1728. Coupon code: EBAY10YOLD
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 14:58   #493
BHPian

Quote:
After reading both your posts I ordered mine from eBay(car.n.more). Same Crab Magnetic Sunshades although for a 2013 Swift, they ended up costing me more because Groupon didn't seem to have discount codes available when I tried them two days ago. Paid Rs.1850/- for set of 4.

Hi Maky,

Any idea if this acceptable to cops in Bombay ? they are pretty strict on the case of sun films. I was pulled up once and fined 100 bucks for the regular sun film on my wagon R
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 16:02   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi Maky,

Any idea if this acceptable to cops in Bombay ? they are pretty strict on the case of sun films. I was pulled up once and fined 100 bucks for the regular sun film on my wagon R
I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure they have no legal grounds to fine me based on sunscreen filter which is not a film. I will absolutely update in this thread if it annoys the police.
I've seen many Sunshades in cars over the past year, fancy German cars with their factory fitted options and little i10s with after market fitments such as mine. As it's also removable, This should be of no consequence...

Last edited by Maky : 25th March 2015 at 16:03.
Old 27th March 2015, 13:05   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
Well its 3-4 magnets for each shade/frame. And boy do they hold strong.
Quote:
The magnets are strong ...
Guys, Please help. All around the window glass on the inside is thick plastic or aluminium trim - no metal. To what do the magnets stick?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks