Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:47   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I am using the zippered magnetic sunshades on the city as well for the last 10 months.
Have you ever been pulled over by cops? Where I live, I'm sure the cops would object.
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:51   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Have you ever been pulled over by cops? Where I live, I'm sure the cops would object.
Nope I haven't. As a matter of fact have been stopped for breath analyser tests but no one said anything. Just opened the zip and blew in the machine.

I heard they were pulling over in Chennai. Not yet in Bangalore. Nowadays I believe focus is on PY cars, loud exhausts and half face helmets.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:21   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
However, my sunshades came with these (attached images) kind of rubber parts, which accommodates sunshade's lower-end nicely.
How does this bracket fix to the door panel ?

Quote:
... using Bicycle anti scratch frame protector stickers from Aliexpress which I got for less than a dollar.
Pls share the pic, and if possible the link on Aliexpress.
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:44   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Pls share the pic, and if possible the link on Aliexpress.
The link is mentioned below.

Bike-Bicycle-Sheet-Bike-sticker-15Pcs-Anti-Scratch-Sheet-Bike-Bicycle-Frame-Protector-Transparent-Stickers
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 18:02   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does this bracket fix to the door panel ?
These rubber brackets are fixed by a 3M Double sided bonding tape. This is how this bracket accommodates lower-end of the sunshade. This car is my MS Vitara Brezza.

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-sunshade.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 18:55   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
This is how this bracket accommodates lower-end of the sunshade. This car is my MS Vitara Brezza.
Recently noticed similar sun shades on my cousin's Rapid too and I quite liked it because it was unlike the usual ones that come with magnet inside and if the quality is not good and the magnet has sharp edges, it will end up scratching the door frames!
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:01   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at these shades, I think these are worse than the lighter version of sun-films. It is a work around, meets regulations, and does it's work !

The court-ruling looks to have gone awaste :(
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:48   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at these shades, I think these are worse than the lighter version of sun-films. It is a work around, meets regulations, and does it's work !

Indeed! Have seen many cars sporting these and one couldn't see anything inside the cabin at all. A proper ammendment to the sun film ruling that made then legal only if they were within the specified VLT would have made things so much better for all.
Old 23rd January 2018, 00:33   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Indeed! Have seen many cars sporting these and one couldn't see anything inside the cabin at all. A proper ammendment to the sun film ruling that made then legal only if they were within the specified VLT would have made things so much better for all.
Agree. However, in our country if not sunfilms then these are necessary. A specified limit for sun film is anyday more preferred than these.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:52   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Recently noticed similar sun shades on my cousin's Rapid too and I quite liked it because it was unlike the usual ones that come with magnet inside and if the quality is not good and the magnet has sharp edges, it will end up scratching the door frames!
Yes this is a part of the accessory pack, have to buy them extra. But they come only for rear windows and rear quarter glass. Not for front! So I am also looking for some options for my Rapid. Planning to install CR70 on front windshield but confused about front windows.
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:47   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Agree. However, in our country if not sunfilms then these are necessary. A specified limit for sun film is anyday more preferred than these.
Coming to the heat in our country, how do the Gulf people manage their extremely high temperatures? I believe only Ladies can get their cars tinted and Gents need to have a clear glass.
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:15   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Coming to the heat in our country, how do the Gulf people manage their extremely high temperatures? I believe only Ladies can get their cars tinted and Gents need to have a clear glass.
Dubai has officially made upto 70% of the tint to be legal, But even if you have a full tinted car the cops will simply play a blind eye, Unless they notice something fishy.

70% itself is more than enough to cut down the heat, But then dubai is not a country where crimes are committed in the car as often as it happens in metro cities of India.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:49   #703
Senior - BHPian

No, nothing like that. My car is tinted. We use highest quality VKool and LLumar films that can withstand a furnace. Costs an arm and a leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 15:16   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
... ... But then dubai is not a country where crimes are committed in the car as often as it happens in metro cities of India.
With respect to the honourable judges, surely 99% of cars are simply occupied by people plus friends/family going about their normal business. Wish the court would pay more attention to the driving than to what just might sometimes happen inside the car!

Even in UK... Official London taxi (the "black cab") drivers are considered the gold standard in safety when being driven by a stranger, but one was convicted of multiple cases of drugging and raping. How to eliminate crime? Knock all the house walls down? Ban curtains and shutters?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 20:28   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
With respect to the honourable judges, surely 99% of cars are simply occupied by people plus friends/family going about their normal business. Wish the court would pay more attention to the driving than to what just might sometimes happen inside the car!

Even in UK... Official London taxi (the "black cab") drivers are considered the gold standard in safety when being driven by a stranger, but one was convicted of multiple cases of drugging and raping. How to eliminate crime? Knock all the house walls down? Ban curtains and shutters?
Yeah so thats how unfair it is and there is no two ways about it, Because of the 1% folks misusing such things the rest of 99% have to suffer, As far as our government is concerned for them its an easy way out to simply ban the window flims, I don't support it.

Try driving around in metro cities with tints in your car, People will try and peak inside the car everywhere even more, Its an easy assumption atleast here in India for people to make, IF its a tinted car, There has to be something going on inside, Or rather like many with big mouths say, "Ladka haath se gaya hai" if he gets his car tinted.

Scenarios i feel are way different in India then in countries like UK/ Middle east.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks